NAL will not haapen, GBL will go with 8

The North Amerian League (NAL) forum
riverrider35
Site Admin

NAL will not haapen, GBL will go with 8

Post by riverrider35 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:08 pm

The NAL will cut fold as the GBL is coming thru with a new lease in Chico, and new stadium in OC. The GBL will go with 8 this year, Calgary, Edmonton, Chico, OC, Yuma, TJ, Hawaii, and the wild card is Henderson NV, where they are negotiating a lease at CCSN where Bryce Harper played after they could not work anything out with Palm Springs.
As for the Northern its done as the 3 remaining teams have tons of questions one might slide into the Frontier to take Kalamazoo place
As for the United they are done and San Angelo and Pecos will begin talks, Rio Grande and Edignburgh to follow.
SO No nal, Gbl will go with 8 and shoot for 10 next year when Portland can be worked out and another location, Northern done one team takes final piece in Frontierr, and United done San Angelo to new Pecos other 2 possible.
I have all this info from heads of the GBL Pecos and Frontier I know personally and talked to. That being said with the direct info and research Indy ball this can all change in a day.

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:38 am

That being said with the direct info and research Indy ball this can all change in a day.

In other words, all that was made up. :-)
Portland can be worked out
Portland has no adequate ballpark or they would have moved in this year.
new stadium in OC
No chance OC builds a new stadium for a GL team, with their attendance and league history. With the political and economic climate in SoCal, IF there is a stadium to be built that involved public money, it would be for an affiliated team with an actual chance to return something to the community financially. They are already struggling to get the AAA stadium built in a rich Escondido, and the Chico A-Ball stadium will be built but has been a major project. No way they commit a stadium for the GL.
Yuma, TJ, Hawaii
As they say on ESPN... "Come on, man."

Interesting though that the Chico lease was signed, I guess the city won't have their Cal League ballpark built in time for this season.
Last edited by smallballfan on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:59 am

Is the new Chico ballpark talk supposed to be sarcasm, or is there actually an effort?

Usually, those things get massively publicized and are easy to google. Here, apparently not. Skeptical.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

AZdev
Site Admin

Post by AZdev » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Yah, I wasn't aware that a new Chico stadium is in the works. No evidence of this. I know they want A ball at some point..They should go after the Bakersfield franchise.
Concerning the NAL at least Tijuana is finally out of the mix!! Henderson might work for a short while. I am sure there will be more changes soon!

logoguru
Site Admin

Post by logoguru » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 pm

It's CSN now and has been for a while. They have a few 4 year degree programs. They had good baseball teams long before Harper and will have them long after. I still wonder if that campus has a field. Also, old Henderson is a dump (crime, etc.) They should play in a more well to do populated area like Green Valley. I don't think I would drive there instead of to a 51's game.
________
MARIJUANA CARD
Last edited by logoguru on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bonhomme2010
Site Admin

Post by Bonhomme2010 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:55 am

In case you haven't noticed, the NAL no longer has a website. That in itself says a lot about the outcome!

FlyerFan
Site Admin

Post by FlyerFan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Bonhomme2010...

http://northamericanleague.pointstreaks ... can-league

I don't know where you were looking, but the website is still there...

jhchristas
Site Admin

Post by jhchristas » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:37 pm

So is the NAL still a league?

nlfan
Site Admin

Post by nlfan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Never confuse technical difficulties with a website as a sign of anything more than that. Most teams and leagues have no one on their staff who can handle these sorts of problems --if they're aware of them or not.

Whatever the problem was it was with PointStreak, not the NABL.

The NABL's problems currently revolve around the lease in Schaumburg, the Flyers battles to get a lease (currently extended another month to allow the chance to sell the franchise) and the REVOCATION of their registration by the state of IL (apparently making it a misdemeanor for them to business).
aabfan.com: covering the American Association from its very start in 2006
nlfan.com & nlfan forums: covering the Northern League online since 1996.

stg2010 front office
Site Admin

Post by stg2010 front office » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:45 pm

agree with nifan.

the NAL pointstreak site is up and is pretty darned nice. easy to navigate. beats the heck out of the old GBL site, which was lame, at best.

now, if the league can be as successful as their website we'll be lovin' life.

Return to “NAL”