Mike Lind Is A Douchebag!

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
guardnoize
Site Admin

Mike Lind Is A Douchebag!

Post by guardnoize » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:40 am

--------------------
Last edited by guardnoize on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rage4
Site Admin

landlord feels your pain

Post by rage4 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:11 am

looks like the phantoms are being evicted

kristin411
Site Admin

I hate the word "douche-bag" BUT,,,

Post by kristin411 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:49 am

If the shoe fits,,,, (and it does)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom1

If the leauge took over this team why is there nothing on the website in reference to this take over? Because its another front to this mickey mouse BS!!! We had enough and we cut our loses. Bad guy?no way. ,,,,

,,,, I will tell you the The phantoms ended its season last Monday. The league never contacted ownership to take the team over and finish the season.

My question is;
If the Phantoms have ended their season why are players now not being allowed to sign on with other teams? Mike Lind has now refused to release players from their contracts so that they can move on from this whole fiasco. How can the players can be held to any original contract with the phantoms?? Just doesn't seem right to me. Wouldn't the Phantoms and or the NIFL be in default of contract by not even providing a home venue or paying players?? Someone help me understand this please!

Bruce B
Site Admin

Post by Bruce B » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:10 am

I don't think the lack of a home venue would be a breach of contract, but not paying a person employed as a player could. If the team did not honor their contract with a player by failing to pay him for services rendered, I can't imagine that contract would be upheld as valid in a court of law. The owner might claim he was GOING to pay the player, but then the issue of solvency comes in, and a football team without a home field (the primary source of revenue for any sports teams) isn't exactly going to wow a judge.

Contract law varies from state to state, but if I were an unpaid Phantom player, I'd go ahead and look for another job. That contractual agreement has already been broken by the owner, from what I can tell. If not, let him prove it in court. It could even be considered restraint of trade if an owner refuses to pay a player, yet prevents him from seeking gainful employment with someone who would.

But don't take my advice: TALK TO A LAWYER IN FLORIDA FIRST, even if he or she is only a paralegal or with a referral service. At the very least, you can find out what constitutes breach of contract in that state.
Last edited by Bruce B on Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

curiousity
Site Admin

Post by curiousity » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:58 am

Bruce B,
I couldn't agree with you more! Seems we think on the same level, and obviously these poor guys need the opportunity to move on! I am sure they will do well. They have already conquered a lot against all odds.

I just wanted to toss you a thank you for giving them some light at the end of the tunnel. As they will be more thankful than myself, I am certain.

So, go get your legal advice guys, and move on!!!!

herb1
Site Admin

A deluded Mind is Lind

Post by herb1 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:43 pm

Nothing has been upheld in the contracts and the website was removed for non payment weeks ago. The players have been for the most part dedicated and they should just move to what ever teams they can play for.
Most of what was done in this group actually had no ties to the LLC due to the state corporation namings clauses. So I would nt worry about lawsuit the attorneys have not even been paid.

This might go down as the worst move for CS if it were not that 80% of all the new owner groups have fail or are failing . lol .
Well I think their may be storm brewing soon and its not Sioux Falls lol

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

getting out of contracts

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:50 pm

My guess is in this situation, if the team no longer exists you can't be held into that contract. CONTACT THE LEAGUE...even with all the issues that they are having they should be able to help you. IF A TEAM FOLDS...you can't be held on a contract to play for that team.

I believe that the problem here is that the league locks in rosters in week 9.
That could be the only issue with moving to another team, I think.

Anyway good luck Phormer Phantoms ;)

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:50 pm

The team folded, ceased play for 2006. It still remains a part of the league until either the team or the league terminate the contract between them and therefore any contracts are still valid, including player ones which won't expire till after the first game of 2007.

I am not saying this is right and I believe players should be released, but that's the rules. Now player contracts only extend to teamswith in the NIFL. Any player on any team who signed the standard NIFL contract is free at anytime to go play on any team in any other league.

I am also not saying any of these contracts would hold up in court as right to work issues come into play. These have been tested before and I can't remember one case where the team who held the players contract was sided with.

These contracts were designed to keep players from jumping from team to team during the season, not to keep them from playing. But in the past and now, it appears some are using them or trying to use them for a purpose they were not intended for.

jimbo32712
Site Admin

i may be wrong but

Post by jimbo32712 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:37 pm

I heard that Osceola actually had signed a few players that played for Palm Beach..So maybe I heard wrong.

kristin411
Site Admin

Post by kristin411 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:11 pm

I believe the player/s that went to Osceola left before this whole thing in Fayetteville came to a head. Apparently Mike Lind has now decided that if he can't make things work with this team then no one else can have any of the players either. A few of them were all set to go to Frenzy (and/or Lakeland) and copies of their contracts were faxed to those teams with a notation that these players were not being released by Phantoms. So,, if in fact anyone did "get out" nthey should be thankful that they did,,,before Mike Lind decided it wasn't enough that he had screwed his own life up,, he now seems to feel the need to take everyone else down with him and screw their lives up as much as possible also.

Return to “NIFL”