Pifl

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
niflfan
Site Admin

What is he smoking?

Post by niflfan » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:44 pm

OK, let me get this straight. This is the same guy that posts reckless ramblings regarding a variety of topics on his web page. All under the guise, of "I am only interested in what is best for indoor football and mankind". In often failed attempts to be funny, this guy is nothing short of a joke.

The business plan here is so transparent it's funny. Let's trash everyone and their brother. Keep marching out my 6 years of indoor football expertise. OK, just tell everyone where to send their money. Genius!

News flash, people generally invest their money with credible, competent people. Whoops, you're 0 for 2 there.

Nice try, but I highly doubt anybody in their right mind is buying this nonsense.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:55 pm

Let's talk about credibility here...

Anyone that calls himself "NIFLFan" clearly has none.

LOL!

Anyone who doesn't recognize that the NIFL, as a corporate entity, must die, is delusional. I assume you work for the league.

I'll take a league organized by Jerry Hewitt over ANYTHING that anyone associated with the front office of the NIFL or or AIFL have to offer.

Battra
Site Admin

Post by Battra » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:29 pm

If this league gets off the ground, I'd definitely like to see it. I really like some of the rules they've created. It seems they've improved some things. Like the non-blitzing LB not having to stay in the dummy square. I really like that. Also, if a TE lines up, allowing a defensive player to go on the line with him, and giving the LB the ability to line up near the line in the red zone.

The main bullet point here is that I'm glad to see they've made some defenive rule changes that make defense well, possible.

Kudos!

Come to St. Louis!

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:08 pm

Any serious team would be foolish not to check into this league, and see what being a member means. Heck, there are a couple of leagues that force their teams, their members, to accept teams that can't live up to their responsibilities.

Why would a team not look into joining a league where your voice as one of indoor footballs may have the ability to change the way our indoor game is perceived? To have a stake in cementing indoor football as a sport that's run as it should be.

That's what the fans truly want. I think that's what the solid indoor football owners really want.

Silly not to check it out!

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:08 pm

Battra wrote:If this league gets off the ground, I'd definitely like to see it. I really like some of the rules they've created. It seems they've improved some things. Like the non-blitzing LB not having to stay in the dummy square. I really like that. Also, if a TE lines up, allowing a defensive player to go on the line with him, and giving the LB the ability to line up near the line in the red zone.

The main bullet point here is that I'm glad to see they've made some defenive rule changes that make defense well, possible.

Kudos!

Come to St. Louis!
The GLIFL has had a lot of success this year with the "blitz from anywhere" linebacker, it is certainly a rule that has made the games look more like football. Should translate well to the PIFL.

baydaddy77
Site Admin

Pifl

Post by baydaddy77 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:12 pm

On a sidenote, I remember the original PIFL fondly. After following the league the first year, I noticed that they had a media guide for sale. I sent them a check (I think for $5), wondering if I would in fact receive anything. A couple of weeks later, I received my full-color media guide and (if I recall) a wallet card of the league schedule. I kept both for several years, wish I still had it for E-Bay. My point is, I was impressed by the professionalism of the office staff and the unexpected prize. If the proposed league can take anything away from this it is that treating the fans and players correctly can go along way.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

locations

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:32 pm

League requirement for EACH season: Teams fielded in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles to
appease ESPN/network TV.

Atlantic Division
New York, NY or the Meadowlands in New Jersey (to be determined)
Osceola Outlaws (assumes Osceola Football, Inc. identity)
Marion, OH (tenant rights and logo rights purchased from the GLIFL with assumed Marion Mayhem identity, community is sold on converting from 7 man to 8 man football)
Fayetteville, NC (assumes Fayetteville Guard identity)

Pacific Division
Katy, TX (assumes Katy Copperheads identity)
Chicago, IL (to be determined)
Los Angeles, CA or Anaheim, CA (to be determined)
St. Louis, MO (assumes River City Rage identity)

Jerry,

David Dixon was NOT a millionaire. He sold his idea about the USFL by conducting presentations to potential investors in exchange for getting the option of owning one of the teams that would be initially subsidized by the league. The owners went with option 2 and bought him out. David Dixon walked away rich.

If this is your dream, go for it!
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:39 pm

ChampionOfSteel wrote:League requirement for EACH season: Teams fielded in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles to
appease ESPN/network TV.
This is the second time you've mentioned this and I could not disagree with you more.

The Arena Football League can and should be in those markets.

A league at this level will never attract the interest of ESPN. How many minor league baseball games do we see on ESPN?

A league at this level cannot and should not try to attract "national" exposure. It won't happen. Instead, just like successful minor league baseball and hockey, you create solid local markets with local media attention.

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:51 pm

COS definitely needs to take a moment to read the expansion guidelines.

http://71.18.64.56/regions.htm

Travel cost is an important issue to give the teams in the league a chance for success, IMO.

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:56 pm

I am not saying anything we do will turn out to be successful, but I do think we have a fair idea of what works and what doesn't. The what doesn't is readily available for inspection in some other leagues.

We've put together an idea and if its works, it does. If it doesn't, at least I can walk away from the sport and say I did something more than just talk about change.

Return to “NIFL”