Is AIF for real?

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
RevolutionX
Site Admin

Is AIF for real?

Post by RevolutionX » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:11 am

Ok the AIF bills thenselves as a professional league which is split into two tiers. A professional league and a developmental league. Who are the developmental teams? What is their schedule and where do they play. Who are the pro teams? and who did the scheduling. I have never seen such a f'd up system. One team has already played four games and Harrisburg hasn't even played one....can anyone take this John Morris farse for real. Dont people realize if you support him you enable him. just like giving an addict crack. Guess some people wil never learn. About that second tier, or scheduling.....anyone...Buehler...anyone.....have an answer.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:33 am

[quote=""RevolutionX""]can anyone take this John Morris farse for real. [/quote]

No not really. The whole thing is quite sad. Glad there isn't a team in my area.

gatek99
Site Admin

Post by gatek99 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:40 am

Obviously people believe in this, otherwise there would be no teams! At least the teams are playing

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:11 pm

[quote=""RevolutionX""]Ok the AIF bills thenselves as a professional league which is split into two tiers. A professional league and a developmental league. Who are the developmental teams? What is their schedule and where do they play. Who are the pro teams? and who did the scheduling. I have never seen such a f'd up system. One team has already played four games and Harrisburg hasn't even played one....can anyone take this John Morris farse for real. Dont people realize if you support him you enable him. just like giving an addict crack. Guess some people wil never learn. About that second tier, or scheduling.....anyone...Buehler...anyone.....have an answer.[/quote]

Most people who might attend a game, and I plan to, don't care about it all that much. Basically, I like indoor football as a spectacle and I just basically see this as an entertainment option. It's the equivilant of going to a movie or to mini-golf for the evening. Just a night out. If it lasts, great. If it doesn't, what can you do? Go to a movie instead.

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:17 pm

That said, if possible, I'd love to have a real indoor league put a team in my area, like the IFL. Better yet, I'd love to see the AFL in Baltimore, but for whatever reason, that hasn't been happening. Part of it is probably the lack of a quality arena. But whatever, in the absence of a decent league, I can see going to this and trying it out. I thoroughly enjoyed the Baltimore Mariners for 4 years.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Yeah, we all know you dont care about the game or the players NTE, it entertainment for you, something to do on Sat night...yada,yada,yada. I too would like to see a team come back to NJ. I would like to see them play in a "stable" league with standards of play, field conditions, operations. I would also like to see teams, stable franchises, not "associate" teams or filler teams, travel only teams used to run up the score on. I want to see teams in the tri state area so travel and operating costs would be lower. maybe teams would succeed. It is allegedly pro football. Most people wont waste their time and money on a second class operation when they realize within the first five minutes after walking in the door it is a joke. The players and coaches sign on with the promise, this is not the NFL, but pro football none the less and they will be treated accordingly. Everything John Morris says this league is and will be is a lie. Two tiers, developmental division. All star game in Cancun, Mexico. Most teams arent even playing a full schedule. How will the playoffs work, is that justified or equal for all teams. The schedule is tainted, stacked for some teams. When will some of these owners realize they were sold a bill of goods. This league is worse than the smell from arena the Harrisburg Stampede plays in.I saw the scam CS&E, owners of the NJ Revolution perpetrated first hand, John Morris is doing the same thing yet on a larger scale.
Ask Bondo, the owner of the Trenton Steel, how is partnership with Morris worked out. He drank the cool aide, Morris got him to run two teams, lost his shirt, Morris took back one of the teams, Steel folded, no longer exist. This is why there is no team in Baltimore.
Last edited by RevolutionX on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 pm

"Yeah, we all know you dont care about the game or the players NTE, it entertainment for you, something to do on Sat night"

Yup, that's primarilly what it is.

"I would like to see them play in a "stable" league with standards of play, field conditions, operations."

I'd prefer that too if we could have it. But since we don't, I'd be willing to drink the Koolaid, since after all it's just a night out.

I love arena/indoor football, I think it's pretty entertaining, I wish I had a local team in a stable league, I wish we even had more televised games from the AFL rather than just a weekly game on NFLN, but we don't. people like you and me that like this sport must be extremely rare, hence it can't really succeed, so we get it when we can, until it just fades away and the way it seems now, it probably will unfortunately.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 pm

The game in Cancun is too much, can't help but laugh when I read about it. I imagine Morris putting 8 dudes in a room with one king size bed at the Cancun Motel 6.

So funny.

Unless you were with 7 other dudes trying to sleep in a Motel 6.
Last edited by coachingubigr on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Oh don't be surprised by the game in Cancun, Mex.
Be surprised. They'll probably not fly down, but take the local Mex
Charter bus line Taco Juaco.
The roads will bone jarring, but hey these are tough pro Football players.
Its a long ride around the Gulf, about 47hrs non-stop at @32mph.
(dirt roads, one lanes, bandits drug stops you know the drill)
I'm assured its all worth it. :p
Last edited by DFWCC on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:48 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]Oh don't be surprised by the game in Cancun, Mex.
Be surprised. They'll probably not fly down, but take the local Mex
Charter bus line Taco Juaco.
The roads will bone jarring, but hey these are tough pro Football players.
Its a long ride around the Gulf, about 47hrs non-stop at @32mph.
(dirt roads, one lanes, bandits drug stops you know the drill)
I'm assured its all worth it. :p [/quote]

ha ha soooo funny

Return to “AIF”