Lightning Strikes Again!

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
jhurley90
Site Admin

Post by jhurley90 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]It's not the point you're trying to make, but it's the point that several other people have been trying to make to you.

Which was not at issue.

I can see why. But perhaps you should open yourself up to the possibility that you don't need to defend and instead you need to learn.

And, not unlike myself, you misspelled misspell. (Or at least you made a typo.)[/quote]

Haha, yes. Was definitely a typo.

Cincy_Monarchs_Fan
Site Admin

playoffs?

Post by Cincy_Monarchs_Fan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:20 am

Did Little Rock make the playoffs?? or did they fold?? can't find them in the brackets and no recent post.

jpsesq
Site Admin

Post by jpsesq » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:40 am

Yes, they're in the Western bracket, South Central Division, playing against NE Arkansas. Little Rock is the No. 4 seed in that bracket.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 am

[quote=""Cincy_Monarchs_Fan""]Did Little Rock make the playoffs?? or did they fold?? can't find them in the brackets and no recent post.[/quote]

Hey OCS sportsnuts! I had to tend to some very serious family matters but now everything is under control and I now have freetime once again to report on the Lightning! Ok when I last left here we had just defeated the NEA SWAG at home.So our final game against Memphis turned out to be for the south central division regular season crown.If Memphis won then they are division champs outright but if we win we share with Memphis.Lightning Strikes again! we beat Memphis 131-124. We finished the regular season 15-7 but on our webpage we are listed as 16-7.I dont know why the man listed the exhibition against the rudy-poohs as a win.For the record 15-7.

We were seeded 4 in the west bracket which can be found at http://www.abalive.com
But we were on the road in North East Arkansas which ticked me off because we played in one of their backwood gyms in Osceola,Arkansas about 5 miles from the arkansas river.You have to go to West Memphis then head north about 50 miles.The Lightning Strike again! We kept ABA all-star Chico Fletcher in check and old man wonder Gaylon Nickerson didnt fly in that game!We shut the SWAG down! The next day we lost to Conway Cyclones 100-99. It was sad and depressing and thats how our first season ended.
Conway eventually lost to North Dallas Vandals.

We are coming back for a second season! Everybody got paid exactly what they were expecting!Thank you to Hall High School and congrats to the Hall Warriors boys basketball team! Class7A State Champions again...I believe its four straight for them,or is it five straight?who cares,nobody in Arkansas can beat them!They are ranked 33rd in the country but #1 in Arkansas. We appreciate you guys cheering for us on those weekends when you could have been at the mall around the corner and thanks to the students/players that worked the games.We appreciate it!
Go Lightning!!!
Last edited by LR Lightning on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:02 am

For the record if anyone is wondering we ended the season averaging 211 spectators per game.Thats counting door sales and hand counting after the 3rd period.Its bleek but its way better than the 20 people per game that we averaged the first 4 home games!

And considering all the griping I heard with other first year front offices about how they are having trouble reaching out to their respective communities id say we had the best numbers,fans, and support in our division! Asking around the country in cities that are about the same size as Little Rock,alot of front offices started with alot of buzz and nice attendance numbers but as the season went by the numbers dwindled! Especially in the Northeast! Several teams were even embarrassed to the point they wanted to stop playing in mid-season.We had low to no expectations so for us to have the results and compare with every team I talked to in the aba id say we were a first season minor league basketball success! We arent nowhere near the London Lightning-super awesome status in canada(congrats on another championship coach MRR!) but we did good in the ABA! Stability and consistancy should be everyones goal in the ABA.

The Lightning scored a total of 2879 points in the regular season for an average of 130.8 points per game! Highest scoring game was against Dallas Impact on Jan 15. We won 175-136.Our lowest point total for the season was a 106-91 loss at Missouri Rhythm in Raytown,Mo. The funny thing is we dont even see ourselves as a high octane offense.And to be truthful,our 3-D conversions sucked! We barely converted on extra point opprotunities.Id say maybe two 3-D baskets a game.So the league rule didnt even benefit us.

Co-Captain Rashad Moss signed to play in Mexico.I still havent found the name of the team. Charles "Chucky"Moore signed with Gusave Mexico team.He earned Latinbasketball.com player of the week for the week of March 18th! That guy is an animal!Who says players cant make it anywhere through the ABA? These guys are doing just fine.
I havent heard from Danny MCCall the other co-captian and Mark Green our best player probably wont go elsewhere.He has a house and wife and 4 kids and I was told he has a great paying job in LR but anything past minimum wage here is a great job,but I understand he is a deep rooted family man and he has good kids that dont run around all over the gym stomping bleachers. Im gonna be doing alot of scouting in the State of Arkansas and im gathering info on FIBA Agent Certification.I want to be more involved with the team besides running the sales and marketing dept. and we have guys that deserve a good contract overseas.I want to make sure they get jobs playing elsewhere.

I appreciate all the feedback from everybody that visited this forum.
WINNERS RESPOND,LOSERS CRITICIZE. WHERE DO YOU STAND?
GO LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm

[quote=""Anonymous Spectator""]This banter is too much to pass on joining in.

I did attend this game. I stayed until the end. I was among the four people sitting on the court opposite the benches. One of the four filmed the game and another appeared to be Cameron Butler's personal coach and/or agent.

YOU GOT THE SCORE WRONG (in an earlier post)! Little Rock was leading 99-97 with 0:11 left. Bluff City (#2) hit a challenged 3-pointer with 0:01 left. Little Rock threw the ball the length of the court out of bounds. Bluff City threw the ball in and was deflected out of bounds. Still 0:01 left. When Little Rock did not play "defense", Bluff City threw the ball in bounds under the basket for an uncontested lay-up. Final score 102-99. You said 3-pointer at the buzzer for 103-99 final (way wrong).

