And Sioux City makes it official

IndoorExpert
Site Admin

Post by IndoorExpert » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:47 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]I think attendance most likely will drop off. I can easily see Bob Scott cutting even more corners to save money, including going the no pay route for players.

I think there was a big deal made over Beaumont joining the APFL as well. Lots of hype that it elevated the APFL and look how that turned out. And no not comparing SC to Beaumont as to quality of franchise, just saying the biuzz at the time was much like now.[/quote]

Beaumont had 400 fans (probably worse) on their best day in every league they were in. They also went through many changes over the years. The buzz was nowhere close to Sioux City.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:49 pm

[quote=""IndoorExpert""]Beaumont had 400 fans (probably worse) on their best day in every league they were in. They also went through many changes over the years. The buzz was nowhere close to Sioux City.[/quote]

And moving from the NIFL to the APFL was probably an improvement for the Drillers.
What are you doing here?

IndoorExpert
Site Admin

Post by IndoorExpert » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:54 pm

[quote=""exit322""]And moving from the NIFL to the APFL was probably an improvement for the Drillers.[/quote]

Agreed!!!!!!!

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:11 pm

[quote=""exit322""]And moving from the NIFL to the APFL was probably an improvement for the Drillers.[/quote]

Possibly although they did die as a part of the APFL, not the NIFL. Can't say I blame that on the APFL as much as the Drillers ownership, although cancelled games didn't help matters. Two cancelled home games doesn't help and at the time certainly didn't aid in any better credibility for the APFL.

How many seasons have the APFL had with no cancelled or rescheduled games?

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:26 pm

The last two, I believe.
What are you doing here?

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:45 pm

[quote=""exit322""]The last two, I believe.[/quote]
For the most part, yes. I believe there were one or two cancelled games in 2009 because the Nebraska team didn't have a home venue.

The 2008 season was pretty bad, and the APFL South was an awful idea from the start. The league is way past that now.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:12 pm

[quote=""tony-o""]For the most part, yes. I believe there were one or two cancelled games in 2009 because the Nebraska team didn't have a home venue.

The 2008 season was pretty bad, and the APFL South was an awful idea from the start. The league is way past that now.[/quote]

I hate to play devils advocate, but you say 08 pretty bad and in 09 one or two cancelled games, yet with only one year, 2010, no problems, you say league way beyond that now? I could cite more than one league that had problems leading up to one more or less uneventful year, but followed with more bad.

I'm not downplaying the APFL as it may seem, just pointing out a few things.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 am

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]I hate to play devils advocate, but you say 08 pretty bad and in 09 one or two cancelled games, yet with only one year, 2010, no problems, you say league way beyond that now? I could cite more than one league that had problems leading up to one more or less uneventful year, but followed with more bad.

I'm not downplaying the APFL as it may seem, just pointing out a few things.[/quote]

Where has the APFL overexpanded to cause problems in the future? I only see one added team.
What are you doing here?

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:23 am

[quote=""exit322""]Where has the APFL overexpanded to cause problems in the future? I only see one added team.[/quote]

I never mentioned anything about current expansion, but reasons leagues don't expand could be contributed to nobody having any interest as well as nobody qualified to join. I admire the APFL staying with in their regional footprint the last two or three years. I think thats smart.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 am

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]I hate to play devils advocate, but you say 08 pretty bad and in 09 one or two cancelled games, yet with only one year, 2010, no problems, you say league way beyond that now? I could cite more than one league that had problems leading up to one more or less uneventful year, but followed with more bad.

I'm not downplaying the APFL as it may seem, just pointing out a few things.[/quote]

It appears you like playing Devils advocate for every league, except for the IFL....hmmmm

Here's a couple of questions for Jerry:

Did the IFL have any cancelled games in 2010, the leagues only 2nd season?

Did every IFL team pay all it's players, coaches and staff in 2010? If not, it's similiar to the APFL.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”