Jerry Hewitt Credibility?

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
phantom1
Site Admin

Post by phantom1 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:57 pm

Do you know what you are talking about? You got your as_ beat piont blank. Blow out my as_!! How many of your players played last year. If you look at the stats most of the guys that produced didn't play for the morays. Only two of our players are new. We had players hurt too. I didn't state that if we had all of our starters that we would have wiped your team. Stop crying and move on you lost.

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Mon May 15, 2006 2:28 pm

Jerry's credibility is quite high, but as I've told him over on his site at http://www.indoorbowl.com, I thought he missed on this rumor about the "other" Outlaws.

All signs I see are that Osceola has a first class operation. It has to be especially refreshing after last years CSM induced nightmare in that area.

Of course, if there are disgruntled players trying to get a bad word out there, and with all that's gone on with the indoor football world this year, it does make you wonder. I have no doubt that he was given such info.

Keep up the good work, hope all things go well for the Osceola Football franchise!

thorgsd
Site Admin

Time to change your filter

Post by thorgsd » Mon May 15, 2006 2:42 pm

MarshalsFAN80 wrote:Hopefully, I will actually hear back from you and this won't just be a one time post from someone who got his feelings hurt online. If you make the trip with the team to Cincinnati in June, be sure to introduce yourself to me. I'll be behind the fan club booth!

MarshalsFAN80
You're way past your 3000 post reading deadline, good buddy and it's time to change your filter. You read a statement of fact sent to correct misconceptions on this site and perceived the statement to be a reflection of "Hurt feelings". It was, in fact an owner conducting business, looking out for his team. As to the last part of your quote..."If you make the trip with the team to Cincinnati in June,"... not only will he be in attendance, he will have ridden the bus with the players to show his support.

fred1965
Site Admin

Owners Trash Talking On Message Boards.

Post by fred1965 » Mon May 15, 2006 2:46 pm

I love this game.

outlaw1
Site Admin

Real Professional

Post by outlaw1 » Mon May 15, 2006 3:11 pm

I would expect nothing less from an owner but to curse on the forum. What a class act. We know about your new players. Half of Osceola played against them. You beat no ones %#@ as you so kindly put it. Last second field goal is a #$% kicking? Maybe in your little world, but not in reality. We have moved on, and we will keep moving on, to the playoffs that is. Need tickets?

thorgsd
Site Admin

Post by thorgsd » Mon May 15, 2006 3:22 pm

PIONEERSFAN101 wrote:Are you sure you havent lost some players? I mean a loss to the Phantoms? :)

But seriously, I like Osceola so far...Keep doing it right guys.
Yep...we got beat! But let me say this about that....that "L" on our record did a better job of knocking the rust off our game than a gallon of "Zud" on my outhouse plumbing. Nothing more effective than having to show a little humility. I expect a much different outcome next week. Go O!

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Mon May 15, 2006 3:33 pm

Lets all set the record straight. There are always two sides to every story, doesn't mean one of them is always wrong either, it's a perspective thing.

I do feel fans should be fans and GM's and owners be what they are. Sometimes debating issues together on message boards can be good and at other times a huge mistake.

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

Professional???

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Mon May 15, 2006 3:37 pm

thorgsd wrote:You're way past your 3000 post reading deadline, good buddy and it's time to change your filter. You read a statement of fact sent to correct misconceptions on this site and perceived the statement to be a reflection of "Hurt feelings". It was, in fact an owner conducting business, looking out for his team. As to the last part of your quote..."If you make the trip with the team to Cincinnati in June,"... not only will he be in attendance, he will have ridden the bus with the players to show his support.
I'm hopeful that he will be in attendance! I would like to get to meet other members of the league.

BUSINESS shouldn't be conducted on a FORUM! This is just a place for people to BS about whatever they want to talk about. Reality is that if he had a problem with Jerry Hewitt then he should address him! :evil:
You don't come post BUSINESS on a public forum. There was no reason that it should have been posted here. PROFESSIONALS should not handle their business in this manner especially considering the fact that there are other ways to get ahold of Mr. Hewitt. He responds to e-mails in a very quick and professional manner as a matter of fact.

http://www.indoorbowl.com is a FAN SITE! IT SAYS THAT! Just because he uses the logos of different teams doesn't make him wrong or right on ANY LEVEL! While he might have made a mistake in this case, the FOOTBALL CLUB should take care of business without posting it on a public forum.

*I noticed that he hasn't been back to talk about anything else*

and it looks as though JERRY has a little response on the BUZZ that could be related
Jerry Hewitt on his DAILY BUZZ wrote: Do I need a lawyer?

Seems like some take offense to some things I've said in the Buzz lately. If so, ok, sorry your skin isn't thicker, sorry you take a simple piece of print and read far more into it than what is actually said, sorry you feel I'm such a threat to your organization that you have to take time from your busy day to tell the world how wrong I am on a message board. Sorry, sorry sorry. Oh, by the way, I stand by what I have said or more to the point, stand by what my sources have told me. Now I'm going to get on with my day and maybe those who have other things to do should as well.
Last edited by MarshalsFAN80 on Mon May 15, 2006 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocky
Site Admin

Post by Rocky » Mon May 15, 2006 3:39 pm

I've followed indoor football since the IFL landed in Rapid City. I've seen come, and go, the IFL, the NIFL, the UIF, and back to the NIFL. I've seen my home town flirt with the IPFL, the af2, and (I think...) the original AIFL.

I've bought season tickets for my family, called games on the radio, wrote newspaper articles about the team/league, travelled on my dime to see the team play, got to know owners/staff/players, and loved being a fan first.

But, in all that time, the NIFL has continued to amaze me. In a negative way. CS is still in charge? HP Patterson is brought in to muck up *my* team? After his Cinnci and Miami failures?

Some teams might be fine. Some aspects of the league might be fine. But, taken as a whole, the NIFL has LOW credibility. Respect is earned, actions speak louder than words, etc etc etc.

Jerry has far more credibility than the NIFL does. Period.
Q. What is the fastest way to become a millionare?
A. Be a multi-millionare and buy a minor league sports franchies.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Mon May 15, 2006 4:11 pm

ChampionOfSteel wrote:=====================================================
Osceola, FL (4-3)
=====================================================
Points For : 344
Points Against: 210
=====================================================
03/09/2006 Greensboro, NC W 43-0
03/19/2006 Florida W 42-14
04/01/2006 Fayetteville, NC L 55-58
04/15/2006 Charleston, SC W 40-29
04/22/2006 at Fayetteville, NC L 51-54
04/28/2006 Montgomery, AL W 72-12
05/13/2006 Palm Beach, FL L 41-43

Can I get the GM of the Osceola team to comment on where 6 wins came from?

I got you guys at 4-3.
N(ational) I(nsufficiently) F(unded) L(eague)

Still waiting for a response from the GM guy for Osceola....

Do these games count as 2-0 forfeits or is it like last year, 6-0 for each game forfeited?

Why the secrecy? How come there isn't a special writeup on the league's website stating this ruling on the forfeited wins?

Either way, the Points for/Points against data is incorrect for virtually every team listed in the standings again this year.

Bush league.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Mon May 15, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Return to “NIFL”