Fayetteville Folds

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
coachingubigr
Site Admin

Fayetteville Folds

Post by coachingubigr » Fri May 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Just got a facebook message from a member of the Raiders. Fayetteville Force has packed it in.

insert sad trombone sound

Third SIFL team this season

The TRUTH
Site Admin

what no buyer on eBay

Post by The TRUTH » Fri May 13, 2011 6:58 pm

[quote=""coachingubigr""]Just got a facebook message from a member of the Raiders. Fayetteville Force has packed it in.

insert sad trombone sound

Third SIFL team this season[/quote]

Guess they didn't find a buyer on eBay... looks like those diecast cars may be a better investment afterall... just a guess.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Fri May 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Wa, Wa, Wa.....if this is true, what was Bondo thinking? Sports agent, attorney, Didnt he learn anything from John Morris, i mean his failure with simmilar situation. Hey, looks like that price on ebay gonna get a whole lot cheaper now. Guy should have just came in a s owner of Trenton. They seem to be comming around. Shame he listened to that DB in the first palce. League and two teams. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... more than likely it is a duck. Get my drift.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri May 13, 2011 7:21 pm

This may not be done yet. Seeking some clarification right now.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Fri May 13, 2011 7:22 pm

My source is now saying housing for Force players has been revoked and the team will be a 'travel only' team. That sucks for anyone that purchased Force season tickets.

Easy forfeit win for Richmond

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Fri May 13, 2011 7:27 pm

It would not be the SIFL if 1/3 of the teams it started with, folds during the season.

This could be a way of evening out the forfiet wins between the east and west. If the next domino falls, then it will be even steven
Changes.... they are a coming......

SugarBear
Site Admin

Post by SugarBear » Fri May 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Please correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the victories of the other folded teams taken away and awarded to their opponents? I believe it's in another post somewhere. If that is the case, then Trenton would then be 6-2 right now (they lost to Fayetteville earlier this season) and tied with Erie for 1st place. So tonight's game would actually be for true 1st place in the East. However, based on the post above, if Fayetteville becomes a "travel team" only, technically they will not have to forfeit their existing victories. Just curious and waiting to see how things transpire.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri May 13, 2011 9:09 pm

The Force apparently held a meeting last night to discuss the presumably dire situation. I am told no locals have stepped forward to invest in the team, and John Morris may be in the mix for helping Fayetteville get through the season, though they don't know if that means they'll play their final home game, or any of the road games for that matter. Right now, I don't think anything's set in stone.

This is the first of the SIFL team failings that has befallen the North/former AIFA portion of the league. This brings up a few questions. First, how secure is Trenton which Bondarowicz also owns? Second, is this a tacit admission that the league's ambition to become the next af2 is officially dead, and Bondarowicz just didn't want to throw any more good money after bad? Are any other franchise's on the ropes? Where does the SIFL go from here?

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Fri May 13, 2011 9:31 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Where does the SIFL go from here?[/quote]

Perhaps one idea?

The TRUTH
Site Admin

East West

Post by The TRUTH » Fri May 13, 2011 9:33 pm

[quote=""preeths""]The Force apparently held a meeting last night to discuss the presumably dire situation. I am told no locals have stepped forward to invest in the team, and John Morris may be in the mix for helping Fayetteville get through the season, though they don't know if that means they'll play their final home game, or any of the road games for that matter. Right now, I don't think anything's set in stone.

This is the first of the SIFL team failings that has befallen the North/former AIFA portion of the league. This brings up a few questions. First, how secure is Trenton which Bondarowicz also owns? Second, is this a tacit admission that the league's ambition to become the next af2 is officially dead, and Bondarowicz just didn't want to throw any more good money after bad? Are any other franchise's on the ropes? Where does the SIFL go from here?[/quote]

Does anyone know how the SIFL is dividing EAST from WEST?
They have 5 divisions listed on the website. Are the top 3 east and bottom two west? Seems odd.

Anyone, please.

Return to “SIFL”