Another one????

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
TALONS100
Site Admin

Another one????

Post by TALONS100 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Last edited by TALONS100 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:25 pm

This officially makes the IFL the third best indoor league:

1. AIFA "the premiere indoor league"
2. CIFL
3. IFL
4. SIFL

TALONS100
Site Admin

Post by TALONS100 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:16 pm

Hey Caballo, you said you call out all leagues equally and yet the man of 1,000,000 comments has nothing at all to say about another ifl team going down????

daytonadan
Site Admin

Uh, Tally

Post by daytonadan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Since you've been outed as the son of an AFL owner, it's best you keep your mouth shut since your actions reflect on the Talons and the AFL. Just go up to Daddy's skybox, eat some overpriced wings and let the trolls bash each other brains in.It's a lot more fun.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:33 pm

[quote=""TALONS100""]Hey Caballo, you said you call out all leagues equally and yet the man of 1,000,000 comments has nothing at all to say about another ifl team going down????[/quote]

very true.....all of a sudden....Caballo has no comment......hmmmm

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:46 pm

Over/under on Steve's response: 750 words by 9pm pst
Former Hall Monitor
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 am

[quote=""daytonadan""]Over/under on Steve's response: 750 words by 9pm pst[/quote]

I'll take the over plus 3 quote boxes.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:58 am

Haha, you guys are still very entertaining.

I don't know enough facts to make a valid opinion, but since the audience has requested my appearence it just wouldn't be nice to refuse. ;)

If it turns out this ownership group was aware of the difficulties causing this, then that's not good. If it's a financial problem it seems the league should have been aware far earlier than this. Are they backing out because they're under funded or, ticket and sponsorship/advertising deals fell well below anticipated?

These would be unacceptable and taint their professioanliam and possibly taint the market.

The article I read said it was a private personal family matter that suddenly arose. I realize articles are full of B.S. and twisted facts, so I don't know if it's true or not. But if it is.............

Last year in the SIFL there were supposed to be two Houston teams. The story was the owner of the 2nd team that never materialized had a sudden serious health issue, in fact life threatening and his family convinced him it would be best to forgo the 2009 season and see how this issue played out.

If true, I feel it was very justified to cancel/postpone the franchise.

Back to Colorado. If the report of a serious family issue is the reason then it's probably justified. The owner has said he actually had little to do with running the franchise and he has put them up for sale instead of just pulling the plug. We'll have to see what happens if no investors step up.

Everyone has different opinions, so what would a valid family problem be? A disease was found in a close family member that will take lots of time, energy and emotions out of the family? A death? A run a way child having troubles with the law, drugs, alcohol? A divorce? So on and so forth...........

Bottom line, in my opinion there are valid and invalid reasons. At this point I don't know the real reason and will give the family the benefit of doubt instead of hammer them from afar just to pretend another league is better.

Talons, could you think of some personal, health, or family matters that could persuade your dad from getting out of the business? God forbid, but What happens when he or his wife's health becomes poor or even death? Will you just inherit the team along with the dealership and keep it running as if nothing has changed?

I can't answer the question fully until I know the facts.

Sorry Dan, I responded before 9pm but under 450 words. :D

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:59 am

[quote=""indoor fan""]I'll take the over plus 3 quote boxes.[/quote]

You lose, PAY DA MAN!

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:09 am

I'm the house on this one Steve.
Former Hall Monitor

Return to “IFL”