What a game tonight!

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
coachingubigr
Site Admin

What a game tonight!

Post by coachingubigr » Sun May 06, 2012 3:23 am

Wow what a game tonight in Richmond! Attendance was great, the fans were into it and each side kept the score even.

Thank God the Raiders won though.

erictabor
Site Admin

What a Game

Post by erictabor » Mon May 07, 2012 1:13 pm

It was a great weekend all the way around for the PIFL. Every contest came down to the last second, even had a double overtime game...

Again, what a great weekend!!!

raidersradio
Site Admin

Post by raidersradio » Mon May 07, 2012 3:46 pm

I completely agree with both of you. We had a dramatic finish in Richmond -- and it might have been the least exciting game of the weekend! One game decided with 8 seconds left, the other two saw the lead change on the last play of the game -- one of those in 2OT -- that's what indoor football is all about!

ronniern
Site Admin

Post by ronniern » Thu May 10, 2012 2:20 am

This Season has been awesome basically any team can win any week,even the expansion Nighthawks put out a great effort, If this League continues Great things are in store!

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu May 10, 2012 3:12 pm

While the game in Knoxville went into 2OTs, it never should have, the Hammers blew the game. The Hammers scored with 1:07 remaining in the game to go up 48-44 and the Hammers go for two???? I am still asking myself why???? You go for two when you are up by 1 or 5 points, not 4. The Hammers do not convert on the 2 pointer, Knoxville then scores to go ahead 51-48. When Alabama kicks the field goal with 1.6 seconds left to tie the game 51-51 and send it into overtime, they should have really been kicking to win the game 52-51 in regulation. I am assuming that the kicker would have made the PAT to go up 49-48, Alabama's kicker had been true all night, including 2 FGs and 1 Uno, the only botched PAT was only a bad snap & hold. At least I can claim that I was in attendance for the first overtime game in the history of the PIFL, it was a very exciting game that was full of crazy stuff.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Thu May 10, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Thu May 10, 2012 5:05 pm

With all due respect Vinny there is no such thing as shouldn't have or wouldn't have. The game went to double OT. The Hammond made the decision he need to make. None of us can sit here and say they should have done this or done that. We aren't the HC and we didn't know the game plan. If his play calling had work you'd be calling him a genius, but that's the nature of the game. Outdoor and indoor, sometimes a coach gambles and loses. It happens, personally I'd be more upset with a coach that was afraid to go for the throat than a coach that's willing to take a gamble to win it all.

Return to “PIFL”