Is there going to be a Greenville vs Albanby game this week?

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
lionsfan
Site Admin

Is there going to be a Greenville vs Albanby game this week?

Post by lionsfan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:41 am

I asked this in another thread but apparently it was overlooked (or not).

Is there going to be a Greenville vs Albany game this week?

If not, why? And who made the decision?

Inquiring minds want to know.

mudbugsfan
Site Admin

Post by mudbugsfan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:44 am

[quote=""lionsfan""]I asked this in another thread but apparently it was overlooked (or not).

Is there going to be a Greenville vs Albany game this week?

If not, why? And who made the decision?

Inquiring minds want to know.[/quote]

Theres a Columbus at Lafayette game.

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:53 am

Does anyone really care at this point?

The Force are not the first team to fail and have an owner rip everyone off...and unfortunately they won't be the last.

I feel bad for those who were ripped off...but this horse is dead.
If integrity is missing, so are you.

mace
Site Admin

Post by mace » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:24 am

At this point... yes there is going to be a game. But, there could be changes at the last minute. As I posted in the other thread, the league and the team owners VOTE on if this Greenville situation will continue. It is not only the league officials that make this decision.

BUCKLE UP!!!

PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:02 am

stats keepers and cataloguers like myself also need to know if there will be a game, as well as the embarassing score at the end of said game.

RawDogg
Site Admin

Post by RawDogg » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:08 am

If the owners voted to keep the G'ville team in then why could they not vote to MAKE TW pay the players like he was suppose to do....and if he didn't have the cash....Pick up the tab to keep the players in.....Just my ?

mace
Site Admin

Post by mace » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:15 am

[quote=""RawDogg""]If the owners voted to keep the G'ville team in then why could they not vote to MAKE TW pay the players like he was suppose to do....and if he didn't have the cash....Pick up the tab to keep the players in.....Just my ?[/quote]

Well there are a couple of problems with that thought process.
1. How are you as a team owner going to "make" another owner pay his players? (Just so you know, there is no INTELLIGENT answer here!)
2. Why is it the responsibility of the other owners who are doing the right thing, to pay another teams players? (Please see the response above for this one too)

There is no magic potion or pixie dust that is going to rectify this situation, but we as fans want the players to be paid and the team to stay afloat. Is any of this going to happen? Who knows, but I will bet that before the playoffs begin, there will be 5 more threads started on this very topic!!

BUCKLE UP!!

RawDogg
Site Admin

Post by RawDogg » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:46 am

[quote=""mace""]Well there are a couple of problems with that thought process.
1. How are you as a team owner going to "make" another owner pay his players? (Just so you know, there is no INTELLIGENT answer here!)
2. Why is it the responsibility of the other owners who are doing the right thing, to pay another teams players? (Please see the response above for this one too)

There is no magic potion or pixie dust that is going to rectify this situation, but we as fans want the players to be paid and the team to stay afloat. Is any of this going to happen? Who knows, but I will bet that before the playoffs begin, there will be 5 more threads started on this very topic!!

BUCKLE UP!![/quote]

Just like they voted to keep the team in and knowing what shape the team was in with the players....They should have just voted to let the team go UNLESS the force still owes them (THE LEAGUE) money....?.....who paid for the ride for the team to go on the road for the three away game....Now if TW did pay for this and can not pay his players the league could have and should have step in.

dagr8_1_4ever
Site Admin

Post by dagr8_1_4ever » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:03 am

As of June 9th TW was declared in default and the league now owns the team. So if the league owns the team are they not now responsible for the bills encouraged by the team they are now in charge of? and if not why are they not going after the man that does owe all the bills and is making them and their team look bad.

You buy a business you get the debts with the assets.

mace
Site Admin

Post by mace » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:19 am

Not unless the said "default contract" has line items in there for not accruing said debt to players and sponsors. I don't for sure, but that is the way that this would appear. As far as the travel, the teams that were being visited by the Force were paying for the "team" to be there.

BUCKLE UP!

Return to “SIFL”