Puerto Rico has just dropped out of the PBL

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:44 pm

BTW, can you elaborate on the $1,200 travel reimbursement? What was that for exactly?
Last edited by preeths on Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minorleagfan09
Site Admin

Post by minorleagfan09 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:58 pm

These PRs are great if you like minor league drama, but airing your dirty laundry is never good for business. All the PBL should have done was issue a short PR that stated the Capitanes broke the league rules and were removed or suspended from the league. Handle all the drama internally. Focus on why the PBL is better than other leagues because they handle these situations... and make sure the fans get taken care of. Focus on the positive... rip the negative off like a band aide and move on. And in the future brainstorm and take preventative steps to make sure a similar situation does not arise.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:11 pm

you hit the nail right on the head. The is the biggest problem with the PBL, they run their league through the message boards

Aaronhere
Site Admin

Post by Aaronhere » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:36 pm

[quote=""basketball facts""]you hit the nail right on the head. The is the biggest problem with the PBL, they run their league through the message boards[/quote]

I nominate the PBL for the 2010 NIFL Legacy Award for League Managment. Previous winners:
2009 - CBA (by a nose over the ABA)
2008 - ABA
2007 - ABA
2006 - ABA
2005 - ABA
2004 - ABA
2003 - NIFL
2002 - NIFL
2001 - XFL
2000 - NIFL

This year's award dinner will be held in Joe's basement - $10,000 gets you a ticket and a franchise. Guest speakers include:
* Isaiah Thomas
* Carolyn Shiver
* Vince McMahon
* Donald Trump
America's Real Team
http://www.packershistory.net

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 pm

[quote=""basketball facts""]you hit the nail right on the head. The is the biggest problem with the PBL, they run their league through the message boards[/quote]
What exactly do you mean by saying they run their league through message boards?

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:41 pm

[quote=""minorleagfan09""]These PRs are great if you like minor league drama, but airing your dirty laundry is never good for business.[/quote]
And yet, had they not issued a press release, there are those who would cry for transparency. It seems to me, they've done what you needed to do: admit it happened, get in front of the story, move on.

Now, are they blameless? I don't know. If I had to bet, I'd bet against. But again, if the facts even approximate what they've released, what else could they have done?

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:49 pm

E-Mail the BC owner. His e-mail is listed on one of the post. Call those places, they will tell you they have not been paid. Lightningman, call those places. Why would I, Sonnie and now Time Out share these things? Myself, I just want people to know the truth. I have also said, try and find something negative about the BC owners. You can't, cause they did things the right way. In the 6 years they owned the team, find one player that did not get paid or there check bounced. Find a vendor that was not paid. You can't. Look forward to hearing from Preeths after he has made his phone call's. Why would you believe what Doyle is saying is the truth. Is it not funny that you have not heard anything from PR. There is more to this then what we have been told by Doyles press release. PR has been told not to say anything in public while this case is pending.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 pm

Juniper, the crux of the issue has always been "Did the PBL promise what you say they promised?" No one here wants unpaid bills or broken promises. But until now, no one has even come close to corroborating that the PBL reneged on their promise.

For me it's not an emotional issue. It's a simple issue of fact. Did the PBL promise this money and renege?

As to me personally looking into it, it seems that Preeths has decided to do so, so I will leave it to him and see what he has to say.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 pm

If someone wants to talk about the BC situation for the ten thousandth time then I'll post about it in another thread, but I'm not going to help derail this one.

-----
I think that people are really jumping on the wrong thing here. The problem is not the decision that the PBL made this week to expell the Capitanes. They had no real choice but to do so given the circumstances.

The problem that we should be focused on (and that more importantly the PBL should be focused on) is that a situation where these problems could come up was allowed to exist. The lack of performance bonds, a viable footprint, discplinary structures outside of expulsion, a reasonable and fair governance structure and a neutral commissioner could have all been put into place and dramatically reduced the likelyhood that the PR situation would even happen. The lack of these things are the issue, not the PBL's decision to dismiss PR.

minorleagfan09
Site Admin

Post by minorleagfan09 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:17 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]And yet, had they not issued a press release, there are those who would cry for transparency. [/quote]

Seriously did you read the contents of my post? A press release to inform the public is fine. Actually it is great. That wasn't a press release informing the public. That was a written version of a soap opera on a spanish channel.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.

Return to “PBL”