Is this true?????

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
off_the_nets
Site Admin

Is this true?????

Post by off_the_nets » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:02 pm

I read today on the Wikipedia page for the SIFL that there is going to be an announcment on 12/1 that the SIFL, AIFA West, IFL, CIFL and UIFL are all going to merger to become the Major Indoor Football League for the 2012 season.
Last edited by off_the_nets on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Not likely, now I could believe seeing an annoucement in the near future pertaining to the current SIFL/AIFA East merger being purchased by the AFL to be its developmental league for 2012, however that would be an "arena" and not "indoor" effort.

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:44 pm

No. Just someone being stupid with Wikipedia. Nice utopian thought for indoor football, but no.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:46 pm

[quote=""tony-o""]No. Just someone being stupid with Wikipedia. Nice utopian thought for indoor football, but no.[/quote]

I agree, it is very unlikely

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:45 pm

[quote=""off_the_nets""]I read today on the Wikipedia page for the SIFL that there is going to be an announcment on 12/1 that the SIFL, AIFA West, IFL, CIFL and UIFL are all going to merger to become the Major Indoor Football League for the 2012 season.[/quote]

Wrong date it should have been 4/1

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Too many people who can't play along in the same sand box would be involved. I don't see a Darth Vader or Emperor Palpatine to bring order to the galaxy of indoor football. Should such a fantasy occur, the first thing you would see is a group of dissenting owners break off and form their own league.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:41 pm

How many indoor football leagues are there? You have the APFL (5), CPFL (10), CIFL (7) , IIFA (5) , UIFL (6). Number of teams after the league. All these teams appear to be in the midwest. Add the AIFA West (4), west coast to alaska. Not to mention RIFL and PIFL, who knows how many teams they have between them. Not counting the AFL, since they are the "Major" leagues of the area / indoor game. Thats a boat load of teams. Add the IFL and SIFL. Your looking at close to 60-70 teams throuout the continental USA. Hell Jim Depaul, former owner of the Lehigh Valley Outlaws, tried to start the USIFL. Wouldnt combining some of these smaller leagues, geographically make sense. How many teams are in Texas alone. I dont think you could have one super league, but some of ther smaller. One could argue you would have a killer eastcost league. Seperate southern, midwest and western leagues. where travel costs wouldn't be so bad, teams wouldn't have to play each other 4-6 times a year and have competitive teams competing. I see the problem being everyone trying to out do one another rather than giving a venue for teams and players to play in. Just doesnt seem right, ERIE PA or TRENTON NJ in the SIFL.

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:27 pm

[quote=""RevolutionX""]How many indoor football leagues are there? You have the APFL (5), CPFL (10), CIFL (7) , IIFA (5) , UIFL (6). Number of teams after the league. All these teams appear to be in the midwest. Add the AIFA West (4), west coast to alaska. Not to mention RIFL and PIFL, who knows how many teams they have between them. Not counting the AFL, since they are the "Major" leagues of the area / indoor game. Thats a boat load of teams. Add the IFL and SIFL. Your looking at close to 60-70 teams throuout the continental USA. Hell Jim Depaul, former owner of the Lehigh Valley Outlaws, tried to start the USIFL. Wouldnt combining some of these smaller leagues, geographically make sense. How many teams are in Texas alone. I dont think you could have one super league, but some of ther smaller. One could argue you would have a killer eastcost league. Seperate southern, midwest and western leagues. where travel costs wouldn't be so bad, teams wouldn't have to play each other 4-6 times a year and have competitive teams competing. I see the problem being everyone trying to out do one another rather than giving a venue for teams and players to play in. Just doesnt seem right, ERIE PA or TRENTON NJ in the SIFL.[/quote]

I am thinking about writing a book on why a single league doesn't "make sense". Even when you break it into regional sub leagues. I will give two basic reasons and then I am going to give up on this lost cause.

#1 .For business to work and investment to continue you must have innovation. A static league is designed on a principal that they have the right formula, where there really is no right formula. This is all a small business crap shoot.

#2. For every dollar of revenue made across all the leagues, I would put the estimates at fifteen dollars spent to earn in. There is no overhead for national sanctioning fees. It is simply not worth $1 to say your part of any league.

Return to “SIFL”