"The ECHL will not exist in five to ten years" -Avs fan blogger

The ECHL (ECHL) forum
Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:59 am

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Yeah, probably not gonna happen.[/quote]

Yes I saw that but after I posted a few days later. Same with the Connecticut Whale. It is easier for you to call out things in a post days or weeks later. Look back a week or so they where talking 45% for Quebec City arena then the government retracked because then alot canadien cities would have had there hand out.

As for the Connecticut Whalers that was reportively was going to be the new name a few weeks ago but there are legal questions who owns the name Whalers in Connecticut that is why the Whale. As far as I am concerned Whale close enough.

And lastly Sam Hill you don't have to agree with me or my post few do which is fine no big deal but the insults of my post aren't very nice. I will always answer question any poster has but without using insults. You make good points Sam Hill but you don't have to use crude remarks and insults. I am from the city of good neighbors Buffalo. We are a friendly city but Sam you are pushing it with the crude remarks and insults.

I hope in the future when you post on something I posted that you don't agree with you can leave out the crude remarks and insults because there really isn't any need. You are a good poster with alot of good points you don't really need to post in that style with me in my opinion. Using insults and crude remarks can lead to internet fights and anger that are unneccessary in my opinion.

I don't want to fight or not like any poster on here because the sports world is a better place if we can all get along with each other. We don't have to agree but we can do it without the nasty remarks and comments because all that leads to is more nasty remarks and comments back and forth which is unneccessary in my opinion. Your a good poster Sam Hill on here that is smart and intelligent you don't need the nasty remarks in your posts in my opinion. Thank you Buffalo Super Fan. Let's Go Buffalo
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:34 pm

Make you a deal: I'll be nicer if you stop writing "in my opinion" every third sentence. Deal?
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Make you a deal: I'll be nicer if you stop writing "in my opinion" every third sentence. Deal?[/quote]
BTW, I reported your last long post for blatant personal attacks and possible libel ("you're on crack"). Let's see what Paul has to say here.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Let's do Sam's deal. No more personal attacks, and BSF stops adding "in my opinion" multiple times in his posts.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:39 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]BTW, I reported your last long post for blatant personal attacks and possible libel ("you're on crack"). Let's see what Paul has to say here.[/quote]

Knock yourself out. If I thought someone was actually on crack, that would be one thing, but it's a message board, Mr. Anonymous Yourself. If you're looking for reality, you're on NyQuil.

How's that?
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Clash
Site Admin

Post by Clash » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:04 am

With a lack of owners for the NHL presently that also have a viable arena to use, you're NOT going to see a new league start up.

Also, your assumptions are completely biased, per usual, for a nothern fan. If you had any inkling as to the problems of the Florida franchise, you'd know they could sustain a franchise, except for the ownership the last ten years running the organization into the ground. Now they're trying to rebuild from the top down, something Buffalo had to do after declaring bankruptcy a few years back.

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:45 pm

I have not been to every form of minor league sports. I surely have not been to every league within those sports. However, the ECHL, by a mile, is the best event I have ever been too. I have not watched an NHL game in 15 years but I loved the three ECHL games I have been too.

Rusty553
Site Admin

Post by Rusty553 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]http://milehighmayhem.wordpress.com/201 ... om-haitus/

Said in positive approval of the Avalanche bypassing the ECHL for a CHL AA team (Tulsa Oilers).

What do you think? Will the ECHL make it in the long-term?[/quote]

The ECHL will still be around in 5-10 years but the CHL might not be!

The Av's bypassed the ECHL for the CHL. Big deal. It was probably due to logistics. The AHL and ECHL are the only leagues that players HAVE to report to if they are sent down. I'm pretty sure a deal with the NHLPA is stronger than a single team.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Interesting to go back through this thread.

What's noticeable to me as a Westie... the ECHL just seems to barely scrape by trading one western market for another. I've got a slight reason to believe that one more market (probably Reno) will pull it off to cover a team that slips up. Stockton (the team may not be as bad off as the arena)? Bakersfield (too much arena)? I think we've been through this San Francisco issue before and can guess the results. Overall, it's a house of cards, if ran by someone with somewhat deft hands.

There won't be any WCHL return or somesuch... not unless someone pulls off a major junior league. I think even Californians in the biz are aware of the WHL by now. Which reminds me...

...still think there's a 25% chance the about-to-be-approved Seattle building gets NHL. I said 25%, I'm not sure you want to be in a league where teams lose less by locking the gates. OTOH, if they pull that off, I really do wonder about the Seattle Thunderbirds, followed by a minor chain reaction, finished off with a reordering of the US Division (if there still is one, though I'm making a strong guess the WHL will fight to keep Spokane, Everett, and find a way to stay in Portland). That could open things up for the ECHL... but I doubt it.

Or does the AHL decide to bolster Abbotsford with local rivals instead of leaving Abbotsford? The AHL DID poke around Victoria before the WHL won. The WHL will fight that, and have proven rather adept at doing so. Things could get weird... but I think the WHL will outlast the AHL, then pull the necessary shenanigans to bring either the Kootenay Ice or Prince George Cougars to Abbotsford. Probably not much else happens if that does.

I think the AHL will start poking around some ECHL markets, and that will be a problem for the E. Of course, the A will probably inherit certain problems if they make that move.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Rusty553
Site Admin

Post by Rusty553 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:55 am

Nice reply Pounder.

The ECHL really hasn't put a good foothold on the west... that'll have to wait until they absorb some more CHL teams that pull pin and leave.

I do agree that some AHL teams might start checking out ECHL markets and that's fine. I'm happy for teams like the Checkers and Rivermen who have moved up to the AHL.

Remember... if an AHL team moves into an ECHL market it leaves the previous market open. It may not have worked for the AHL but it might for the ECHL. I know I'm being confusing right now - lol - so what I mean is...

Say, for arguments sake only, that Hamilton Bulldogs decide that it's just not working in Hamilton so they're going to move their team to Florida and assume the name of the Everblades. Well, an ECHL team can now move into Hamilton and maybe fair better.

Meh...

F*ck it it's late.

Return to “ECHL”