That said, here are my observations: 1) I paid $10 to get in and paid $20 for a Little Rock Lightning shirt and $2 for popcorn and water, 2) I counted the attendance on several occasions (because it was real easy). The highest was 61 late in the game (included infants and a youth basketball team), 3) the quality of play is a glorified open gym for former basketball players (Cameron Butler and Bluff City #2 were clearly best players, but no way could make roster for an NBDL team), 4) this was an entertaining and exciting game that the crowd (of 61) got into during Little Rock's fourth quarter comeback, and 5) this team and this league have NO CHANCE to succeed or make any money (as I expect more than half of the 61 did not pay to get in).

I could easily comment of your halftime entertainment, but I will keep that to myself. LR Lightning - I dare you to challenge any of my comments above as being non-factual. I have plenty more ammo that would be classic for this website (if I need it).

Actually, I think you should thank me for spending $32 to attend your game.[/quote]
First off, you were either drunk or outside smoking because if you were there#1 our fans showed up late.#2 did you notice the kids and parents and random people walking into the gym wearing orange and black that said warriors on the front of their shirts nearing halftime?The majority of the late people came in from Hall's boys and girls playoff games which started a 2pm that day and they were in Cabot Arkansas, easily we passed our 200 mark during the 3rd.The clock lady was running a little late and dog tired because she was in Cabot. The youth in green jerseys came over from the main building during the 2nd quarter.Youth games started way before ours did so 61 sounds about right at that point in the game not late in the game liar. And thats why i was saying why were pics taken during layup drlls and tipoff just to be implied that was our whole game attendance#3 the play by play and the score I reported is both right.Memphis took the lead 100-99 when the little guy popped the 3. When we threw the inbound pass the length of the floor we didnt catch it and it went out of bounds. Turnover in the backcourt in the ABA is 3-D! THE 3-D LIGHT CAME ON! Little guy then caught the inbound for memphis in the corner with still 1 second and made the shot in 3-D with his toe on the line it would have been 4 if his toe wasnt on the line.Final score 103-99.Memphis was ahead by 1 with 1 sec left when we blew the inbound pass.What layup? LIAR! you are trying too hard to fit in on this board so when did this phantom layup occur? and Cameron Butler since he finished at SE Missouri State had at least 2 call ups from the d-league that i know of prior to moving back to Arkansas.Didnt you notice anything strange about his high arching jumper that didnt touch the rim if he made a jumper? You dont perfect that in rec leagues.And for your information broke people talk trash to try to fit in.Just how far did the $32 set you back?I would gave you money for gas if it set you back.Maybe you shoulda went to work that night instead of going to the game.Then you wouldnt have to worry about your money.I go to the game to work.I get paid for my work.We had a good laugh about the pics that were taken at the beginning of the game in the office.What you dont understand is ima leader,im used to striving for success and im use to people tryna cut down what im involved in,what I stand for,etc.If these other clowns cant faze me on this forum then what makes you think you can? Apparently the only thing you paid any attention to was disco daddy at halftime.Was it his tight pants that caught your attention? Tone down your estrogen intake guy.Wannabe cyberbullies...who are you trying to intimidate? im not your little nephew! I think you need to ask for a job.
Go Lightning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by LR Lightning on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous Spectator
Site Admin

Please, please, please...

Post by Anonymous Spectator » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:03 pm

...do not stop posting on this board. It is too entertaining.

Money is the least of my worries. I could buy 400 of Joe's phony franchises. You do the math.

I will put my money where my mouth is. If the Little Rock Lightning play 20 games next season, I will mail you a check for 25 game tickets ($250). You can do with the cashiers check or tickets as you please. I live 250+ miles away and was simply passing through town when I caught your game (and yes the photos were taken just before the game started, but my counts were accurate).

However, if the Little Rock Lightning do not play 20 games next season, you should mail me a Lightning game jersey.

Either way, please do not stop posting. You are a trip. In the end, the ownership of your team and every ABA team (except the former Kansas City Knights...they did it right) WILL LOSE MONEY!!!
Last edited by Anonymous Spectator on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Said Kansas City Monarchs, should have been Kansas City Knights

Anonymous Spectator
Site Admin

To my new friend...LR Lightning

Post by Anonymous Spectator » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:42 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]Im gonna be doing alot of scouting in the State of Arkansas and im gathering info on FIBA Agent Certification.[/quote]

If spelling or grammar are part of the certification process, you are screwed.

However, keep your head up, you do appear very qualified to write press releases for the ABA and/or the Gwizzlies.

Anonymous Spectator
Site Admin

Oh really?

Post by Anonymous Spectator » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:27 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]I go to the game to work.I get paid for my work.[/quote]

Many people associated with the ABA, including players, can dispute your statement. They went to work and did not get paid. Look at the 10+ year track record, 90%+ of ABA teams don't make it two years. I hope you (and the Lightning) can prove me wrong. But...you won't.

ABA Theme Song... "Another bites the dust, and another one down and another one down, and another bites the dust. Hey, it'll get to YOU..."

jpsesq
Site Admin

Post by jpsesq » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:49 am

[quote=""LR Lightning""] Im gonna be doing alot of scouting in the State of Arkansas and im gathering info on FIBA Agent Certification.I want to be more involved with the team besides running the sales and marketing dept. and we have guys that deserve a good contract overseas.I want to make sure they get jobs playing elsewhere. [/quote]

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I would think if you work for the Lightning, it would be a blatant conflict of interest for you to serve as an agent for Lightning players.

Return to “ABA”