ABA reality show coming to VH1 ...

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
The Magician
Site Admin

ABA reality show coming to VH1 ...

Post by The Magician » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Just read on an ABA Team exec's facebook post that the ABA is bringing a Reality TV show to VH1 ...

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:48 pm

[quote=""The Magician""]Just read on an ABA Team exec's facebook post that the ABA is bringing a Reality TV show to VH1 ...[/quote]
If it's true...well then, that just confirms everything I've speculated regarding VH1.

BRING BACK THE MUSIC!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:30 pm

[quote=""The Magician""]Just read on an ABA Team exec's facebook post that the ABA is bringing a Reality TV show to VH1 ...[/quote]

"Basketball Nightmares" starring Joe Newman.
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Until something actually sees airtime on a network that can be accessed by someone more than 20 feet from where ANY Newman-esque production is broadcast.....

this is a heaping pile of - well, you know......

Joe has promised games and 'reality' shows on a host of stations for years, not ONE has seen the light of day.

Expect this one to meet those lofty standards as well.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:40 am

Not really impressive, even if it's true. Technically, anyone with money could "bring a TV show of theres to a network". The reality of it is that any good programming would be brought to a network, by the network. Without the producers having to pay, or toot their own horn, in order to get it on the air in the first place.

[quote=""Minor League Man""]If it's true...well then, that just confirms everything I've speculated regarding VH1.

BRING BACK THE MUSIC! [/quote]

Oh, if only their was a "like" button for this...and maybe next, MTV could show music (with real VJ's) rather than 2 kids that weren't even born in the 80's, rolling around an apartment building, playing video games and pretending to have a life....

ABA "reality"??? 99 & 44/100% of Americans don't even know that the new ABA even exists.

Hey, maybe they found a built in sponsor.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:07 am

Who steps in front of the cameras when the team fails to make payroll?

If you all want videos like the old days of MTV and VH1, let me reccomond The Cool TV, shown locally on KSAS-DTV2 (24.2)

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:40 pm

For a league that has failed at almost every single thing they have ever attempted to accomplish............

I predict this will not ever be on tv.

For my next prediction..............the sun will rise tomorrow.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:04 am

Well, I do know for a fact that VH1 has played a music video dedicated to Joe Newman's business model...

http://youtu.be/O3WRXYYBwRA

panchess
Site Admin

Post by panchess » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:41 am

It should be on the same channel Wayne's World was on...

Return to “ABA”