Jerry Hewitt( Phantoms one of the Worst?)

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
fred1965
Site Admin

Will it ever end?

Post by fred1965 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:26 pm

We gave Mr. Lind the credit for sticking it out this season, but when an owner of a professional football team uses that kind of language in a public forum? What does that say?

Malepig
Site Admin

Post by Malepig » Mon May 15, 2006 8:31 pm

I was really hoping and was going to see the game on the tennis court. But if this Phantom is him then I will give him kudos for coming on here. I will give him credit for riding out this fiasco for this year. However there is no excuse for not having a venue in place before the team announcement was made. I can say dealing with the expo center is hard(I tried to book an event there once and ended up in Davie instead) but there should always be an agreement before making a team announcement.

phantom1
Site Admin

Post by phantom1 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:49 pm

Fred1965: It says that I will tell you how it is not what you want to hear. You made comments about my team and I said what I said. Don't take it personal I work to hard to hear the crap I hear about this team that is untrue. I apologize to you and others, but I will defend this team no matter what. I have a dirty mouth sorry. Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Mike Lind -Team Owner
Palm Beach Phantoms
Last edited by phantom1 on Mon May 15, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon May 15, 2006 9:02 pm

Unfortunately, one of the big black eyes suffered by the NIFL this season has been the Palm Beach team. Not the players and coaches, but the organization as a whole. Cancelling all the PB home games AFTER the schedule was announced is going to earn you a fair share of criticism. Doing so after scheduling all home dates at an outdoor tennis center is going to bring even more. The problems were compounded by the fact that the team did not return at least some phone calls regarding the situation and didn't do nearly enough to inform NIFL fans what was going on, especially during the first cancellation. Like it or not, it has all the appearance of a mess, and most observers are going to call it that way.

fred1965
Site Admin

It can also say...

Post by fred1965 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:07 pm

that an owner of an indoor football team that has lost four of its five games and does not have a home venue uses improper comments in a public forum that had to be deleted because it was offensive.

It's not a matter of what I want to hear, sir. It is a matter of what you are saying and how you say it and its the proper way to communicate in public.

Would you use those comments around a family with children attending one of your home games if you had a home game?

ronaldoswalt
Site Admin

Wpb

Post by ronaldoswalt » Mon May 15, 2006 9:13 pm

at least they are trying more than i can say for some teams -- just take a trip to monroe --- this facility is terrible ---

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Mon May 15, 2006 9:16 pm

He apologized.

I agree with Paul, on the other hand, although this is way late it is refreshing to finally hear the other side. There is the appearance that, other than not having a homefield, this team is battling on. While the record doesn't show it, still a competitive bunch.

I'm glad to see it, just hope you can build a thick skin, phantom1.

Thanks for finally giving us a little news about the Phantoms, and good luck in the future.

The NIFL has had a lot of well deserved black eyes this year. There are many good stories out there, as well. I like to see the record set straight, even when the situation still isn't perfect.

fred1965
Site Admin

FWP is right.

Post by fred1965 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:24 pm

You know, Mr. Lind did apologize. And the Phantoms are still playing.

So he deserves our respect in some sense, and also a smack upside the head from his mother for his mouth.

Win some, lose some.

I love this game.

LewInDenver
Site Admin

Post by LewInDenver » Mon May 15, 2006 11:53 pm

I would like to thank Mr. Lind for sacking up and bringing it to the people who love the sport. We may not agree with the way its been done in WPB, but at least his team is still playing. I think the NIFL as the parent organization is at fault for letting him in that late. No way it should of happened this way but it goes to show what some organizations will do to cash your check. I have owned a franchise company and the amount of disclosure issues you need to go through is unbelievable. I think Mr Lind has to have issues with them for setting him up to fail. I have one question for Mr Lind, could you share with us what the home jerseys would have looked like since we wont get to see them this year.

LewInDenver

President
Club Crush
The Official Booster Club of the World Champion Colorado Crush.

http://www.clubcrush.org

http://www.electricarenafootball.com
Last edited by LewInDenver on Tue May 16, 2006 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
OUT

tooterty109
Site Admin

Palm Beach Phantoms

Post by tooterty109 » Tue May 16, 2006 1:44 am

fred1965 wrote:You know, Mr. Lind did apologize. And the Phantoms are still playing.

So he deserves our respect in some sense, and also a smack upside the head from his mother for his mouth.

Win some, lose some.

I love this game.

I can't do that to my son , he is taller then me and I don't think he will bend down so I can smack him. He is a good person ,his father taught him to tell it like it is.

MIKES MOM

Return to “NIFL”