President Andre Levingston

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
south florida basketball
Site Admin

President Andre Levingston

Post by south florida basketball » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:02 pm

What has happened to President Andre? He has become very silent since CEO Chase came on board.Seems like something is up!

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Don't start rumors, okay? You do recall he also has a team to run.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Tony Chase has been CEO for three weeks. How many press releases/press conferences has he been quoted in? The one that announced his becoming CEO.

There is no reason to believe that Andre is out as CEO. The Rainmen have been running their kids camps this week in addition to a bunch of scouting trips and a season ticket drive. I also imagine that the whole league office is busy trying to lock down the final confirmed list of teams in the league and sort out other logistical things at the moment (hopefully including getting an updated web presence).

This is a pretty huge conclusion that you're jumping to.

CAVSFAN
Site Admin

Post by CAVSFAN » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:55 pm

I think that Mr Andre is probably just fine. As has been stated he is probably confirming teams for this season, working on a schedule of games, running the Halifax team. Oh by the way, Halifax just lost one of the leagues best players so I am sure that Andre is busy.

Two posts by South Florida and both negative towards the PBL. Dont start things that just arent there. The PBL does not need to defend itself against people that want to see the PBL fail. There are many of us that want to see its success.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:29 pm

If Andre Levingston has already had his day in court and settled his debts, then I also think he's doing just fine. It can be spiritually uplifting to be free of that burden.

If he has not had his day in court or worse, is delaying the inevitable then he's not doing himself any favors. A lesson can be learned from the great Martha Stewart. Take your medicine and get it over with. You'll be wiser for the experience.

Also, the current hierarchy of the PBL only makes sense when under the influence of PBL Kool-Aid...but I'll try all the same. Mr. Levingston is League President, not CEO. Mr. Chase is CEO and co-owner. The Doc is co-owner and founder. No one is commissioner.

If Mr. Levingston is officially also a CEO, then forgive me.

time out
Site Admin

Post by time out » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:00 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]Don't start rumors, okay? You do recall he also has a team to run.[/quote]

Yeah, the league can start plenty of rumors on their own. Kind of like "we pay all of our bills", "our games will be broadcast in China", "we pay all of our teams' travel expenses", "there will be revenue sharing" "iphone apps, twitter updates, internet gambling, cable tv, atsports tv, building a new arena".

Did I forget anything?

PaulD
Site Admin

More misinformation by Ken

Post by PaulD » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:03 pm

Mr Chase is no longer a co-owner. He is just the CEO of the league.

Lets test your business sense Ken, how long will the PBL be running?

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:16 pm

I have no idea what exactly Ken wrote, but in terms of ownership of the league, Chase is co-owner with the Dr.:
The Premier Basketball League (PBL) is pleased to announce that Anthony Chase has been named as the new Chief Executive Officer of the PBL, effective immediately. In addition, Mr. Chase has become part owner of the League with Dr. Severko Hrywnak, Chairman and Founder.
(from the press release announcing Chase as CEO)

PaulD
Site Admin

Post by PaulD » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:32 pm

My misunderstanding I tought Ken was stating that Chase was seill a part owner of the Kentucky team.

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:05 am

Hey Time out, forget the rumors lets post some facts:

Battle Creek: we need transportation paid to come to the PBL, we need refs paid, There are 8 of us owners and we have no more money. We dont pay all the players, Some players actusally get 100 bucks per game, We cant play in the PBL anymore, Hey IBL can you help us with travel costs?

Time out fact: My Daddy has a tummy ache and cant make it to the championship game to coach. The back board has expolding bolts. Coach will get on OSC under an assumed name and talk about how great he is. I will act as a collection agency, get on OSC and get money for the bus company because Im just that kind of person. Oh and I will get on every chance I get and re live the past.

In regards to andre, what sould he be doing? putting out a press release every day like Joe about some great cause he will never give money to?

Return to “PBL”