Fayetteville Guard Season Thread

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
FayGuard06
Site Admin

Post by FayGuard06 » Mon May 01, 2006 11:10 am

Guard Fan3,

Yeah we did sign an "actual" kicker.....lol, his name is Brian Tracy, he has alot of experience and I believe he is formally of the Rome Renegades.

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Mon May 01, 2006 7:56 pm

Funny the first week we have a kicker we lose. Not that he had anything at all to do with it really. Just a funny point. Is it the 13th yet. I so can't wait for the next home game. Hey are you guys doing anything like pre-game. I am trying to get the word out about the $10 tickets. Are there any board seats left for the game?
GO FORCE and ICE

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Mon May 01, 2006 10:26 pm

My question about the kicker is that at the beginning of the season, Siani said he didn't want to waste a roster spot on a kicker, but now we have one. Whose spot did he take? (Just please tell me you spelled his name right on his jersey--lol.)

I don't actually mind having a kicker. It worked pretty well not having one in the first few games but teams start to catch on to things like that. Kinda like Wilmont Perry. I really like him and like our chances when he's our there, but other teams know that we are going to go with him and they will key on him too much. We need to spread the ball around more.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Mon May 01, 2006 11:58 pm

Hey guys, tough loss last week, I got updates from my wife as I was in VA. Anyhow, Thanks for the updates on happenings around F'ville. I plan on getting tickets with my ID this Friday. I also plan on going to Charleston and from what I have heard it will be the last away game. The WPB team will have to play in F'ville back to back weeks or so it seems. So plan on the possibility of an additional home game.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Tue May 02, 2006 12:06 am

On another subject, the kicker is from Rome's team of last year. He is about 45% on his FG's and around 75% on PAT's. It was his leg that beat us in Rome last year. He scored I think 7-7 FG's in that game, and he was the deciding factor in it. Hope he come's around and can produce for us like he did for them. When I saw him he was all but perfect so maybe he can still kick it from 45 and less. On the Perry note from earlier, you are right we need to spread it around more and use him once they (the enemy, whomever they are) think we can't. A bit of deception would not hurt us. Maybe even a play or two with him as a WR and some else in at RB. Looks as if we might have done that this past week but I can't tell from the stats. Later Drew.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Tue May 02, 2006 12:34 am

One last thing, I went back and looked at the 05-08-2005 stats from the Rome game, Brian Tracey went 7-12 on FG's in a game we lost in OT 60-57 at Rome. He kicked the FG in OT to win it. Longest FG in the game was 48 yards but he was still good back then. Let's see who he replaced and if he can still kick. Drew.

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:58 am

GTDREW wrote:Hey guys, tough loss last week, I got updates from my wife as I was in VA. Anyhow, Thanks for the updates on happenings around F'ville. I plan on getting tickets with my ID this Friday. I also plan on going to Charleston and from what I have heard it will be the last away game. The WPB team will have to play in F'ville back to back weeks or so it seems. So plan on the possibility of an additional home game.
Have you heard if they are going to do this for sure? I would love to have an extra game, but is the Guard willing--or, for that matter, able (don't know about the availability)--to host the game? If so, they need to get the word out pretty quickly so that we can get more people there. Looking forward to the game on the 13th. They need to get word out, period, about the team to get people to the games already scheduled, they will need to work even harder to get people to an unscheduled game.

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Tue May 02, 2006 2:06 am

I'm pretty sure we'll be willing to host it. Last year, we were to play at Miami in the regular-season finale. But like Palm Beach, they had arena issues, so they came up here and played at the Crown (we beat them 62-2, fun game... but curse that safety!). Our friend here from the front office can probably give us more information on that, but I'm pretty sure we'd be able to host it. It'd be weird playing the same team in the same building twice in a row, but hey, seven straight Saturdays of Guard football at the Crown ain't too shabby. :D

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Wed May 03, 2006 12:56 am

CONGRATULATIONS once again to Walter Ford!!! For the second week in a row, and the third time overall, after only 6 games played, Walter Ford has been selected the Special Teams Player of the Week. His stats are only based on 5 games played because stats for the game against Florida werenever submitted. So he has been awarded the POW 3 out of 5 weeks for which the league has stats. Way to go Walter!! Keep up the great work.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Wed May 03, 2006 11:19 pm

Ford is a great player, teams are trying not to kick it to him. It only takes a small seam and he's gone. I have seen him run a few back. Way to go Walter Ford and keep it coming.

Return to “NIFL”