Rochester Done?

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
Bouncer_Texxx
Site Admin

Rochester Done?

Post by Bouncer_Texxx » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:27 pm

Released all their players.. could they be done too?

http://www.goifl.com/players/transactio ... le_id=2789

storm2010
Site Admin

Post by storm2010 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:46 pm

yes! wouldn't post their letter of credit or sign TPA so league moved on.. Sucks to lose them but tightens up the footprint..

MediaMan
Site Admin

Post by MediaMan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:12 am

So the Atlantic East now consists of Reading, Lehigh, and Richmond?!? with the next closest teams in Chicago and Bloomington. That will do wonders for their travel costs. Looks like teams like Erie were smart to stay put.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 am

[quote=""storm2010""]yes! wouldn't post their letter of credit or sign TPA so league moved on.. Sucks to lose them but tightens up the footprint..[/quote]

Ah, so Bob finally stopped supporting them.
What are you doing here?

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:51 am

[quote=""storm2010""]yes! wouldn't post their letter of credit or sign TPA so league moved on.. Sucks to lose them but tightens up the footprint..[/quote]

So the IFL losses half of it's playoff teams, including the top teams, and you call it "tightening up the footprint"? What is tightening about a leagues best teams leaving?

With Corpus Christi, Sioux City, Billings and now Rochester leaving, the IFL has taken about five steps back. These teams were some of the most successful indoor football franchises, on and off the field.

The IFL now consists of mid level and expansion indoor teams. Don't look now, but the SIFL has surpassed the IFL, as the premiere indoor league.
Last edited by indoor fan on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bouncer_Texxx
Site Admin

Post by Bouncer_Texxx » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:57 am

Sioux Falls is going nowhere, you're thinking Sioux City

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:13 am

Are they done or just done with the IFL?

Bouncer_Texxx
Site Admin

Post by Bouncer_Texxx » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:41 am

Sioux City? look for them in the APFL..

Indoor Fan, I'm tired of your drivel. All hail your superior anti-ifl attitude. This is the IFL section of this forum. The SIFL has yet to prove anything on the field. Replacement teams and mid season folding in both previous years... The proof, they say, is in the pudding, and if teams leaving and or folding is your litmus test, the APFL is the perfection of all indoor football. Clearly any rational person can see the flaw in your logic, so why don't you take your seat in front of an arena league game on your DVR and leave us alone.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:18 am

[quote=""Bouncer_Texxx""]Sioux City? look for them in the APFL..

Indoor Fan, I'm tired of your drivel. All hail your superior anti-ifl attitude. This is the IFL section of this forum. The SIFL has yet to prove anything on the field. Replacement teams and mid season folding in both previous years... The proof, they say, is in the pudding, and if teams leaving and or folding is your litmus test, the APFL is the perfection of all indoor football. Clearly any rational person can see the flaw in your logic, so why don't you take your seat in front of an arena league game on your DVR and leave us alone.[/quote]

Oh wait.....it's ok to bash other leagues and make absurd attempts to compare the IFL to the AFL, but when your league starts to crumble, it's not ok to criticize?

IFL fans can't have it both ways. As I have said all along, the IFL has come to reality, which it is no different than any of the other indoor leagues.

BTW, things are looking great for the 2011 AFL season. I'll check back to the OSC in December.

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:32 am

[quote=""exit322""]Ah, so Bob finally stopped supporting them.[/quote]

I read a rumor on another arena football board that a ownership group put in for a Buffalo, New York arena football af2 restart league team in 2012? Anyone hear anything about Buffalo, New York and af2 starting up again in a second tier to the AFL one? Also I wonder if that is Bob and Thurman Thomas group again like last time just wondering if anyone heard anything? Let's Go Buffalo
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

Return to “IFL”