When Will The Lies Quit Coming ?

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:18 am

"carterpatterson" wrote:If you want to buy the Atlanta Vision, just let me know! The success stories are far outnumbered by the failures. The long term guys appear to run it at a loss for their egos. If you want still want to go through with it, my suggestion is that you find D-League owner that wants to sell a small share or raise enough money and interest to form a D-League team. There is not another practical path in my opinion to profitability. The Vermont Frostheaves and Arkansas Rimrockers were the exceptions....not the status quo.

Good luck.

Carter -- Why not try selling the Vision on EBay? You know, start with a
one cent bid and see the dollars and bids pile up!!! :p
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

When Will The Lies Quit Coming?

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:50 pm

Just curious, but wouldn't this constitute yet another lie?

OldFoolBaller on Sept 18 wrote:I will return tomorrow and will post a long detailed posting about what motivates this hate group.

He's right, these lies really should stop. They ruin the credibility of the AB..... oh, who am I kidding - the league has no credibility left to be ruined. And, blissfully unaware - OldFool perpetuates that fact with every keystroke he makes.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:10 pm

"carterpatterson" wrote:If you want to buy the Atlanta Vision, just let me know!

From your post, Carter, I get the impression that you own all of the Vision now, and your ownership of the team comes from some sort of settlement with Q about your past dealings. Is this right?

carterpatterson
Site Admin

Post by carterpatterson » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 am

"LightningMan" wrote:From your post, Carter, I get the impression that you own all of the Vision now, and your ownership of the team comes from some sort of settlement with Q about your past dealings. Is this right?

Unfortunately, justice is slow. I have a $300K judgment against Q, but collecting a worthless ball club from him won't reduce that total. The DA has told us that the Grand Jury finally indicted him and that he's on the list to have his trial scheduled. He cannot afford an attorney and thus I think they are merely trying to plea a deal with him. As a non-violent offender, I'm not sure that the county I live in wants the expense to try nor incarcerate him any more than he's already been. Its hard to believe its been two years.
Carter Patterson
The Atlanta Vision - http://www.atlvision.com

PaulD
Site Admin

Post by PaulD » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:34 am

Carter

The Frost Heaves I read have never turned a profit. So they too are not an exception.

I tought I saw Q's photograph years ago released by some county? Has he already received a trial for some other offense? Or has it taken YEARS for the grand jury to indict him after he was arrested?

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:40 am

Good luck Carter. Sadly this is not a unique or even absurd event in the ABA. The whole thing is one giant, ridiculous debacle. ABA CEO Joe Newman is one to blame as well. He seems to attract exactly this sort of character and has run this league into the ground
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

felt this needed to be bumped...

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:37 am

OldSchoolBaller on SEPTEMBER 18 wrote:It is crystal clear what the motivation for hate is in here. Too bad right now I have an important meeting to attend. I will return tomorrow and will post a long detailed posting about what motivates this hate group. You guys will do a lot of soul searching after tomorrow's posting. Stay tuned .......

This has to be the longest &%$#*@$#% meeting ever; the Paris peace talks didn't take this long.

Or maybe OldFool's 7-year old cousin is grounded, and can't help him log on to the computer or craft those witty responses...

Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

skedman2
Site Admin

Post by skedman2 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:56 pm

"ABARedWhiteBlue" wrote:This has to be the longest &%$#*@$#% meeting ever; the Paris peace talks didn't take this long.

Or maybe OldFool's 7-year old cousin is grounded, and can't help him log on to the computer or craft those witty responses...

Nope. His Mickey Mouse watch probably stopped.

ABA_TampaBay
Site Admin

Post by ABA_TampaBay » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Something tells me he was told to avoid this board (just as I was) because the powers that be want no one connected with the league spouting off, pro or con. God forbid you tell the truth or in OSB's case, his pro stance was even too much for the ABA to tolerate. Freaky.
----------------------------------
TBSN Sports Media
http://www.tbsn1.com/
-----------------------------------

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:14 pm

"ABA_TampaBay" wrote:Something tells me he was told to avoid this board (just as I was) because the powers that be want no one connected with the league spouting off, pro or con. God forbid you tell the truth or in OSB's case, his pro stance was even too much for the ABA to tolerate. Freaky.

Are you saying that Breakfast Basement Joe asked you to stop coming here?

Return to “ABA”