American Indoor Football (but no Association?)

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:16 pm

I never heard of the Show Place Arena? I thought they had a lease with 1st Mariner? Maybe they won't be in Baltimore. If not, I won't attend, I'm not driving an hour to Frederick for minor league football, but if it's 15 minutes away, I'm in.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 pm

[quote=""NTE""]I never heard of the Show Place Arena? I thought they had a lease with 1st Mariner? Maybe they won't be in Baltimore. If not, I won't attend, I'm not driving an hour to Frederick for minor league football, but if it's 15 minutes away, I'm in.[/quote]
The Show Place Arena is in Upper Marlboro...former home of the CIFL's Chesapeake Tide and later the IFL's Maryland Maniacs.

Given that the guy in charge of the Reapers also used to be part of the Tide's team office, I'd say that's where they're going...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

WILLDINGO
Site Admin

Tryouts..

Post by WILLDINGO » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:49 am

when is the Maryland team having TRYOUTS?

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:14 pm

They have always claimed that Morris has a lease or something? with 1st Mariner Arena, or the "rights" to indoor football there? Maybe someone else knows, so I am still hoping we get a team back in downtown Baltimore. I don't know why we shouldn't, I'm sure you have a core of at least 1000 fans that are into it and if the team wins, I'm also sure you can get UP TO at least 7000 for a title game.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:08 pm

[quote=""WILLDINGO""]when is the Maryland team having TRYOUTS?[/quote]

If they're not free, don't waste your money for them. The team's roster is probably already pretty sure.
What are you doing here?

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:01 pm

[quote=""exit322""]If they're not free, don't waste your money for them. The team's roster is probably already pretty sure.[/quote]

The Reapers (then called the pro version of the Force) have already had two tryout dates. I don't know if there will be more.

SportsAgent007
Site Admin

Post by SportsAgent007 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:33 pm

[quote=""RevolutionX""]What I find interesting about this team is their owner, Chuck Thompson, was a player on the Trenton Steel's pre-season roster, but was cut. A good player, journeyman, who has played for a variety of teams in the indoor world. Not to be a hater, give him credit for wanting a team, but how does he he have the finances to run a professional orgaization. John Morris had to have given him a deal he couldn't refuse just to have another team in his league. Playing semi-pro developmental ICFL to AIF. How will they survive? If they dont get 1st Mariner, is their current home up to the "professional" standards of play and how many people does the facility seat? Knowing what it takes, financially, I dont understand this move. John Morris is behind this. Youll probably see them wearing the Fayetteville Forces uniforms and equipment, supplied by Morris, possibly playing in an area whose rights are held by Morris.Fayetteville is allegedly changing their name. Is this a scam for the people of Fayetteville to think something new is comming, except it will be the same old Morris endevour. Nobody kid yourself, Morris is behind this team. He will control three teams in his own league and off set the costs by the "developmental" team. No way this works, just cant see it.[/quote]

I have heard about the scam there running with their developmental team. The amount of money they have to pay is crazy. They supply their own equipment and game pants, and a few of their players played as Fayetteville for the travel squad to finish out the 2011 SIFL season. I know they are playing their AIF games in a soccer house. They have goalposts and padded walls on an indoor soccer field. I have also heard they plan on paying players whatever the organization wants for AIF games and signing players to cookie cutter contracts with no amount on them.....

Now don't get me wrong I like the idea of developmental football if its run right. I understand its gonna cost the players something, but not and arm and a leg. It should give players quality film, and actually be sent to pro teams in an attempt to get players into camp or at least a workout with a pro team, without going to a cattle call open tryout.

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:18 am

[quote=""Minor League Man""]The Show Place Arena is in Upper Marlboro...former home of the CIFL's Chesapeake Tide and later the IFL's Maryland Maniacs. Given that the guy in charge of the Reapers also used to be part of the Tide's team office, I'd say that's where they're going...[/quote]

It looks like none of us guessed this correctly. The Maryland Reapers announced via Facebook that their new home venue is The Gardens Ice House in Laurel, MD.
Last edited by DCAbloob on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

JeffCapo
Site Admin

Post by JeffCapo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:56 am

[quote=""DCAbloob""]It looks like none of us guessed this correctly. The Maryland Reapers announced via Facebook that their new home venue is The Gardens Ice House in Laurel, MD.[/quote]

This is a really nice facility. My daughter has ice skating lessons there. THere is a ton of activity there with hockey, curling, skating, etc. Hopefully the Reapers will be able to capitalize. I plan on attending some of their games.
Jeffrey T. Capo

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:00 pm

[quote=""JeffCapo""]This is a really nice facility. My daughter has ice skating lessons there. THere is a ton of activity there with hockey, curling, skating, etc. Hopefully the Reapers will be able to capitalize. I plan on attending some of their games.[/quote]

And how many does it seat, may I ask?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Return to “AIF”