Sin City Blackjacks

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:03 am

It aint personal and it aint hate. It's the reality seen over and over again from Florida to Alaska. It's players not getting paid. It's vendors not getting paid. It's fans buying tickets and the opponent not showing up. It's teams getting evicted from arenas. It's injured players not getting treated because the team didn't pay the major medical premium. It's all business.

scblackjack
Site Admin

Post by scblackjack » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:51 am

So you think that you second guessing a new franchise is good for the sport?! Let's talk reality......I have also seen over the years what you said has happened, but I have also seen good from existing franchises. I communicate with existing owners who have success to learn their formula. Show some compassion for the new franchises, not everyone is out to acrew someone.....

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:39 am

Hmmm, joining a league where leadership has proven itself inept and uncaring in the past, not having a venue secured by December, not having all teams in the league announced by December, are three major issues just to start with. Good luck getting a good fan base for the first season starting so late.

We would love to see all new startups succeed, but the reality is the odds are against you and the way you're starting off shows that you'll be lucky to last 2 years. Sorry, I'm with nksports.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:27 am

When you don't come to the table with your spam in a can, yes, it's good for the sport. If you consulted with people successful in this sport, you probably wouldn't have come into the league you're in. You would have an arena lease (or at least a letter of intent with a deposit). You wouldn't be waiting until just a few months before the start of the season. It's early December. The seasons for most leagues start about March. That means (with no lease in hand) you haven't started selling tickets. It means probably minimal marketing to this point. (You just announced your team). Successful owners that I've seen start the marketing effort from eight months to a year in advance.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:58 am

Cool website, SCBlack!!! ;)
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:31 pm

"It's fans buying tickets and the opponent not showing up. "

I thoroughly enjoyed being a fan of the Baltimore Mariners in this league. But I will say this, why buy a ticket in advance, they never sell out? I went to maybe 12-14 games over the Mariners 4 years of existance, usually BELOW FACE VALUE or at face value, never bought a ticket in advance. Season tickets? Why? The biggest crowd ever was 6500 in a 12000 seat building. There's no reason a fan should ever lose money in this league.

treyingeorgia
Site Admin

Post by treyingeorgia » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Valid points left and right about joining a league that is destined to fail. I guess people at this level forget Economics 101: market and sell and then market and sell some more. Looking at your website first and foremost spend $$$ and get a website done right; so, fans can at least take you seriously. Enough with the rap songs, this is a website not a rap album. It is an extension of your brand name.
Last edited by treyingeorgia on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:18 pm

[quote=""scblackjack""]So you think that you second guessing a new franchise is good for the sport?! Let's talk reality......I have also seen over the years what you said has happened, but I have also seen good from existing franchises. I communicate with existing owners who have success to learn their formula. Show some compassion for the new franchises, not everyone is out to acrew someone.....[/quote]

I don't think it is a knock on you for trying to get an indoor football franchise up and running as much as your affiliation, the AIF. The guy who owns the league is a shady bastard with a history of failed leagues and back door business deals. John Morris will forever be linked to what is wrong with the sport . So forgive people, who have knowledge of him, are skeptical the league will ever succeed, because it it could, why didn't his past attempts succeed. What is different now. Did he find millioaires to cover him. Did he suddenly come in to billions of dollars. He owns the entire eastern conference . All four teams. Anyone who gets involved with Morris is destined to fail because he has no money to run a pro league. and you'll be left holding the bag and he will wash his hands. Noone can trust this guy, that's why established franchises joined other leagues because he can offer nothing but an open hand to take your money. Hope it works for you and I hope you got deep pockets, just ask Bondo , owner of the Trenton Steel, how his association with Morris worked out. They just folded after one season cause he lost his shirt after Morrris suckered him too.
Last edited by RevolutionX on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FSUCannons
Site Admin

Blackjacks?

Post by FSUCannons » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:32 am

Kinda confused how the Sin City Blackjacks can use the "Blackjacks" moniker when the Las Vegas Blackjacks are a highly successful, Division 1 national championship Mens rugby team already using that name and have been here for quite some time. My opinion is that Sin City noticed this and that's why the are the ridiculous "Sin City" instead of "Las Vegas".

http://www.lasvegasblackjacksrugby.com

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:14 pm

[quote=""FSUCannons""]Kinda confused how the Sin City Blackjacks can use the "Blackjacks" moniker when the Las Vegas Blackjacks are a highly successful, Division 1 national championship Mens rugby team already using that name and have been here for quite some time. My opinion is that Sin City noticed this and that's why the are the ridiculous "Sin City" instead of "Las Vegas".

http://www.lasvegasblackjacksrugby.com[/quote]

I think we're going to see a lot of this kind of wackiness out of the AIF.
What are you doing here?

Return to “AIF”