PBL Web Site

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
south florida basketball
Site Admin

PBL Web Site

Post by south florida basketball » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:23 pm

I don't understand why the web site isn't taken care of properly. Manchester is still Manchester ect, the previous team logos are all still there ect. Please guys clean it up, there is no excuse, be professional.

LandoG
Site Admin

Post by LandoG » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:29 pm

agreed. Look pro, be pro.

time out
Site Admin

Post by time out » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:02 pm

I think the web administrator for the PBL left with Doyle to the ACPBL.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Yup. Adam Dantus was the webmaster for the PBL. It's not like the website was ever up to date though, particularly in the off season. (I don't pin that one on Dantus - he was also the GM for the ______ Hawks and shouldn't be expected to do both)

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 am

I think alot of you guys are right. But that cost money and the PBL in my opinion just doesn't have that type of money to maintain a NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB quality website that cost alot money to hire people for that. The more time that goes on I think most of us will see basketball needs a UFL type of league and not all the present A, B and C leagues we presently have in my opinion none of them are working really to me. Let's Go Buffalo
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:57 am

[quote=""CHris902""]Yup. Adam Dantus was the webmaster for the PBL. It's not like the website was ever up to date though, particularly in the off season. (I don't pin that one on Dantus - he was also the GM for the ______ Hawks and shouldn't be expected to do both)[/quote]
Even in the minor leagues, webmaster and GM are different level jobs. Considering how little there is to do during the off-season, they could hire a service to maintain it when they're not playing and then hire someone dedicated during the season only for the heavy work.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:59 am

[quote=""Buffalo Super Fan""]I think a lot of you guys are right. But that costs money, and the PBL in my opinion just doesn't have that type of money to maintain a NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB quality website that costs a lot money to hire people for that.[/quote]
To have a league site like MLB, yeah, that costs money. But it's well within the league's budget to have someone take care of the website as it is presently designed. During the off season it shouldn't even be a full time job.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Each year of their existance, the PBL has done a better and better job with their websites and stats. So Don't be suprised if you see a new and improved website soon.

However it is the off season, so there is no sense of urgency to update things constantly.

They are in the middle of negotiating with many teams and cities, so you might as well wait until you have enough new info before you make changes.

ACBSPAIN
Site Admin

Very professional

Post by ACBSPAIN » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Yes, it's off season, is not important updated, ok, you and others defending the nightmare, curious case of improving, doesn't matter, ok, I see, and then make comments of another nonsenses, yeah, all right, smart...have a nice day.
I'll tell my boss I am off season, and I won't go work, yes, nice, yes, sensational...very good, thanks a lot.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:33 pm

abcdefghijkspain, what again are talking about? By the way Didn't USA just beat Spain?

You are an odd fellow over there. If you don't like the PBL, well who cares?

Also, do you have a boss? What do you do over there in Spain? i am going to rename you:

AcbPAIN!

Return to “PBL”