Jerry Hewitt( Phantoms one of the Worst?)

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
phantom1
Site Admin

Jerry Hewitt( Phantoms one of the Worst?)

Post by phantom1 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:15 pm

Dear Mr: Jerry Hewitt:

How do you figure that the Phantoms are one of the worst teams in the NIFL? Our record? If you ask the teams that we have played I think that you would take that statement back. This team has had its share of problems being a new team and at no time did we have players not wanting to be here. We are a very strong team that has pulled together to save this season. I will tell you this we are going to Fayetteville to play hard core football and expect to win. If you look at our talent you would agree that we really should be 4-0 right now. We are learning this game every day and its getting better as we go. Anytime you want the truth about the Phantoms post a message on this site with a number and I will call you myself to get record straight. Or call the league and they will give you my number. Last but not least I would like to say thanks to The Phantoms for playing hard and bringing a win back home. Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Mike Lind-Team Owner
Palm Beach Phantoms

fred1965
Site Admin

Excuse me, Mr. Lind

Post by fred1965 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:59 pm

But shouldn't you be more concerned about getting your team a place to play instead of message board posts?

And from what we read you about in the Palm Beach Post and Ft. Lauderdale News and Sun Sentinel, are you justified in calling out someone else's credibility?

And since we have you on the line, how do you feel about the situations in Montgomery, and St. Joe, and Rapid City, and Arkanasas? How do you feel that the person in charge of your league let owners with hideous track records continue to cause unneccesary drama?

Oh well, you're more interesting in message boards posts than addressing real issues. Have a good day.

phantom1
Site Admin

Post by phantom1 » Mon May 15, 2006 2:12 pm

We are working on that. I really think you don't know much about what is happening here in Palm Beach. We have decided to play on the road the rest of the season which brings no revenue this way. Most people in this situation would have quite but not me. Don't believe all what you read in the paper. I talked to the paper once and that's all it took not to comment again since they fabricated alot what was said. I'm just interested in the rest of the season not other teams. I hope all can work out for the people that may have problems.

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Mon May 15, 2006 2:21 pm

The inability to secure a home venue taints their image, and automatically gives people the impression that they're just like other failing franchises.

But if you look a little closer, the fact that they've been very competitive in most of their losses, and the upset over Osceola shows that you're keeping a competitive team together.

Although I'd at least like to see the website updated occasionally(another sign of life), you aren't the only team that doesn't seem to stay on top of their site.

I still want to wish your team the best of luck! There are enough signs that there's at least an honest effort being made.

fred1965
Site Admin

Classic.

Post by fred1965 » Mon May 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Ah, yes. The classic "the media didn't get it right" angle. Seems to be a pattern in this league.

Mr. Lind, you do deserve credit for continuing as a travel team. I will say that.

But your failure to secure a home venue for your team, especially with it being a he laughable attempt of staging an indoor football game on a outside tennis court has made this league even more of a joke than it already is.

If you have the resources to do it right, do it right for the sake of everyone involved. Thank you for listening.

By the way, how do you feel about the other situations?

phantom1
Site Admin

Post by phantom1 » Mon May 15, 2006 2:48 pm

Thank you for the comment. We are having problems with our website and should have that resolved by the end of the week. I really didn't think that running a team would be hard. I found out other wise. We hired the wrong staff at the start and found this out to late. We are on the road the rest of the season with no income but I decided to to take a loss so that we didn't hurt our players, coaches, and other teams that need the revenue for the season. If I'm a bad person for this so be it. We are heading to Fayetteville where I lived for ten years and my family is still there. I hope for a win. Thank you.

Mike Lind-Team Owner
Palm Beach Phantoms

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Mon May 15, 2006 2:51 pm

On PB, more goes into being considered good or bad as a team. As to the truth on matters, I've seen and heard Mr. Linds side, I've also heard the city of Delrays side.

Used to be in the NIFL you had a valid lease agreement with a venue before even being allowed in the league. Whether the Phantoms ever did or not, no idea, but no venue now certainly makes one wonder.

I'm sorry Mr. Lind if I offend you with my words, but I find it difficult to give the Phantoms much credibility as a "professional" team when they don't even have a home to call their own. Road only teams in the NIFL in the past have always been a joke as they were replacement teams for failed franchises. Not saying your team is a joke, but until you actually have a place to call home, I'm not going to put your organization up there with some of the NIFL or and leagues best either.

I could care less about your history as the press is always going to dig up the worst on people, but as long as you pay the bills, don't pull any HP Patterson stuff and handle your team in a professional manner, I could care less about anything in your past. I'm no angel either.

As to calling you for the truth, pass, always two sides of the story, but what's the point?

phantom1
Site Admin

Post by phantom1 » Mon May 15, 2006 3:09 pm

Fred1965: Using a Tennis Stadium was what we had at the time. I started this team in January and did'nt have the time like all the other teams to secure a arena. We tried our best. At least we are still here. It will get better.

Sincerely,

Mike Lind-Team Owner
Palm Beach Phantoms

fred1965
Site Admin

Gotta give Mr. Lind credit

Post by fred1965 » Mon May 15, 2006 3:19 pm

His heart's in the right place. Just not sure where his head is.

Started in January? No chance to succeed.

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Mon May 15, 2006 3:56 pm

Mr. Lind is a successful business person in his own right or at least I assume he isfrom things I've read. Idon't remember seeing anywhere that he has any experience with sports teams.

A start up in January usually signals failure or at least a very rough road, filled with monitary losses the first year.

I really doubt Mr. Lind had a clue on what faced him, was probably sold on some song and dance that it'll work, no big deal. Whatever the sales pitch, the Phantoms are here now.

New teams need all of six months to get ready for their first season. There is no way a team can be successful with only three. They may make it through the first season and return, but the road won't be as smooth as it could have been had they had more time to prepare. Is this Mr. Lind's fault or just another questionable decision by NIFL leadership?

Return to “NIFL”