Dayton Bulldogs become MASON BULLDOGS???

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:07 am

Jamie wrote:25-30 minutes drive.......
.......its all a sad embarassment, really.
Jamie, while I usually agree with you, in this case, I don't. I think that the Bulldogs actually trying to follow through with their games, even if the place is not the "nutt house" It's pretty cool that they aren't just folding.

While I think that it's almost like having too teams in Cincinnati, like having the CUBS and WHITE SOX (north and south sides) This might actually pay off for the Bulldogs...that is if people come out and support them at this point.

Their biggest problem is they aren't getting the information out to fans soon enough and to be honest, if people don't know, they won't go!

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Thu May 11, 2006 12:26 am

MarshalsFAN80 wrote:Jamie, while I usually agree with you, in this case, I don't. I think that the Bulldogs actually trying to follow through with their games, even if the place is not the "nutt house" It's pretty cool that they aren't just folding.

While I think that it's almost like having too teams in Cincinnati, like having the CUBS and WHITE SOX (north and south sides) This might actually pay off for the Bulldogs...that is if people come out and support them at this point.

Their biggest problem is they aren't getting the information out to fans soon enough and to be honest, if people don't know, they won't go!
Yes, you're right. I too give them credit for trying to make it work rather than just throw in the towel... but the publicity thing you mention is really the crux. What good is it to save the team if no one knows?

Publicity was terrible before they got booted from the Nutter Center. It looks to be even worse. I seriously cannot imagine anyone but family and friends will be there... and a couple Marshal fans I guess... :-)

jimbo32712
Site Admin

too funny

Post by jimbo32712 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:48 am

looks like they are playing in a big metal warehouse with artificial turf...where do the fans sit? And what..Was the skating rink at the mall unavailable?

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Thu May 11, 2006 5:55 am

I'm a former Daytonian (actually a Huber Heightsian) and hate to see things like this happen, but the best thing for indoor football in Dayton would be to fold up the team, wait a year or two, wait for things to blow over and start up with new (and well financed) owners.
This sounds like the New Jersey Xtreme all over again (going from a big, unaffordable arena to a very small one before folding).
Dayton started the year behind the 8-ball in terms of ticket sales, marketing and about everything else. Last year's UIF to CSM clustersnuggle was just too much to overcome. It's time to cut the losses before more damage is done and start fresh another time.

mikeyratt
Site Admin

Post by mikeyratt » Thu May 11, 2006 1:49 pm

Is HARA Arena still open?.

outlaw1
Site Admin

I'm back

Post by outlaw1 » Thu May 11, 2006 3:35 pm

First, I thought my post about new NIFL teams and their names was pretty darn funny. How dare they erase it....Boooooooooo!!!!!Anyway, let's be serious. Cudos to Dayton for trying to keep the season going. However, in a soccer arena? Seriously, I applaud the effort, effort not even attempted by WPB. But this is football, and you need height. I'm sorry to the person who commented on the kickers, but there is no way kickers can be effective in that place. Or even a high pass. Look at the pictures. In fact, from what I have heard,I dare you to kick a line drive to the Guard return man, and see how fast that ball is back in your endzone. It all falls back to the league, it's pres, and not enforcing rules. Do you think an AF1 team could play in a place like that? NO!! Because they have standards that they must adhere to or you're out. But, who am I to comment, I mean, we were going to let a team play on a tennis court. Interesting, would it have been 35-0, or 35 love. I wonder if the refs would have worn the white shorts w/ tall socks. Makes you wonder.
Last edited by outlaw1 on Thu May 11, 2006 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Thu May 11, 2006 3:39 pm

outlaw1 wrote:First, I thought my post about new NIFL teams and their names was pretty darn funny. How dare they erase it....Boooooooooo!!!!!Anyway, let's be serious. Cudos to Dayton for trying to keep the season going. However, in a soccer arena? Seriously, I applaud the effort, effort not even attempted by WPB. But this is football, and you need height. I'm sorry to the person who commented on the kickers, but there is no way you can kick effectively in that place. In fact, I dare you to kick a line drive to the Guard return man, and see how fast that ball is back in your endzone. It all falls back to the league, it's pres, and not enforcing rules. Do you think an AF1 team could play in a place like that? NO!! Because they have standards that they must adhere to or you're out. But, who am I to comment, I mean, we were going to let a team play on a tennis court. Interesting, would have been 35-0, or 35 love. I wonder if the refs would have worn the white shorts w/ tall socks. Makes you wonder.
Actually, you can kick there...it's just like kicking in an arena that has a video board hanging down.

I'm glad to see that they are putting forth the effort to make things work!

outlaw1
Site Admin

I'll take your word

Post by outlaw1 » Thu May 11, 2006 3:44 pm

If you have been there, I'll go with your word. But the kickers I have seen watching games in FL and NC would be puting the ball through the roof.

Return to “NIFL”