Puerto Rico has just dropped out of the PBL

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Well, well, well...A little digging and what do I hear?????? Did someone try to get press credentials to the PBL tryouts and was denied because they are NOT the press. Now it make sense why Kenny is so upset at the PBL.....

Shameful Ken just Shameful

Those are words from the guy who runs the league with "stayng power" as you like to refer to Ken. " shameful" LOL

confused
Site Admin

Post by confused » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:20 pm

A1, you must be a reporter by trade. You come up with some crazy things. Thanks for keeping this board going. I kind of think you are fond of Ken. Just kind of wondering why preeths won't answer some of the questions asked of him. He has the insight, and I am trying to learn. Maybe he is looking into it. It looks like to me he does not like the IBL, we can respect that. I wish he could respect Ken,s feelings about the PBL. It's all good information.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 pm

[quote=""Darrenpuppa""]How would know about this? Just shameful, you're keyboard warrior that wouldn't say a peep if you saw Ken in person.[/quote]

Not only that, but his allegations are quite false.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: I said wrong at first. False is more accurate than the word wrong.

one way
Site Admin

Post by one way » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:35 pm

It is quite obvious. A1 is so threatened by Ken

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:40 am

[quote=""preeths""]It really looks as if you're inconsistent with your standards. You first have no issue giving the ABA a pat on the back for "staying power," and are willing to overlook everything else wrong with that league just to take a shot at the PBL. You then reintroduce your "red flag" criteria, again just to take shots at the PBL. You continue to extol the virtues of the ABA by conveniently ignoring the league as whole to focus on one "pod."

You're not telling us anything we don't already know. You think you're Kreskin for predicting the demise of the CBA? The writing was on the wall after Thomas blew his chance with the NBA. Everything after that was just trying to save a sinking ship. What evidence is there that the IBEL is anything but vaporware? It obviously wasn't an option for BC last year. Let's talk about the other minor leagues out there, particularly the options BC had last year. What about the IBL? BC could have stayed. What about the ABA? If you're going to talk about league red flags, let's see them all listed using consistent standards, not your usual hit-and-run potshots.[/quote]

I'm giving the ABA a pat on the back for "staying power"?!? Hmmmm, and all this time I thought I was reaching a logical (and obvious) conclusion.

I'm not telling us anything we don't already know?!? There they are again. Who are we and us? Actually, I agree. Everything I've said I've said many times before. That's why it's so easy to find my links and quotes. That's why your line of questioning has been puzzling throughout this thread. Posters usually get bored to tears when I rehash. Thanks for bearing with me.

What evidence is there that the IBEL is anything but vaporware?!? None, to my knowledge. However, there is a poster that seems to think the IBEL is the best thing since microwave popcorn was invented. It's all in the link I provided. The following is from that IBEL link:
[quote=""Ken, Steelheads fan""]Well, I meant personal Facebook and MySpace pages. When I went to the team Facebook link you provided, I didn't get a hit on the first league contact person I typed-in. It's great that they want financial information on potential owners, but potential owners should know as much about THEM upfront. Someone shouldn't have to call the league execs to learn details about them.

I don't think these guys can be compared to the IBL. At least the IBL has something. These guys had a camp and will have another camp, then they will play games in a gym (the same gym, by the way) to justify having these camps.

Nope, this isn't a regional league. Only regional in aspirations. It's more like skins vs. shirts then let's go have a beer afterward.[/quote]
I guess this means we agree on the IBEL now?!? I included this league because it raises more red flags than a N.I.U. home game (thanks ABARWB). You specified leagues without red flags then leagues with fewer red flags. Remember? I said all leagues except these three.

The options BC had last year?!? The Knights should have sat the season out and regrouped, IMO. Plants were closing and jobs were being lost left and right in the Battle Creek area. I see nothing noble about soldiering on in the face of cold hard facts. My comments here sum up my feelings:
//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... ttle+creek

Joining the PBL solved nothing for Battle Creek...and with that, I've gone full circle.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:23 am

I don't think would ever come to chicago traffic, over to the Attack Gym for a camp or tryout. Thats not his thing.

