2010 WBA Draft Selections

The World Basketball Association (WBA) forum
wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:09 pm

World Basketball Association Exposure League Announces Draft Selections, ABOG Partnership

1st Round:

Franklin Knights - Anthony Bennett 5'9 PG

Florida Flight - Jacob Carver 5'11 PG

Marietta Storm - Scott Mennicke 5'11 PG

Jacksonville Bluewaves - Rodney Walker 6'6 SF

Gwinnett Majic - Will Lewis 6'6 SF

Tupelo Rock & Rollers - Brandon Hudson- 6'10 C

Decatur Courtkings - Derek Brooks 6'4 SG

2nd Round:

Decatur Courtkings - Robert Bankhead 5'11 PG

Tupelo Rock & Rollers - Andrew Martin 6'3 SG

Gwinnett Majic - Aramis phillips 6'4 SG

Jacksonville Bluewaves - Drey Wingate 6'2 SG

Marietta Storm - Tyler Simms 6'3 PG

Florida Flight - Ryen Phipps 6'0 PG

Franklin Knights - Derek George 6'5 PF

All draftees will be contacted by their respective teams and invited to pre-season camp to earn an active roster spot.

At the conclusion of the draft, the Florida Flight added an additional roster prospect by acquiring the rights to Tyler Simms from the Marietta Storm for a 2nd round pick in 2011.

minorleagfan09
Site Admin

Post by minorleagfan09 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:55 pm

[quote=""wellington""][img]

At the conclusion of the draft, the Florida Flight added an additional roster prospect by acquiring the rights to Tyler Simms from the Marietta Storm for a 2nd round pick in 2011.[/quote]

Ok this gave me a pretty good chuckle. So if the Storm aren't around next year does Mark get his pick back? On a serious note though with 7 teams there and 14 picks total almost half of those in attendance got drafted. only one of the draftees had any size (6-7 to 7-0 ft). is it a 6'6 and under league?

Also did these guys go to college? Why not list their schools.
Last edited by minorleagfan09 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.

misenern
Site Admin

Post by misenern » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 pm

[quote=""minorleagfan09""]Ok this gave me a pretty good chuckle. So if the Storm aren't around next year does Mark get his pick back? On a serious note though with 7 teams there and 14 picks total almost half of those in attendance got drafted. None of the draftees had any size (6-7 to 7-0 ft). is it a 6'6 and under league?[/quote]

That aside, are any of these players remotely good? I looked up the Flight's guy and I couldnt find ANYTHING on him. What level is WBA ball on?

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:31 am

What I've found so far ...

[quote=""wellington""]Image
1st Round:

Franklin Knights - Anthony Bennett 5'9 PG

Florida Flight - Jacob Carver 5'11 PG

Marietta Storm - Scott Mennicke 5'11 PG

Jacksonville Bluewaves - Rodney Walker 6'6 SF

Gwinnett Majic - Will Lewis 6'6 SF Clayton St 08-09 28gms, 215pts, 108rbs, 36ast, 07-08 34gms, 267pts, 130rbs, 46ast

Decatur Courtkings - Derek Brooks 6'4 SG Lander? 04-05, 05-06

2nd Round:

Decatur Courtkings - Robert Bankhead 5'11 PG Harris-Stowe St 07-08 27gms, 223pts, 49rbs, 80ast, 06-07 13gms, 105pts, 22rbs, 15ast, Missouri Baptist 04-05 2gms 0,1,0

Tupelo Rock & Rollers - Andrew Martin 6'3 SG

Gwinnett Majic - Aramis phillips 6'4 SG

Jacksonville Bluewaves - Drey Wingate 6'2 SG Mobile 08-09 10, 8, 4, 4, 07-08 8, 0, 2, 0

Marietta Storm - Tyler Simms 6'3 PG Trinity (CT)? 05-06, 06-07, 07-08

Florida Flight - Ryen Phipps 6'0 PG Bradley 09-10 8, 7, 5, 1, 08-09 3, 0, 2, 0, 07-08 11, 4, 3, 5, 06-07 8, 2, 1, 0

Franklin Knights - Derek George 6'5 PF

All draftees will be contacted by their respective teams and invited to pre-season camp to earn an active roster spot.

