Don't Count the Phantoms Out!!

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
herb1
Site Admin

Getting to that game

Post by herb1 » Thu May 18, 2006 3:18 pm

Its one thing to have your own players drive to a game 2 hrs away but 10 hrs and over 565 miles. No Buses or Planes available they all had basketball games played with their checks. BBBBbounce.... :mad:

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Thu May 18, 2006 3:23 pm

What in the heck are you talking about dude?
GO FORCE and ICE

outlaw1
Site Admin

uh oh!!

Post by outlaw1 » Thu May 18, 2006 3:28 pm

Maybe that's an inside source from WP. Asking a team to drive to NC on their own would be ridiculous, but until confirmed, I'll reserve judgement. The Guards house is unlike many. Fun place to play, tough place to win from what I hear.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Thu May 18, 2006 11:51 pm

Herb sounds as if he/she is smoking something other than Marlboro's. Not sure where that comment came from but like outlaw1 said better wait and see.

jimbo32712
Site Admin

your kidding right?

Post by jimbo32712 » Fri May 19, 2006 12:43 am

You all had no business winning that game...You know it ..I know it...Everyone knows it.... Bad calls, bad luck, and a few bad plays made the difference...Oh yeah I forgot...Both defensive ends out...At least one wide out , a db...I know someone else as well... This wasnt Osceola as you will see it...So dont get too excited too fast ... Even with all of that.. We STILL should have one..It took one helluva an effort by your kicker to give you the win first..and second if our coach called the time out on 4th and 1 about 15 seconds later...game over thanks for coming... I feel bad for Coach SMith for that one too...He was beating himself up for that from the minute he called it..It happens...Hes made more than a few great calls this year as well...You just dont hear about those.
Anyhow solid effort PAlm Beach...You should be proud...You showed alot of guts and had every reason to just mail it in in the 3rd quarter but you didnt...Just dont think you are a contender just yet... Youve got a long way to go..I would start by trying to find a home to play in that whole tennis center thing was a total joke... I hope you all were taking notes when you were in Osceola.. Note we had a good playing surface, 2 goal posts, padded walls, The best announcer in the league hands down, harleys during the intro, the best sound effects and music guy in the league hands down, video intros, a great national anthem singer...etc etc... Thats how you do it... Looking foward to seeing what you all come up with... Tennis anyone?

kristin411
Site Admin

Post by kristin411 » Fri May 19, 2006 1:39 am

From what I have heard/been told Palm Beach will be bussing it to Fayetteville (not sure if they will be leaving tonight or tomorrow night but they will be there well before 7 PM Saturday night). Nobody is making anyone drive themselves. I dont know where the story about players "having" to drive themselves to Osceola even came from,, I know a couple of them did drive there but from what I understand it was their own choice, some rode together,, that they decided to do so since it isn't very far and so they could go out after the game or whatever. I know one (my boyfriend) has family and friends there that he wanted to stay and spend a little time with after the game and the next day. I'll have to find out what happened with the checks bouncing,, that may be true. I am pretty sure no one has walked out or quit the team though so it might have already been taken care of. Hoping for a good game Saturday (and the week after) in Fayetteville. My loyalty is with Palm Beach but the Guard is certainly due thier props (means respect for those of you who don't "speak jive"). I will leave all the trash talking bs to those of you who do it so well!

jimbo32712
Site Admin

No bus gus

Post by jimbo32712 » Fri May 19, 2006 1:45 am

I was there...They all drove themselves...Or carpooled..Nice move stopping at the Hess on the way back home by the way with all the 12 packs of bud light.. Glad i wasnt going South on the turnpike with all those drunks...

kristin411
Site Admin

Post by kristin411 » Fri May 19, 2006 2:34 am

Ok, well I'll go with that,, very possible that they drove there all together, I dont think any of them had any complaints about it though,,haven't heard about any at least. A bunch of them actually took a road trip up there once before to watch you guys play (Lakeland I think) on one of their off weekends. As for them picking up the beer on the way home, that does sound like something some of them would (they are football players after all,,not Sunday school teachers) do but don't act like none of the Osceola players went out after the game (drinking,,and driving). Osceola players aren't all angels. My guy played there last year with a lot of the Kissimmee guys,, I know the post game routine (it usually started at a place called "Froggers" last year). I do know some of the Phantoms stayed in Orlando,, not all of them drove home that night. Reguardless,, I am pretty sure they won't have to drive themselves to Fayetteville. Osceola is having a great season this year,,even though my loyalties are with PB, it's nice to see after all the crap that happened last year with the Kissimmee team. Good luck to ya.

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Fri May 19, 2006 7:08 pm

Jimbo. Just face it your team lost no matter waht. Dude the players like to drive just like 99.9% of the fans. Not the smartest thing to be drinking and driving but hey thats on them
GO FORCE and ICE

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Fri May 19, 2006 9:15 pm

I don't think anyone is counting out WPB, but they aren't counting on them much either. I am not saying to take them lightly but the record shows how they can be. Which team shows up is what matters. I have not done the math but I think if and I mean IF they should win all the games left and should other teams lose, they might make the playoffs. But that is a tall hill to climb. Hope to see some of your fans at the game, by the way, Osceola had some at their game at the Crown. Good luck.

Return to “NIFL”