Lightning Strikes Again!

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:07 am

[quote=""Cincy_Monarchs_Fan""]Photos from Saturday 2-25-2012, where's the other 160 of the 200 fans? As you said, "You have to see it for yourself". :confused:

P.S. Let #32 know not to park in the handicapped parking spot when showing up at game time unless he is the first handicapped ABA player. :mad: [/quote]

Ha! Where are the rest of the facts that you should be listing? I will help since you are in the bubblebursting mood.What time of the year is it here in Arkansas? You should know this since you were here.Regionals.All of the fans that are parents and people who have nephews and nieces in school playing ball are on the road cheering for them.Even the clock lady was tired because of shuffling to games all day.What school supports us the most? Hint,the championship posters are in the walkway as soon as you walk into the building.Hall Boys and Girls state posters.If you were there a week ago, you would have noticed the groups of teenagers that were there, not wearing orange and black.And then you take the first pic what an hour before tipoff? Where are the pics from the past games? You pick the weekend we have most of our fans away and take pics an hour before tipoff and at the beginning of the game? And when did I ever announce the attendance for this game?
And you could have told #32 youself.You were there early enough,so why didnt you say something to him? Was it the 6'5 frame and tattoos that made you think about speaking to him on the matter? And that #32 saved us saturday night.Why are you more concerned about where he parks? You could be talking about his performance in the fourth quarter.

I already listed the factors we have going against us.Little Rock is a family oriented city.And most importantly our attendance isnt declining!
Why didnt you take pics of the 3rd quarter or better yet the 4th quarter? Why arent you telling the guys here on oursporstcentral how loud it was and how thrilling the finish turned out to be? Most of the people that went to the Hall regional bball games showed up as soon as they could. This game went down to the wire.Its okay if you were stopping thru on the way to the mall and wanted to take a pic,but make sure you let the guys here know the facts. Our fans showed but you dont want that to be known.Its okay.
Last edited by LR Lightning on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:40 pm

@cincy_monarchs_fan
So,besides showing up early to take pics,did you meet any of the staff for the Little Rock Lightning?If not,why?I would have gladly shaken your hand and welcomed you to our game.I would have even bought you a Pepsi. Did you meet the owner and GM?If not,why didnt you? They would have introduced you to everyone on our staff and welcomed you to the game. Did you stay for the entire game? Did you at least stay for halftime to get a good laugh at Disco Daddy, our most loyal fan and mascot?
I understand it was a Saturday night and you might have had plans for a tropical smoothie or something but did you do any research or look into any of my facts I posted?That was your chance.So,why didnt you? You could have done more than take a few pics and gripe about a player parking in the handicapped parking.You had an opprotunity to get to know everyone involved with the Lightning as well as watch an action packed game and didnt take it.Typical American.
There was so much that happened on Saturday night at the game and you didnt mention any of it.You had an opprotunity to verify everything ive posted thus far.Instead you went for cool points on oursportscentral by posting pics that dont tell the whole story.You took pics of what you felt would be funny.Typical weak American.
Why would you even attempt to pull us down?The Lightning and The Lightning community arent crabs stuck in a barrel guy.But as long as you get your reaction from the others on oursportscentral thats all that really matters to you right? Im not mad at you,its okay,do your thing.

So, what team in what league do you work for and what difference are you making for them?

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:42 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]So, what team in what league do you work for and what difference are you making for them?[/quote]
Maybe he's just a person who called you out. Not everyone works for a team.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:53 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]Maybe he's just a person who called you out. Not everyone works for a team.[/quote]

If im calling someone out, im gonna get more that a few choice pics.I would meet people,ask questions,etc.I can see if he had taken pics before,during,and after the game.He had plenty of opprotunity to call me out in person If he really wanted to make a point.His actions are for the gigglers.Followers and people on the sidelines that arent involved need to laugh at someone,so im not upset.
If I didnt work for a team or try to make a positive difference for the team,I wouldnt be calling anyone out.I wouldnt make any comments about what anyone was doing to help either.Would you?
Last edited by LR Lightning on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:57 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]

Typical American.

Typical weak American.
[/quote]

What, exactly, is your point with these two comments? Are you not American yourself?

You will ruin your credibility if you start going down this path...
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:40 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]If I didn't work for a team or try to make a positive difference for the team, I wouldn't be calling anyone out. I wouldn't make any comments about what anyone was doing to help either. Would you?[/quote]
Yes. I would.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:44 pm

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]What, exactly, is your point with these two comments? Are you not American yourself?

You will ruin your credibility if you start going down this path...[/quote]

I am an AMERICAN! My points are to remind people the world views us as lazy fingerpointers that always have negative attitudes.Thats my way of challenging him and any other fingerpointer to step up and make a positive difference.We as a nation stay divided,steadily fingerpoint and yet not enough of US are willing to step up and make a positive difference no matter what it is.Im willing to step up,jhurley from the gwizz news threads stepped up to help them and she did it because of support,not money.

I just want to let people know how the world views us when we pull each other down.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:49 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]I am an AMERICAN! My points are to remind people the world views us as lazy finger-pointers that always have negative attitudes. That's my way of challenging him and any other finger-pointer to step up and make a positive difference. We as a nation stay divided,steadily finger-point and yet not enough of US are willing to step up and make a positive difference no matter what it is. I'm willing to step up, jhurley from the gwizz news threads stepped up to help them and she did it because of support, not money.

I just want to let people know how the world views us when we pull each other down.[/quote]
Like when we call each other lazy Americans? ;)

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:52 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]Yes. I would.[/quote]

Well,thats one of the differences between you and I.Its okay.Like I said before, there has to be something to laugh at for the people who are sitting on the sidelines.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:53 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]I am an AMERICAN! My points are to remind people the world views us as lazy fingerpointers that always have negative attitudes.Thats my way of challenging him and any other fingerpointer to step up and make a positive difference.We as a nation stay divided,steadily fingerpoint and yet not enough of US are willing to step up and make a positive difference no matter what it is.Im willing to step up,jhurley from the gwizz news threads stepped up to help them and she did it because of support,not money.

I just want to let people know how the world views us when we pull each other down.[/quote]

"The world" is not reading OSC. Fans (and yes, we are fans) of minor league sports are; of that group over 95% are most likely American, so your defense rings hollow. So you are "not" a typical American, based on a post on a discussion board, with absolutely no context or information on the backgrounds or values of anyone else here?

BTW - as to patting yourself on the back (and the woman with the Gwizz) for getting involved - the work history and resumes of many of the same posters here you call out as 'typically weak' would overwhelming dwarf your 20 minutes of minor league experience. Many here have forgotten far more than you have thus far learned.

But go ahead and continue to tell all of US why WE are the ones who don't get it, or understand the process.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Return to “ABA”