Daily Buzz (ed)??????

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
fred1965
Site Admin

Assume

Post by fred1965 » Mon May 15, 2006 3:49 pm

and we know what happens when you assume something....

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Mon May 15, 2006 4:01 pm

fred1965 wrote:and we know what happens when you assume something....
Ouch, now that hurt.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Mon May 15, 2006 4:56 pm

fred1965 wrote:and we know what happens when you assume something....
You get beat by a team that shouldn't even exist at this point? (Actually I think that adds some credibility to the "some players quit" argument.)
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Mon May 15, 2006 5:17 pm

Lets try to get this straight. I never said, nor was I told that any players have left the Osceola team due to a lost money as a result of cancelled games. What I did say was some, acoording to my source, were making calls to other teams in other leagues where they might be more guarenteed games would be played.

Jaxen
Site Admin

The FACTS in Osceola

Post by Jaxen » Mon May 15, 2006 6:58 pm

Let's deal in facts, things I saw and things that were told to me at Saturday's game ...

1. Yes, the Phantoms won the ballgame fair and square (kinda, see my last note). Osceola was in control the whole first half, were up 35-17 and driving in the 3rd quarter, and then committed turnovers on 4 of their next 5 possessions. Ain't no team, no league, no sport, no level gonna win doing that.

2. Can't confirm/deny that other owners have contacted Osceola players, but none of them have left because they didn't get paid after weeks with no game. Osceola's D-line is decimated by injuries. One player isn't around because of personal issues, but ZERO players are on other teams because of this issue. I talked to Coach Smith and two other players after the game and they confirmed that they have received 9 game checks despite playing only 7 games.

3. Coach Smith is a college friend of mine from UCF so I hear things ... that I'd only share for my reasons. He feeds me stuff that I won't get anywhere else. Nobody's leaving.

4. This killed me late in the 3rd quarter ... Osceola coach says something to the ref after a WPB PAT, gets called for an unsportsmanlike, 10-yard penalty "assessed after the kickoff". I was watching from a field box and leaned in to ask an official, "What if he returns the kick for a touchdown? How do they assess the penalty?" He ignored me but just in case I told a couple people with me to ignore the kick return guy and pick a blocker to watch. Returner goes maybe 10 yards, line judge throws a flag, then suddenly two other refs throw flags. Player announced for the penalty (illegal block) put his hands on a guy's arms, which isn't illegal last time I checked. So that's how they assess a penalty after a kickoff ... call another bogus penalty so they have somewhere to mark the 1st penalty from. (Went from ball in Phantom territory to the Osceola 6, then the Football promptly fumbled.)

Sorry to hijack my own thread, but that felt good.
http://www.aroundosceola.com
your home for news on the Osceola Outlaws

outlaw1
Site Admin

And the truth shall set you fee

Post by outlaw1 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:23 pm

Excuses are not in my book, but boy oh boy, did Osceola hand this one to WP. No way on the Good Lords green earth would WP have been in this one without those turnovers. And another GREAT pioint. D-line is all but gone due to injuries. So thank you Jaxen for setting it straight. At least you saw the game the way we all saw it. Warning, people are beginning to ruffle the feathers of players and coaches...Not a good idea to waken the sleeping Osceola GIANT.

Return to “NIFL”