Fayetteville Guard Season Thread

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
FayGuard06
Site Admin

Post by FayGuard06 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:17 pm

Mike,
Sorry that I haven't gotten back in touch with you. We are in the process of printing up fliers for the next game. If you are able to distribute them, that would be great! Just call the office 482-4328 and ask for Katina. I will set up a time for you to come pick them up or figure out some way to get them to you.

As far as the announcer goes, we had to work with what we had and all things being equal, the person who we had for the first game did an "ok" job. :) HOWEVER........we will have a new more seasoned announcer from here on out.....many of you will probably recognize him!

Once again, thanks for your support!!!!!

GO GUARD, LETS' MAKE IT 6-0

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:23 pm

Could it be Skip?????
Sure would be nice to see him back around with the football team. He was so good with that other team we had.
I would also like to pass out some flyers around Pope AFB if you get any printed up. I have been talking the team up at work and should have some new comers out to the next home game. I am a firm believer if you can get them out to just one game they will be hooked. Please let me know back about the flyers and anyother help the team may need.
GO FORCE and ICE

FayGuard06
Site Admin

Post by FayGuard06 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:00 pm

#1 Guard,

It's not skip...lol. Thanks for the offer on passing out flyers, that would be great! Just let me know when would be a good time for you to come down to the office and we can set something up.

Also, to everyone else, the game on the 13th is Military Appreciation Night. We are offering $10/ticket with your military I.D. and you can sit anywhere in the house! The only stipulation is that the ticket MUST be purchased here at the office before 12 noon on the 12th!

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!!

GO GUARD, LETS MAKE IT 6-0

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:03 pm

When can the military ticket be gotten? Is it just the one day or anytime before that day?
GO FORCE and ICE

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:35 am

Hey #GF This past Sunday I decided to Join the Air Force when I grauate from South View next year!!! I'm going to my brother-n-law's house on Base tommorow to go get information about the AF!

I am deciding on either doing something in the Computer Systems field either Software or Hardware areas!
GO GUARD, 6-1 looking at 7-1" this weekend!

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:21 pm

Great for you. Hope you like what you choice to do and serve the country good. I know I have really enjoyed my time serving.
GO FORCE and ICE

FayGuard06
Site Admin

Post by FayGuard06 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:45 am

#1GF......the ticket can be purchased in our office anyday between now and 12 noon on the 12th.

GO GUARD, BEAT LAKELAND!!!!

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:39 am

Looks like the Guard took a beating tonight. Man I was really hoping to come back home being 7-0 oh well keep playing hard.
GO FORCE and ICE

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:24 am

Ouch. It's a bummer we lost, but at least it was to a fellow unbeaten team. It would've been worse if we had lost a game we should've won. Hopefully we'll rebound in the coming weeks. We have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way, as all of the teams left on the schedule are currently at or under .500.

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:14 pm

I agree GoGuard. One of the teams had to go down. Unfortunately it was us this time. But they will get it back together, and next week is possibly the last road game, then we finish out at home (except maybe the WPB game). Can't ask for more.

I noticed Mitch didn't play. FayGuard, can you offer insight? Is he still hurting from last week? Hope he gets better soon and is back out there next week.

Also, who is #42 B. Tracy? Did we sign an actual kicker?

Drew, you asked me to let you know about my visit to the office. Representatives form the team will be at Books-A-Million on Tuesday, May 9 (right before the next home game--greats time to get the word out), for a Teacher Appreciation event that they are having there. It is from 5:30-7:30. All teachers--of any kind, homeschool, scouts, Sunday school, whatever--will receive 20% off total purchase and can register for door prizes. The Guard have been generous enough to donate one of the door prizes, along with the FireAntz, I think the Swampdogs, and I don't know who else so far, but it should be a pretty busy night. Please spread the word to any teachers you know.

LETS GO GUARD!!!!
Last edited by Guardfan3 on Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “NIFL”