NIFL should consolidate with another league

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
meangene
Site Admin

NIFL should consolidate with another league

Post by meangene » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:22 pm

from a players stand point this league is gettin "watered down" when you have teams gettin beat by 95 points every week it kinda makes it hard for solid teams with decent players tryin to move up to the next level. There are only 4 to 6 legit teams in this league all the others are "slaw". I will not play in the NIFL after this year. But you heard me say it today. Billings all the way!

Gunsmoke
Site Admin

Post by Gunsmoke » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:49 pm

M m m m m . . . . Cole Slaw!

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:10 pm

The NIFL should quiestly disband.

CS should go into another line of work.

The remaining well managed teams can find a home in another league.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:29 pm

Jamie wrote:CS should go into another line of work.
Where she can screw other people out of their money and taint the image of yet another industry? I don't think so. She needs to be behind bars with her peers.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:36 pm

Well, making license plates is another line of work... :-)

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:24 am

Pays good cigarette money I hear.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:16 am

Get rid of CS and you've probably saved the league. However, since I'm sure there is probably no way to do that under the league structure (I'll bet it's set up so CS is the league), you'd have to have all of the owners (of the solid franchises) get together and form their own league without CS (sort of what the UIF and reborn Intense league did). They should also invite the surviving AIFL teams, since the problems there seem to be about the same. You can excpect some sort of legal action from CS, which would be abandoned because once in court, the league's business practices would be exposed, showing the NIFL in breach of contract.
A new league (or leagues) should be regional in nature -- six to eight-team divisional clusters would be ideal for a 12- to 14-game regular season -- then set up a national post-season playoff (The USISL's PDL is a good model if you want to copy soccer).

The problem here is to set something up affordable for owners (travel and franchise costs in the af2 is out of the range of many reasonable owners), but something still respectable. You want some sort of performance bond up front to make sure if something goes wrong, a team will finish the season. You also want strict insurance requirements and a signed lease with a purchase of the turf, board padding, goalposts (and sideline boards if the arena doesn't have hockey) in hand before even allowing a team to play. You want background and credit checks on any prospective owners.

yellowpages
Site Admin

Post by yellowpages » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:15 am

I agree nksports.

Sounds like the PIFL is going to set up like some of the things you mentioned.

Hopefully they can make it happen.

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:49 am

OK NKSports, where did you aquire a copy of our business plan? Just joking, but being honest, some things just make sense if you want to be successful.

nksports
Site Admin

Lord it's hard to be humble

Post by nksports » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:15 am

Actually, I haven't been saying anything new or anything that hasn't been said before by better men than I.
The problem is two-fold. You have too many people who think you put out some press releases about their team coming to town, without any jack of their own, and the money will come rolling in and they will be filthy rich in a business with the slimmest of profit margins in the best of circumstances. When it doesn't, pride won't let them admit to themselves or others that they're in over their heads. Then the Huns come to the gates (the arena throws them out and the players and staff aren't paid). Pretty soon, the team folds.
Second you have some outright con artists (the HP Pattersons, or whatever the @$%&* his name is, and those like him) who take those early bucks that do come in and skip town.
On top of all that, you seem to have a league office that either doesn't care or is outright encouraging all of this (like letting the HP Pattersons and CSMs of the world have teams after failing before).
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Return to “NIFL”