Fayetteville Guard Season Thread

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:24 pm

4-0!!!!! I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK'S GAME!!!!!! WE ARE GONNA TAKE IT TO Osceola!!!!!
GO GUARD, 6-1 looking at 7-1" this weekend!

FayGuard06
Site Admin

Support

Post by FayGuard06 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:48 am

I want to start out by saying THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to those who wholeheartedly support the team. We've come a long way and we know that we still have quite a bit of work to do. We know that we got off to a rocky start last year and we also know that this year isn't going as smoothly as we anticipated. That being said, the rest of this post goes out to those who like to criticize or who may have ideas or thoughts about the way the team is being run and promoted....call Bobby Jackson, the GM @ 583-0213*. He is more than willing to listen to what you have to say. The only other thing that I can say is that there were serious computer problems in the front office that may have prohibited emails from being received and/or read.....for that, we apologize. It was something that was beyond our control. Also, as I am sure most of you are aware, there was turnover in the front office and unfortunately, this is not just something that you can throw someone into and expect them to hit the ground running........this whole thing is new to alot of people and with a little time, patience and SUPPORT, I'm sure that the operation will run as smoothly and efficiently as we all anticipate.

I know that I have probably just jumped into the fire :) , but just wanted you all to know that we are listening to and taking into consideration the things that you have to say.

Thanks again for your continued support and we'll see you on the 22nd at the Crown Coliseum as we continue our winning streak against Osceola!

*consent given by Bobby Jackson

GO GUARD!!!!!!!!!!!

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:45 pm

Way to Go FG06, Glad to see that someone from the front office is on here and realizes you have support on here. We do tend to be a bit rough at times on here so don't take it personal. Hope you guys get plenty of people to the game this weekend. I can't say more about getting the troops on Bragg the chance to come to a game. Last year I know the bus picked up around 20 or so SC National Guard guys and they enjoyed it from what they told me. I have sent out emails to people I know in the area that like Football. I am not in F'ville but I tell as many people about it as possible. Hope your front office is working every ave. possible we need about 5-10K fans and let those in FLA know that we support our team. Mike4 change to "4-0 looking at 5-0" this week. Later Drew.

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:40 am

Thanks Drew for reminding me! :)

niflfan
Site Admin

voice of reason

Post by niflfan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:20 am

Sorry to throw a wet blanket on the party here, but someone has to bring a little dose of reality here. Here's the deal, the Guard have essentially played one team with any real talent (Osceola), and probably should have lost that game. Their average starting field position was over mid-field. Do you honestly think Osceola will allow that to happen again? Rest assured, Fayetteville probably has the best running back in the league, and Walter Ford is superb, but after that....? The quarterback is average at best. Rapid City, River City, Lakeland, Osceola, Billings all possess deeper talent.

Reality check, four weeks against three bad opponents don't make a season!

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:37 am

To the New NIFLFAN, (Last Post)
In this league anything can happen and it's not over until that last tick of the clock is gone. From your comments you think we have not played anyone yet, but at this stage in the season to win on the road, four games is a big deal to anyone. From what I can remember from your post is that other teams have more depth and talent by their wins and losses, which are few. Look at who they have played, and where they were played at. The teams you mentioned have played at home against teams I would consider subpar too. So don't prop them up until they win close ones on the road. That can sometimes show true character and the will to win. Rapid City has played some no name teams, Oceola is bragging about a forfit over a team who does not have a place to play in as well as wins over teams we have beat, Lakeland won't play anyone until they play us so another team with non value added wins, River City might be a sleeper and I think they are a good team, so get all the facts and then make a decision. You are right by saying four wins doesn't make a season but it sure helps down the road.

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:38 am

^^^ What he said. Niflfan, how about you wait a few more weeks before you start making assumptions. It's too early in the season for that.

jimbo32712
Site Admin

Whats with the website?

Post by jimbo32712 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:28 am

Theres like nothing there! No pictures very little useful info.. The arena does look nice though..They should have more pics of the team and the atmosphere...We havent had big crowds in Osceola but we do have plenty of atmosphere and fun. There are plenty of photos and even a short movie to show it!
http://www.myspace.com/osceolafootball
http://www.osceolafootball.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLShv6XRunw
Last edited by jimbo32712 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:30 am

jimbo32712 , how can you judge us on the atmosphere and having fun ...we haven't played a game at home yet this season until this weekend..why don't you come so we can show you what a real atmosphere and having fun is really about.

FayGuard06
Site Admin

The Website

Post by FayGuard06 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:28 am

Jimbo
In response to your website question, it is being worked on and hopefully should be done soon. If you read my previous post, the part where I said "we know that we have alot of work to do", includes getting the website up to par.

Thanks!

Go Guard!!!

Return to “NIFL”