Consistency (or lack thereof)

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Consistency (or lack thereof)

Post by Minor League Man » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:19 pm

I saw the article in the newspapers where the AFL wants to have Laredo's SIFL team "cease and desist" use of the Rattlers nickname and logos. Personally, I agree with their decision to protect AFL brands.

However, my question is why did they not feel it important to protect the following other AFL brands:

Tampa Bay Storm (Sioux Falls Storm of the IFL)
Georgia Force (Fayetteville Force of the SIFL)
Orlando Predators (Kent Predators of the IFL, now Seattle Timberwolves)

What does the Arizona Rattlers bring that the Tampa Bay Storm (and Orlando Predators) don't?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

LewInDenver
Site Admin

Post by LewInDenver » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Great question
OUT

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Logo's I understand, but has long been known names not regarded the same in branding as logos. Without comparing is the Laredo logo close to or exactly the same as the Arizona club?

NatePreds05
Site Admin

Post by NatePreds05 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:05 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]Logo's I understand, but has long been known names not regarded the same in branding as logos. Without comparing is the Laredo logo close to or exactly the same as the Arizona club?[/quote]

Laredo's logo and color scheme was very close to Arizona's. That is why the AFL sent the cease and desist letter. Now Dittman has fixed it and they are the Laredo Rattlesnakes with a completely different logo and color scheme.

As for the others:
Tampa Bay Storm (Sioux Falls Storm of the IFL) - Sioux Falls Storm has completely different color scheme and logo
Georgia Force (Fayetteville Force of the SIFL) - Same story, different color scheme and logo
Orlando Predators (Kent Predators of the IFL, now Seattle Timberwolves) - This comparison is weak. Kent Predators were always a wolf and their colors do not even compare.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Not even close to the same

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:16 pm

[QUOTE=NatePreds05;156672]Laredo's logo and color scheme was very close to Arizona's. That is why the AFL sent the cease and desist letter. Now Dittman has fixed it and they are the Laredo Rattlesnakes with a completely different logo and color scheme.
QUOTE]
:confused:

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Yep real close, almost identical in every way lol. I am surprised Dittman folded so quick as obviously the AFL had little to stand on, but thinking as cheap as dear ol Chad is, cheaper to pay his graphic artist to change it than his attorney to fight it.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:05 pm

I believe his is only going to change the Rattlers on the logo to Rattlesnakes. He said he is keeping the helmet logo.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”