D league NOT happy with Arcebio.. they are ok with BSN

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

D league NOT happy with Arcebio.. they are ok with BSN

Post by a1sports » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 am

Looks like Arcebio is the renagade team in the BSN. Word has it BSN not happy with them and not just what has happened this year but other offenses prior years. Now D league not happy with what they did with Mr. Simms, bought his rights from D league player pool, verbally offer a contract , then after a few games ( in which he had great numbers) tell him, we are paying you a lot less than agreed to. Thats why Simms left, he wasnt "released". With what has happened with arcebio and the PBL, looks like the PBL business model, ( which doesnt want to hurt teams by hitting them with expansion fees, maintenance fees, and security bonds) might have to change at least one thing. It doesnt matter what the financial situation is of a team if they stand to lose no money for doing things aganist league rules, where the punishment? Time To Have PBL teams put up some $$$$ to insure compliance. Nothing keeps you honest like knowing you have dollars to lose. If the teams cant put up a bond, then they shouldnt be playing. From what I heard through the grape vine, Arcebio just has no respect for any minor league basketball circuit in the US. (For the record BSN does) An example: PBL requested playoff dates from teams weeks ago, Arcebio said, we will give then to you when WE are ready at the end of the season. Doesnt work that way. Hence one of the many reasons they are GONE !

one way
Site Admin

Post by one way » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 pm

what happened to Sims happens all across the globe to many players. This is just not a Puerto Rico thing. The NBDL is happy they got the money for the buy out- then the player is free. Some players leave without the buyout being paid and them FIBA has to step in. Was not the PBL going to be a part of FIBA as of two years ago? What happened to that?

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:02 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]Looks like Arcebio is the renagade team in the BSN. Word has it BSN not happy with them and not just what has happened this year but other offenses prior years. Now D league not happy with what they did with Mr. Simms, bought his rights from D league player pool, verbally offer a contract , then after a few games ( in which he had great numbers) tell him, we are paying you a lot less than agreed to. Thats why Simms left, he wasnt "released". With what has happened with arcebio and the PBL, looks like the PBL business model, ( which doesnt want to hurt teams by hitting them with expansion fees, maintenance fees, and security bonds) might have to change at least one thing. It doesnt matter what the financial situation is of a team if they stand to lose no money for doing things aganist league rules, where the punishment? Time To Have PBL teams put up some $$$$ to insure compliance. Nothing keeps you honest like knowing you have dollars to lose. If the teams cant put up a bond, then they shouldnt be playing. From what I heard through the grape vine, Arcebio just has no respect for any minor league basketball circuit in the US. (For the record BSN does) An example: PBL requested playoff dates from teams weeks ago, Arcebio said, we will give then to you when WE are ready at the end of the season. Doesnt work that way. Hence one of the many reasons they are GONE ![/quote]

Don't start trashing Puerto Rico Arcebio now. If most of this information was known about them beforehand, then why did the PBL accept them with open arms? No due diligence, right?

The entire PBL business model needs to be scrapped (IMO), but I agree with you wholeheartedly on the security bond for all teams. However, do you really think the PBL will have teams if a security bond is required? I can't see teams like Buffalo, Vermont, Manchester, and Halifax (yes, Halifax) posting a hefty security bond. Just keeping it real.

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:28 pm

I agree with Ken. Why bash Puerto Rico now? How funny!! Where are all the guys saying the the PBL was expanding to Puerto Rico? Everone who is involved with FIBA, overseas conytracts and overseas teams, knows that this is how many South American countries act. They shuffle players in and out, they do things there way, and they take care of their product. And they play a very solid game of basketball. But the PBL did not bother to ask or become educated in the ways of some of these teams, therefore now they pay the consequences. Egg on their face. Instaed of taking responsiblity for not doing their homework, they point the finger at someone else

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:14 pm

Puerto Rico is not in South America.

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks teach, but the points remain the same

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Puerto Rico is also as of right now a territory of the United States.
Last edited by LightningMan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 pm

way to hijack a thread

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Puerto Rico is also the subject of this thread.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:22 pm

My point was that I am under the (perhaps misguided) perception that the BSN is considered more stable than most of the South American leagues.

Return to “PBL”