Gbl playoff's

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum
dodgersnusc
Site Admin

Play-off Predictions...

Post by dodgersnusc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Well, I never missed a game for my three seasons as GM for the Flyers from 2005 - 2007, but since I did not make it to a single game in 2010, my play-off prediction is strictly due to personal relationships.

I would be happy with either OC or Chico winning, since I worked for OC for three seasons, and I worked with Garry Templeton for those three years...either way works for me.

Also, I like Maui because I am friends with Cory Snyder and Mark Okano...so, no offense, Calgary, but since I have personal ties to three of the four teams, therein lies my loyalties...

Of course, with my luck in picking winning baseball teams (OC won the GBL the year AFTER I left, and I am a Dodgers and Cubs fan), this probably means Calgary is a lock to win it all!

Fight On! (yes, USC fan and employee, as well...don't get me started on USC football and Reggie Bush...).

Ed

GBL South Rules
Site Admin

No No To Ro

Post by GBL South Rules » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:19 pm

Again, you've completely dismissed facts as "it doesn't matter" (celebrating on Maui's dirt...)

OC and Maui have no control of SOS. You play the teams that are on your schedule. But since you've brought up the subject...

ALL SPORTS teams are subject to...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY !!!

Let's look at the second half of the season...

Cal had a .667 win percentage (very solid). But 12 games were against St.G and Tij who won a total of 12 games in the second half.

OC had a .707 win percentage (very solid). But 17 games were against St.G and Tij who won a total of 12 games in the second half.

Maui had .769 win percentage (THE BEST). BTW, 0 (nada) games against St.G and Tij.

THESE ARE FACTS...NOT DEBATABLE...NOT SUBJECTIVE...

And stop with the home / schmome rant...it is what it is! Take a couple pills and get over it.

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Overlooked a few things again South

Post by TOROSFAN » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:05 pm

[quote=""GBL South Rules""]Again, you've completely dismissed facts as "it doesn't matter" (celebrating on Maui's dirt...)

OC and Maui have no control of SOS. You play the teams that are on your schedule. But since you've brought up the subject...

ALL SPORTS teams are subject to...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY !!!

Let's look at the second half of the season...

Cal had a .667 win percentage (very solid). But 12 games were against St.G and Tij who won a total of 12 games in the second half.

OC had a .707 win percentage (very solid). But 17 games were against St.G and Tij who won a total of 12 games in the second half.

Maui had .769 win percentage (THE BEST). BTW, 0 (nada) games against St.G and Tij.

THESE ARE FACTS...NOT DEBATABLE...NOT SUBJECTIVE...

And stop with the home / schmome rant...it is what it is! Take a couple pills and get over it.[/quote]
It hasn't been determined that Maui will get the first 2 at home IF they win...or did I miss that? GBL may send them to Calgary if Calgary wins due to $$, but GBL wants a Chico vs Maui series and Maui may have to stay in Chico IF that happens to play gms 1 and 2...or the whole Champioship...due to $$.

I guess you overlooked the 2nd half 19 games vs yuma-13 and Tucson-6....HALF of their games...WOW
or they dont count as weak opponents to you....figured that! Tucson only played well at the end of the season when NO PRESSURE was there...10 of 14 games vs TJ, St G and Yuma....4 vs legit edm who was out also...you forgot to count those...
These are the facts and stats...not debateable and not subjective!!

AND, if you don't think the SOS has meaning...give up sports!! 65 % of all home series/games are won by home teams. I guess you think they would have .769 win % no matter what...try harder.

OF COURSE Maui had a high win %...you make my point...weak SOS and at Home for a decade...I'm sure their are 9 other teams that would love for the GBL to sweeten their pie and keep them home because they are BROKE!! We'll see how many excuses you have for them in a week or 2...OC will take them to the end...and if they get Calgary or Chico they will lose.

And finally, you didn't answer the overall North vs South win %...you must be a Democrat...ignore the facts/stats, and spin the GBL. It's not the GBL's summer of recovery...it's their summer of realism and disaster...you should change your sign on to GBL/Maui Guy.

The debate continues tonight on the field.
Baseball is Life

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Go call Wally's World...this site is about debate and baseball is about life, so I think we are on to something..Have a good day and good luck to your Vipers tonight.
Baseball is Life

Baseball Dad
Site Admin

Post by Baseball Dad » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:50 pm

My picks:
North: Want Calgary to win (son is a pitcher).
South: Either one actually. If the Vipers are fortunate enough to win, and OC wins then my boy can play in front of family & friends in SoCal. If Maui moves on then he & his team mates will get the road trip to Hawaii that for whatever reason was not in their schedule this yr. But 1st things 1st, gotta beat a tough Chico team. I've griped about the schedule enough before...it is what it is. Haven't heard too many people talk about the ridiculous 1st half schedule. Oh & Ed @ USC....Fight On!

Ed
Last edited by Baseball Dad on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GBL South Rules
Site Admin

You missed it...

Post by GBL South Rules » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Like some of the references you like to make...you missed it. Maui will get the first two games at home. Done, decided and definitive...that's what the best record gets you...your choice!

BTW, Yuma and Tucson combined for 29 second half wins while St.G and Tij combined for 12. That's almost 250% more wins for the mathematically challenged.

So Maui played 19 games against Yuma/Tucson...who won 2 1/2 times more 2nd half games than a Calgary that played 12 games against St.G/Tij...THE MATH SIMPLY DOESN'T SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT. I feel like I'm trying to convince my nephew that his father isn't the best athlete the world. He'll just tell me he can be anyone at anything no matter what I say.

Toro: "Calgary isn't the best athlete in the world" :mrgreen:

Orange County would take Calgary in 5 as well...they're just a better team.
Last edited by GBL South Rules on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stg2010 front office
Site Admin

Post by stg2010 front office » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Dang, GBL South, think of all the money and time O.C. and Calgary could save if they just did the math.

Or, alternatively, we can see how the play off games go.

By the way, Maui's "best record"? A joke. Typical GBL making up the rules on the fly, b.s.

As Pliny the Elder used to say: id est quod id est

GBL South Rules
Site Admin

Pliny the Elder also used to say...

Post by GBL South Rules » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:31 pm

"Men are most apt to believe what they least understand."

:infun:

stg2010 front office & TOROSFAN: Let me know if you would like me to explain.

JFeld127
Site Admin

Post by JFeld127 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:25 am

i'm pretty sure it's starting in the North Division. It flip flops each year where it starts. This year, 1-2 in the North, 3-4*-5* in the South for the Championship Series.

stg2010 front office
Site Admin

Post by stg2010 front office » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:00 am

[quote=""GBL South Rules""]"Men are most apt to believe what they least understand."

:infun:

stg2010 front office & TOROSFAN: Let me know if you would like me to explain.[/quote]

No need to explain, South Rules. You're the poster child for that statement. all we have to do is read your posts.

Return to “GBL”