He evaluates from season seats in Gary where he sat up front and close in the executive seats. He is a big shot in Gary. The GM made a point of pointing him out to me and introduced me to Ken.

In Gary, he's the man. On the boards, he's informative, persistent, and sometimes a pain. But he has allowed his hatred for the PBL to discredit himself. I think I call it derainged pbl syndrom, its the same thing those Bush haters had, and now even some of the obama haters.

YOu can't possibly say or imply that the ibl, or aba, is better than the pbl. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, although I am hard pressed to find a strength of the aba.
So this forever non stop drum beat against the pbl is astounding.

The PBL should call Jewell Harris and get the steelheads into the PBL next season.

What then ken, what then?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:25 am

Pick the pronouns you want. Why won't you answer the questions put to you? Why won't you tell me/us the criteria by which you judge leagues? They seem to shift constantly. What are the red flags you see for each league that BC could have chosen? They chose not to sit out a year and start all over (that's the huge red flag with that option), so then take us through each of their league options and let us know the red flags for each.

You misinterpret questions. Here's the key: just because someone questions you, it doesn't mean he agrees with the objects of your critiques. He may simply disagree with you and your approach. Go back through the IBEL thread, and you will see that I was simply questioning your approach, not defending the IBEL. I disagreed with your approach of attempting to suckle at the public teat, etc., but that doesn't mean I like what the IBEL is supposedly doing. The proof is in the pudding; if I thought the IBEL was a legit pro minor league, they'd be on OSC. In regards to the choice made by BC last year, the IBEL is irrelevant to the discussion because they weren't an option at the time.

You're right, you've gone full circle yet again. You're right back to restating your opinion without backing it up with any consistent arguments or criteria. Tell us the criteria you use, and which presumably BC should have used. Tell us the red flags for each league that BC could have considered.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:26 am

[quote=""not so fast""]But he has allowed his hatred for the PBL to discredit himself. [/quote]

And that right there is what I've been getting at.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

You do realize not so fast is yanking my chain...or do you?

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:40 am

Hmmmmm. Hatred??? That's a strong emotion and that's twice now you've applied that emotion to me on the PBL forum. I asked you if it bothered you that I wasn't bashing the ABA. You implied you weren't bothered. Is there something you're not saying?

What criteria causes me to see red flags?!? I'm sure I've answered this question many times in one form or another. Answer: my opinions and past experiences generate the criteria for seeing red flags. For example, a league is not sustainable when the wallet of one man is responsible for the league's revenue. A big red flag in my opinion. You, on the other hand may think this same league has ample revenue streams. You may not see it as a red flag at all. We would have differing opinions. This is a discussion board. People sometimes agree and sometimes disagree.

What are the red flags for each league Battle Creek could have chosen?!? What an odd question considering you already know the PBL is flying the most and largest red flags (IMO). Remember their pie-in-the-sky business model? Actually, there are only two options Battle Creek could have chosen--the PBL and the IBL. The ABA wasn't an option at the time (IMO). The ABA didn't become intriguing to me until the Elkhart Express joined. Remember? I posted the link a few pages ago. This is it again.
//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... 870&page=2
I think the Elkhart Express makes any league better. The Express organization and the community support for Coach Beathea (hometown hero) is impressive.

You want an example of a red flag for the IBL?!? Odd, but here goes. I don't think much of the IBL push for not paying players. Why should the ushers get paid and the players work for free? I see that as a red flag. If a crowd favorite type player isn't bound by a salary, then what keeps the player coming back to entertain the fans? Love of the game? Players need to be paid...something.

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:50 am

Ken, Ken , Ken,,,

You lost all credbility when you started to use the ABA as a measuring stick in evaluating other leagues, So, since you are the expert in what leagues do right and wrong, let me ask you this? Again this is predicated that you seem to like to profess you know red flags,,,,

{Removed by admin}
Last edited by preeths on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unsubstantiated allegation

Return to “PBL”