Ultimate Indoor Football League

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:42 am

[quote=""50 Yard Fan""]Andrew has operated minor league sports teams in Basketball, Arena Football, and Hockey for the past 10 years.[/quote]

How many lasted more than a year or two?

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

UIFL Announces Esposito as Commissioner

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:42 pm

April 13, 2010, Canton, OH – After hundreds of conference calls, flights and late nights the UIFL is proud to name Mike Esposito as their Commissioner. Co-founders Andrew Haines and Michael Taylor knew that this was a key position in their philosophy of the success of the UIFL. They could not have picked a better person with the familiarity of the football business. As a coach Esposito compiled a 56-5 record as a head coach and put together football games that not only sold out arenas but were similar to the atmosphere of rock concerts. “It was truly amazing to see the work he did in Cincinnati and Erie, Esposito took franchises that were new and needed band aids and created a winning lottery ticket for his owners and cities. We really wanted Mike, his experience is phenomenal”, Haines stated.

“I want to thank Andrew and Michael for their confidence they have in me. I am truly excited to hit the floor running with the duties of the UIFL Commissioner. Their philosophy is truly cutting edge and the success rate will be 100 % for all cities. There are many orders of business that are due quickly that I want to attend to ensure our inaugural season is top notch”.

Esposito plans to post a weekly video to the UIFL website for all fans, coaches and cities alike to keep all people on top of the league news and information. His other duties will be related to many facets of the football operations, “Mike is a stickler for detail and we know he will make sure that the over all product of players, coaches and officials will be of the utmost professionalism, we are so excited to move forward now, added Michael Taylor

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:55 am

Espo's always been good people, but boy can he pick 'em. First Rapid City under Bruce Bailey, then a Haines operation with Hodas in Erie, then Haines again. Apparently he's the one person Haines paid.

The UIFL will be very top notch. Or, at least as top notch as you can get without actually paying for anything.
Last edited by exit322 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
What are you doing here?

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) comes to Johnstown, PA

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Tue May 04, 2010 11:39 pm

May 4, 2010, Canton, OH - The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) is proud to announce that Johnstown, Pennsylvania is the first expansion market for the 2011 season. The Johnstown team will play seven regular season home games at the Cambria County War Memorial Arena that has a capacity of 4,000 fans and numerous Luxury Suites.

"SMG is excited to bring Arena football back to the Cambria County War Memorial Arena; on behalf of the Cambria County War Memorial Arena Authority and Cambria County, we are proud to welcome the Ultimate Indoor Football League to Johnstown. The UIFL is an excellent opportunity for SMG to continue to provide quality entertainment for the community." Timothy Landis General Manager of the Cambria County War Memorial Arena, and SMG Managed facility stated on Tuesday.

UIFL Co-Founder Michael Taylor stated, "We are excited to bring arena football back to Johnstown. SMG has been great to work with, and we both share the same enthusiasm to make the UIFL work in Johnstown. The UIFL business model was created to help keep cost down for team owners, so they can be in business for long term success. We strive to be the most fan friendly professional sports league in the country."

The Johnstown team is holding a name the team contest, people who submit the winning name will get a free ticket to the home opener, and one lucky winner will be selected and win season tickets. To suggest a name, visit http://www.theuifl.com. A local press conference will be held at a later date to formally announce the team, logo, ownership group, ticket pricing, and more!

http://www.theuifl.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=84

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Wed May 05, 2010 3:35 am

I heard about this today saw it was a joomla website and immediately thought Haines before I saw the press release. I honestly hope this works out and I'd like to see Haines actually have something work out long term. Can't fault the man for heart its just his other ventures haven't ended too well.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:39 pm

If he weren't someone that Carolyn Shiver barred from the NIFL before the UIF split...you've got to try to be on that list.

You can't fault the man, except that he's the reason they all failed.
What are you doing here?

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 pm

[quote=""Geoff""]I heard about this today saw it was a joomla website and immediately thought Haines before I saw the press release. I honestly hope this works out and I'd like to see Haines actually have something work out long term. Can't fault the man for heart its just his other ventures haven't ended too well.[/quote]

Are you CRAZY. I can fault him. He is a LIAR who STEALS. I was smart enough to quit after my FIRST pay check was missed. He asked me to lie to MANY "investors" which he was simply going to take a "franchise deposit" from and then give them NOTHING in return for except bills that he ALREADY ran up.

Here is an example con. Establish an "equipment deal" which means each owner is REQUIRED by the league to spend XX,XXX dollars with a vendor. In return they promise to give Haines a league "sponsorship". We are a straight up bribery con!

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Thu May 06, 2010 5:49 am

You can fault him but he seems to actually care about the sports themselves so you cant fault him for his heart.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Thu May 06, 2010 6:14 am

Geoff, that's a nice gesture on your behalf. It really is.

But I must respectfully disagree. After the AIFL and the MAHL debacles, Andrew Haines should not be around minor league sports unless he has all the money upfront.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Thu May 06, 2010 1:51 pm

[quote=""Geoff""]You can fault him but he seems to actually care about the sports themselves so you cant fault him for his heart.[/quote]

When he started the MAHL he did not know how many players where on the ice.

HE is a CON MAN!!!!!!!

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”