Not the real Phantoms in Fayetteville

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Sun May 28, 2006 4:28 am

I really hope this doesn't get out of hand. If the Guard's season was affected by this, I'd be devastated, and a lot of other people would be, too. Man, I'd hate that.

Piehole 1
Site Admin

Post by Piehole 1 » Sun May 28, 2006 4:42 am

goguard88 wrote:I really hope this doesn't get out of hand. If the Guard's season was affected by this, I'd be devastated, and a lot of other people would be, too. Man, I'd hate that.
I don't know how this couldn't affect the Guard season. The credibility the Guard was trying to establish with the fans took a huge hit with the negativity this incident has created.

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Sun May 28, 2006 4:56 am

Piehole 1 wrote:I don't know how this couldn't affect the Guard season. The credibility the Guard was trying to establish with the fans took a huge hit with the negativity this incident has created.

At this point...this isn't the guard's problem! Again, this is a problem within the LEAGUE. Let them deal with it...Guard Fans, SUPPORT YOUR FREAKING TEAM!!!!

the biggest PROBLEM in Fayetteville is that their news actually covers their team...who would have ever thought that a HIGH CLASS ORGANIZATION would have this problem????

Of all of the teams that I have worked with in the past...or present...Fayetteville is one of the best. Mike Lind lied to me in the past so, I'm not going to hold much stock in what he has to say at this point. :( I thought that he was a pretty stand up guy....but I guess I was wrong.

Hopefully he is a good guy and everything with this gets figured out.

PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Sun May 28, 2006 5:32 am

Well Guard fans...wanna come back to the af2 as the Wildcats?

ronaldoswalt
Site Admin

copperheads

Post by ronaldoswalt » Sun May 28, 2006 5:36 am

i am ready for af2 but is our 6000 arena big enough

Malepig
Site Admin

Post by Malepig » Sun May 28, 2006 9:59 am

Copperheadfan you are too close to Houston.

Anyway phantom at least you tried to do what's right with the away games all year. You didn't have to go this far and you did. It was uphill day one for you and most would not have started the season. Enjoy your lawsuits and be happy. Besides get your finances straight and have an af2 team in WPB, its far enough from Miami.

phantom1
Site Admin

For the Record regarding phantoms.

Post by phantom1 » Sun May 28, 2006 11:33 am

We never tried to stop the game. We want our equipment back. The NIFL or any other party does not have permission to use the equipment. The equipment is stolen. Mike Lind ownes the equipment and leased it to the phantoms. Therefore the league has no business stating other wise. If the leauge took over this team why is there nothing on the website in reference to this take over? Because its another front to this mickey mouse BS!!! We had enough and we cut our loses. Bad guy? no way. All the truth about this game is about to come out. I will tell you the truth not want you want to hear. Mr. Jackson stated to the press that I tried to stop the game which is a lie. The guard is on the hook now. Stupid Stupid Stupid. All because of greed. Now was this a real game. I talked to the league at 11:00 before the game and informed them that my equipment was stolen and that the Phantoms name was not to be used. Carolyn stated that a replacment team from Greensboro was playing the game and not with my equipment or my name. Now she told the press that the NIFL took over the team and that they have a agreement with each franchise on using the equipment to finish a season. Well why did the story change? This equipment is not owned by the Phantoms but by Mike Lind and leased to the Phantoms. Alot of shady stuff going on and there is more to this story that will come out later. Point blank the leauge and the guard can say what they want a Judge in Broward County Florida will have the last say so Bank on That. THE EQUIPMENT IS STOLEN AND THE LEAGUE WAS PUT ON NOTICE. The phantoms ended its season last Monday. The league never contacted ownership to take the team over and finish the season.

fred1965
Site Admin

Mike Lind vs. Carolyn Shiver

Post by fred1965 » Sun May 28, 2006 1:03 pm

Would make the best PPV in indoor football history....

Thing is, you wouldn't root for a winner, just for a lot of damage to both.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Wpb "who"

Post by GTDREW » Sun May 28, 2006 1:55 pm

Phantom1,
It appears to me that you guys were doomed from the get go on trying to get a team down there. First you had a leadership problem, or should I say a lack of. I think while sitting on the beach drinking a cold beverage someone came up with the idea of trying to own a professional team. The idea was possibly good but while under the influence they forgot or did not realize it is an indoor game. Then the concept of we have to pay players, support staff, etc., and also will have to travel distances of up to several hundred miles to play other teams. This too creates some cost of existance and we have to have funds for that. Bottom line is, this can get expensive and if that person does not have their ducks in a row we will fold prior to the first kickoff. The leadership your team had failed not only the people and fans of WPB but everyone in the league.
All of the *****ing and moaning about what did or did not happen is not going to help WPB's situation. Some views on here show how unhappy some have been with the league office and some owners of certain teams. But in the end it's still entertainment and not a life or death situation. At first when I heard you guys were at least going to make the schedule I thought now that's a stand up team that deserves a lot of respect. I still respect the players as they have little control over team operations but not anyone else. If anything the fans of WPB Phantoms, or my new name the WPB Ghostriders, hope not to offend anyone with any other Ghostrider name, should thank the players and staff that played the game in Fayetteville last night. They tried to give you and the rest some respect as a person by giving the fans an expected game.
Greed I don't think so here, being a man and standing by your word is what happened at the Guard last night. Mr. King and his staff did what they did not for the money but to provide a service to the people and fans of the Fayetteville area. Stolen equipment, not sure on that one, if you or someone else was to be in charge of it would it not have been noticed missing before now and why are we hearing it on here. Your team folding, you betcha, or so it seems, and for me that's great, you should have never been allowed in the league without an arena to play in. But again, no fans on here including you said anything about that until now. One last word, a wise man once said " I would rather a man steal from me than lie to me, he obviously needed the money more than I, but to lie to me is a concept with previously concieved deception." Think about how you and yours have lied to the people of WPB Fla and to fans of the NIFL as a whole.

fred1965
Site Admin

Good post GTDREW

Post by fred1965 » Sun May 28, 2006 2:23 pm

Well said.

Return to “NIFL”