At the conclusion of the draft, the Florida Flight added an additional roster prospect by acquiring the rights to Tyler Simms from the Marietta Storm for a 2nd round pick in 2011.[/quote]

minorleagfan09
Site Admin

Post by minorleagfan09 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 am

[quote=""misenern""]Tupelo Rock & Rollers - Brandon Hudson- 6'10 C

That aside, are any of these players remotely good? I looked up the Flight's guy and I couldnt find ANYTHING on him. What level is WBA ball on?[/quote]

Yea at first glance I read him at 6'1. Anyways a few years ago I'd say outside of NBA summer league the WBA was tops. Now I'm not so sure. Since I'm planning to check out a camp coming up I'm just trying to get it all figured out.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:44 am

I was just on the florida flight website again. I watched marks video of himself. And his video with his jesus ministries. I don't know where to start. I will say this, at least mark is not out there like those militias trying to kill cops. However, I think his bio to the kids sounds more like Jeff Hornecek, who by the way, his high school coach here in Illinois told him he was not good enough to play in college.

I do have a few questions. Mark says he was paid to play, What team paid Mark to play basketball?

And I thought the WBA league rules prohibit owners from playing. Is this not true?

And were those inner city kids in Florida given free tickets to see the Flight play? and does and 8 year old really care about international basketball? And those kids are used to watching The Orlando magic play on TV. Will the flight really hold their interest?

And how come Mark was not in the draft? Will the WBA draft be on TV tape delay like the PBL was?

And one last thing, is there any video of Mark playing anywhere for us to see?

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:53 am

[quote=""not so fast""]I was just on the florida flight website again. I watched marks video of himself. And his video with his jesus ministries. I don't know where to start. I will say this, at least mark is not out there like those militias trying to kill cops. However, I think his bio to the kids sounds more like Jeff Hornecek, who by the way, his high school coach here in Illinois told him he was not good enough to play in college.

I do have a few questions. Mark says he was paid to play, What team paid Mark to play basketball?

And I thought the WBA league rules prohibit owners from playing. Is this not true?

And were those inner city kids in Florida given free tickets to see the Flight play? and does and 8 year old really care about international basketball? And those kids are used to watching The Orlando magic play on TV. Will the flight really hold their interest?

And how come Mark was not in the draft? Will the WBA draft be on TV tape delay like the PBL was?

And one last thing, is there any video of Mark playing anywhere for us to see?[/quote]
Huh? Besides a couple of cynical/sarcastic questions, what does any of this have to do with the WBA draft? If you are so enamored with Mark King start your own thread.

one way
Site Admin

Post by one way » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:45 am

With this draft full of misfits and bums, the point is that people do not pay their hard earned money to watch bad basketball players playing bad basketball in some rinky dink high school gym or rec center. People want to see seven footers and players that they watched in the NCAA tournament, not guys who played in the Peach Belt conference and who stared at Clayton State. Nobody wants to see this. On a hot summer night in Florida where you could fishing, or walking along the beach, or going to an air conditioned movie theater, or one hundered other things you could be doing, why would you circle the calander and go watch the Flight led by 5'11 Jacob Carver? Big rivalry- here comes the Decatur Courtkings led by Robert Bankhead 5'11 PG Harris-Stowe St. I can't wait......not

BasketballGuru
Site Admin

Post by BasketballGuru » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 am

Again people if you want to talk about Mark King start your own thread like Wellington suggested. Leave this guy alone! He is doing what he wants to do and that is following his dreams. Its time to move on and talk about the WBA draft.
Last edited by BasketballGuru on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

one way
Site Admin

Post by one way » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:27 pm

That post summed up the WBA draft and the WBA as a whole.

Return to “WBA”