Silverbacks changes

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
dragonfan
Site Admin

Silverbacks changes

Post by dragonfan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:50 am

First off im new here my name is Mark grew up in dayton live in cincy now, go to all dragons games and a few silverbacks games. I believe from talking to some friends involved in the CIFL that people will be suprised at the changes bein made in a good way. Dayton has a new G.M. who I hear a lot of good things about. They are about to hire a new coach this is a huge chance, please dont hire a retread!!!! Ive heard rumors of a couple of names the one that intrigues me the most and remember this is just a rumor but im friends with a lot of players around this area(Dayton,Cincy,NKY) is that possibly the river monster Defensive Line coach could be here. I feel that would be a very welcome change!!!!! I saw monsters play a couple of times last year and they had a GREAT Dline, very disciplined. Know a couple of the Dlineman who said he is great to play for. One is a former silverback. Hopefully we get at least a 6 team league going to miss cincy not being in the league. The CIFL is one of the oldest leagues around and my daughter loves going also, the great thing about arena football is u develop relationships with the players makes the game mean something. Went to Dayton games last year when they werent playing went to commandos and River Monsters games. Hope to go to all 3 venues again this year but my favorite is still my silverbacks even followed them when they were a travel team. Hopefully both leagues will be a succsess so stop trashing leagues and hope for the best for everybody

jimsmith
Site Admin

Post by jimsmith » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Good luck to your team, but if your happy about a dline coach being your head coach next year that may tell you about the league your in. When your two best teams jump ship and laugh while doing it this may cause me concern if I were a fan of a team in that league. Your right these games are fun, my kids love them also. when one of your hopeful teams is an owner who had an arena in northern kentucky which says thanks but no thanks, we're doing a deal with the league in which just took money out of our pocket by not allowing you to host a playoff game raises red flags in my mind about what type of owner that actually is. I guess on the other hand if you look at it for what it is and know that it's one step below semi pro then you won't be disappointed when the schedule changes mid season and teams fold in the middle of the season.

dragonfan
Site Admin

Post by dragonfan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 pm

You give a great example of what im talking about!!!! You probably work for UIFL. And yes im happy that we dont have a retread coach or an owner that thinks he can coach!!!! Im happy my league doesnt have the ownership of the UIFL which over expands and has an owner that owns the league plus multiple teams. Danville is the perfect example of a team with a retread coach. I believe the possible coach can bring players from where he was and is highly respected by the players who played for him, sorry but i agree to disagree with you. dont know what happened with NKY and dont really care.

jimsmith
Site Admin

Post by jimsmith » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Wow you hit the nail on the head I do work for the UIFL, can you call them and ask them to send me a check because I haven't got one yet. I wish I did.. You may want to pick your battles on league ownership because you can't win that argument with any league in the country where the owner of the league doesn't work out of his basement of his house. I invite you to read an article that I noticed on the UIFL site where one of the team owners of a team that left your league said it's nice to be in a league that requires you to apply to join as opposed to the league that I left that begs you to play in it's league... Something to that affect anyway. Need I say more...... On the coaches to each his own if your happy with a position coach of a league being your savior then more power to you. For the Record I hope every league is successful, there are far more players who want to play than places to play. look at how many players pay to play on outdoor semipro teams, this is similar but indoors.

monstermania
Site Admin

Post by monstermania » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Sorry about the accusation. To say this is below semi pro is crazy, look what happened to Indys semi pro team in this league. As for the coach I know a couple River Monster players who said dont be suprised if he gets the job that he brings a few monsters with him, which would be HUGE!!!! He was an excellent offensive coordinator in the past also, which was silverbacks problem. The Commandos dominated because of paying players extra, we will see how sucsessful they are in the UIFL where there reputation will proceed them. I would say CIFL succsess depends on the quality of owners they bring in, same can be said for UIFL but i doubt any league that has an owner that names himself the head coach(Florida) and still has ownership in other teams(Canton) thats a huge conflict of intrest! Both leagues have there drawbacks hopefuuly they all succsed.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Major problem I see facing the CIFL is completing a schedule as advertised. This very well could be the most unstable year yet for the league. Not a knock, just an observation.

Sonofanump
Site Admin

Post by Sonofanump » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:29 pm

If they get one more team they will be better off for scheduling. Now the quality will be less with Cincy and Marion gone. But they will have six home teams and a better owner in Port Huron that won't quit halfwy thru.

monstermania
Site Admin

Post by monstermania » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:48 pm

And hopefully no more travel teams, I believe that ownership and coaching is where CIFL can actually be better than the UIFL.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:18 pm

By now, I would've thought that the N. Kentucky RiverMonsters jump ship the CIFL by now. What's the holdup? Does this franchise still exist?
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:02 pm

[quote=""monstermania""]And hopefully no more travel teams, I believe that ownership and coaching is where CIFL can actually be better than the UIFL.[/quote]

They have a little ways to go on that front, especially when they lose their best organizations to other leagues year after year.
What are you doing here?

Return to “CIFL”