Playoff Prediction

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
coachingubigr
Site Admin

Playoff Prediction

Post by coachingubigr » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 am

I know the season is young, but the PIFL championship game will be Richmond vs Albany. Clearly the two best teams in the league.

Will not predict an outcome yet on the championship game.

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm

It's still early, you're right. Albany looks the best, for sure. Richmond has been impressive to start as well, but could still be passed by Louisiana or Columbus (if they can right their ship).
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:06 am

[quote=""BananaCat""]It's still early, you're right. Albany looks the best, for sure. Richmond has been impressive to start as well, but could still be passed by Louisiana or Columbus (if they can right their ship).[/quote]

I'm with you BC

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:09 am

If you are predicting the playoffs, why are you not predicting four teams, that is the number that qualify for the post-season?

1. Albany
2. Richmond
3. Alabama
4. Columbus

As far as predicting who would be in a championship game, that is premature, some teams will look a lot different by season's end.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:43 am

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]If you are predicting the playoffs, why are you not predicting four teams, that is the number that qualify for the post-season?

1. Albany
2. Richmond
3. Alabama
4. Columbus

As far as predicting who would be in a championship game, that is premature, some teams will look a lot different by season's end.[/quote]

Fair enough, I can rank my top four as well.

1. Albany
2. Richmond
3. Louisiana
4. Alabama

Little suprised that you left Louisiana out of the top four, but that's what makes this interesting, seeing how everyone stacks the league differently.

As for predicting the championship game, NFL analysts pick Super Bowl favorites every preseason, so why not give it a shot with the PIFL?

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:42 pm

For one thing, the player movement within the NFL vs. minor league football is substantially different, multi year contracts vs. single-year contracts. Much larger turnover of the roster in indoor/arena football than the NFL. My last spot was between Columbus and Louisiana but I figured that Louisiana's travel schedule will catch up with them eventually. I would tend to say that Albany will be there in the championship game but I would not want to guess the other championship participant since I have not seen everybody else play yet.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:22 am

Another solid win tonight for the Raiders. Really looking forward to the LA game on May 5th. It will tell us a lot about this Richmond team.
Last edited by coachingubigr on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 am

So Louisiana's streak of 5 consecutive years playing in the championship game of the league they are in, is in jeopardy? We thought the same thing the past 2 seasons but they seemed to find a way to get it done. gonna be interesting for sure...

For the Record, Albany has been the team i have pulled for since they formed. They should be going for their 3rd title in a row, not second.
Changes.... they are a coming......

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:24 pm

[quote=""sportznut""]So Louisiana's streak of 5 consecutive years playing in the championship game of the league they are in, is in jeopardy? We thought the same thing the past 2 seasons but they seemed to find a way to get it done. gonna be interesting for sure...

For the Record, Albany has been the team i have pulled for since they formed. They should be going for their 3rd title in a row, not second.[/quote]

They way LA is playing right now, it may be the first time in a long time they will be sitting out of the title game.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:24 am

Best case scenario for the Swashbucklers is likely a first round, road playoff game, worst case scenario is that Louisiana misses the playoffs all together.

I would also be remiss if I did not point out that the five straight appearances were all under the direction of a Thom Hager owned team and the SUCKER Indoor Football League. :eek: Coincidence? Naw, even Fly-By-Night Hager would find it difficult to compete in this tough league since the PROFESSIONAL Indoor Football League :D is clearly so far removed from Hager's terribly low standards.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Return to “PIFL”