Coach Booth

The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) forum
Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:55 am

Deal's been done. We got Booth for 2 more years. If it's not in Friday's paper, it will surely be announced at the STH party Friday night. I don't care when they announce it, I'm just glad we got him back.

Welcome back Derek!!!

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:44 pm

Release is now up in our SPHL section.

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:49 pm

Signed a 2 year contract with us!!!

Good to have you back next year Coach!!!! :D
GO GUARD, 6-1 looking at 7-1" this weekend!

osopa506
Site Admin

Post by osopa506 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:47 am

Apr 21, 2006
Booth Re-Signs for Two Years
Fayetteville FireAntz

Fayetteville, NC - The Fayetteville FireAntz of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) announced today that Head Coach Derek Booth has re-signed with the FireAntz to stay on as head coach for two more years.

Booth, who has a 63-43-6 record in his first two seasons, is the FireAntz all-time leader in coaching victories. He was also named SPHL Coach of the Year for the 2004-05 season, his first season as a head coach.

"The end of last season was very frustrating for myself and the team," Booth said. "We have 37 seconds to correct and I look forward to the opportunity to improve."

The FireAntz lost game three of their first round matchup with the Florida Seals on a Robert Sich goal with 37 seconds remaining in the 3rd period. The FireAntz lost the game 1-0. They outscored the Seals 9-4 in the three games, but lost the series two games to one.

"I know I still have a lot to learn behind the bench," Booth said. "Now I've got two more years to continue to improve as a coach and lead this team to a championship. That is my goal."

Booth becomes the first head coach in FireAntz history to sign a contract for longer than one season. Details of the contract were not released, per club policy.

© Press release & logo copyright by respective leagues/teams.
© All other content - Copyright by intotheboards.net

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Great news and congrats to Coach Booth and his family. Good job front office way to make it happen.
GO FORCE and ICE

Return to “SPHL”