Dakota Wizards Fan Here Wondering What The D-League Is Like

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Dakota Wizards Fan Here Wondering What The D-League Is Like

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:49 am

As you know the Wizards along with 3 other CBA teams are joining the D-League next season. I'm used to CBA ball and I don't really know what the D-League is like. Can anyone tell me a little bit about it?

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:11 pm

Run while you can. I think the NBDL is slow paced and the skill level is not that great either. The level is in big need of repair of how things are ran. Hoping they can get their act together and give the fans a better product on the court
GO FORCE and ICE

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:24 pm

The thing is the refs call way too many fouls..
GO GUARD, 6-1 looking at 7-1" this weekend!

TBirdCrazy
Site Admin

Re: What the Dleague is like

Post by TBirdCrazy » Tue May 02, 2006 4:55 am

Personally, i think the Dleague has great basketball talent. Sometimes it is slow paced, but so is the NBA. You can not look at this league and compare it to the NBA...it is different. I used to go to CBA games, back when it was "the in thing" to do. I grew up in Albany NY, watching the Albany Patroons with George Karl as coach, and players like Mario Elie, Michael Ray Richardson, Vicent Askew, etc. They wre great games to watch. The Dleague today is that exciting. I was a season ticket holder for the ABQ Tbirds (Dleague Champs this year)...and did not miss a game. I can honestly say that this league is better than the CBA...why? Because of the NBA prospects that come an play in the league. this year alone we had 18 callups to the NBA...that says something right there. Some of the players in the league have played in the NBA, on teams with Kobe Bryant, Yao Ming, etc. The talent is not lacking. the league is still getting established as a true minor league system for the NBA, but it is headed in the right direction. With the affiliate system, it is now a great way for fans in smaller cities to see NBA caliber ball played, while getting to see, and know on a personal level, NBA prospects.

But always remember....this is not the NBA...it is the minor leagues...the development league....Do you attend a minor league baseball game expecting to see Derek Jeter hitting for your team? No, so dont compare the two. Go, enjoy the action, and believe in David Sterns dream of a true minor league system.

Trust me, if you to a game, you will be hooked, more than you have with any other minor league basketball team! :p

TBirdCrazy
Site Admin

RE: What is Dleague Like

Post by TBirdCrazy » Tue May 02, 2006 4:59 am

Hey Guard...you must be from Fayetteville...yeah, I would be trippin on the league too if my team were Fayetteville...they were down right aweful this year!

Return to “D-League”