SPHL New Teams

The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) forum
osopa506
Site Admin

Seals Money

Post by osopa506 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:31 am

Jaxen...dont forget the seals got a large sum of money in the settlement with the city of orlando and their lease...that should help in the finance areas for the florida seals team.

osopa506
Site Admin

Now we know Richmond is in...

Post by osopa506 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:45 pm

Well now that Richmond is in and this pushes the teams to eight...what does that mean for next season?

The way I would like to see it...

2 divisions of 4

North- Richmond, Knoxville, Fayetteville, Huntsville
South- Pee Dee, Jax, Florida, Columbus

(Huntsville and Pee Dee could be opposite)

Playoffs...Top three teams in each get in...bottom team each division is out.

Teams 2 and 3 in each division play each other in 5 game series with top team in each division getting a bye...

2nd round is winner of each division against the top team in each division in 7 game series...

Finals...Winners of each division in a 7 game series...

Other thoughts/ideas?

pcc
Site Admin

Post by pcc » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:13 pm

i think they should put all of the teams in one division and have the top 4 teams make the playoffs

R-Dizzle804
Site Admin

Post by R-Dizzle804 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:06 pm

I like the idea of keeping one division of eight, but with the top 6 teams getting in. This would give the top 2 teams a bye with seeds 3 and 6 playing each other and 4 and 5 playing each other in a best of 5 series. For the semis re-seed with the 1 seed playin the lowest remaining seed and the 2 seed gettin the highest remaining seed in a best of 7. the championship wouls also b best of 7.

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:22 am

osopa506 wrote:Well now that Richmond is in and this pushes the teams to eight...what does that mean for next season?

The way I would like to see it...

2 divisions of 4

North- Richmond, Knoxville, Fayetteville, Huntsville
South- Pee Dee, Jax, Florida, Columbus

(Huntsville and Pee Dee could be opposite)

Playoffs...Top three teams in each get in...bottom team each division is out.

Teams 2 and 3 in each division play each other in 5 game series with top team in each division getting a bye...

2nd round is winner of each division against the top team in each division in 7 game series...

Finals...Winners of each division in a 7 game series...

Other thoughts/ideas?
You messed up a little

North- Richmond, Knoxville, Fayetteville, Pee Dee
South- Huntsville, Jax, Florida, Columbus

There that is more like it.
GO GUARD, 6-1 looking at 7-1" this weekend!

osopa506
Site Admin

Post by osopa506 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:47 am

Mike4FireAntz34 wrote:You messed up a little

North- Richmond, Knoxville, Fayetteville, Pee Dee
South- Huntsville, Jax, Florida, Columbus

There that is more like it.

thats why i said after my list

"(Huntsville and Pee Dee could be opposite)"

they are both equal about north/south

i guess it would be what close cities they want to try and keep together...

huntsville/knoxville or pee dee/fayetteville

KLM Line
Site Admin

Divisions Help Knoxville

Post by KLM Line » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:00 pm

I was just perusing the list of teams in each division.

Unless I am mistaken that will mean that the other teams in Knoxville's division are a combined 1-14 in thier last 15 games against the Icebears in Knoxville. Of course we have no idea how the Renegades will perform in Knoxville, but the teams that have given Knoxville the most trouble have been moved to the other division.

Anyone know how the scheduling will work? Are they planning on playing the divisional teams more often than the teams in the other division? If so, the South will be BRUTAL.

In addition, Knoxville's biggest rivals (Huntsville and Columbus) are both in the other division. The icebears are indeed one of the best teams (if not THE best team) over the last two years, however they have also benifited from a favorable home schedule and a playoff format that favored them. (Granted they had to WIN the regular season championship to be in that position)

Knoxville's lineup will be vastly different next season compared to this one, however if nothing else, Knoxville has proven they gladly accept favorable scheduling. This definately won't hurt.

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:30 pm

KLM Line wrote: Anyone know how the scheduling will work? Are they planning on playing the divisional teams more often than the teams in the other division? If so, the South will be BRUTAL.
Right now, I don't think they're planning anything, and I don't think they know how the schedule will work. I don't think they have had their summer meetings yet, and they still need to get dates and tentative availability from all arenas.

As for the 1-14 record, that may have been significant a month ago, but right now, it means nothing. Come October, we start a new season, with all records being 0-0. I am sure that a few returning players from each team will remember how their team fared against Knox last season, and for a few of them, it might be something they will have to overcome. But I don't think it will be that important in deciding the games, regardless of how the teams are separated--if at all--into divisions.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:39 pm

I'd like to see more real south.

you know,

Daytona Beach, Lakeland, Tallahassee, Birmingham, Mobile, et al.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:05 pm

I would love to see the true south deal too. I was hoping that Macon would come back into the league this year. If we had a true south group like you called it we might be able to pull off a three div league then.
South
Jax
Florida
D Beach??
Lakeland??
Pensacola??

Central
Huntsville
Columbus
Pee Dee
Macon??
Augusta??

North-
Richmond
Knoxville
Fayetteville
Roanoke??
Ashville??
Now I think that would be a good set up. I don't think we will see this for many years if ever but a fan can wish right?
GO FORCE and ICE

Return to “SPHL”