the ABL Circus Show

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

the ABL Circus Show

Post by a1sports » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Notes from the ABL start up Conference call:

SO while in the ABA, Nelson and Tucker are starting up the ABL. WHat a sham show they put on.

Truax doing all the talking, maybe I counted 6-8 people on the call. An owner from a town in mexico, someone from Texas, Nelson from SE Texas.
Truax taling about , 50k to enter league, 100K bond, 75 k per year maintenance fee to league office per team. Heres where the comedy kicks in...Nelson and tucker asking Truax questions like they are very interested...LOL. what a joke , this was a Joe N production all the way. Nothing will come of this...and the Best line of the whole conference call>>>> Tucker and Nelson saying that when the NBA does their lock-out..they will have all the NBA talent to sign and people will watch the ABL.
Very Shotty conference call and with truax in charge your guaranteed a failure at best ( see USBL, CBA). Nelson will probably own the 4 teams.
Surprised that Joe N hasnt bounced SE TExas out, but then again Nelson is paying for the rec league championship.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:03 pm

The word is "shoddy".

bdyer
Site Admin

Question

Post by bdyer » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:05 am

Does the PBL have conference calls you eavesdrop on and gossip about too?

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:32 am

[quote=""bdyer""]Does the PBL have conference calls you eavesdrop on and gossip about too?[/quote]
Yes, they do and yes, he does talk about them.

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:47 am

Last PBL owners conference call:

Nothing much except trying to fix Cres statistics gameday software problem.
Getting dates in for play-offs deadline approaching. Reminding a few teams about supplying game day CD to the visiting team right after the game.

OldSchoolBaller
Site Admin

Post by OldSchoolBaller » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:41 am

It is extremely obvious A1 is a patsy for the PBL. It seems like A1's goal in life was to bring down the ABA. Now I see A1 is bashing the ABL and the ABL hasn't even started yet. What business does A1 have ease dropping on a ABL conference call anyway? You know A1 is NOT interested in starting a team anywhere. A1's sole purpose is to bash, smear and attempt to destroy any minor league basketball team that is NOT the PBL. I wonder why? A1 you have been EXPOSED for what you are and your agenda.

bdyer
Site Admin

Post by bdyer » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 am

[quote=""LightningMan""]Yes, they do and yes, he does talk about them.[/quote]

[quote=""a1sports""]Last PBL owners conference call:

Nothing much except trying to fix Cres statistics gameday software problem.
Getting dates in for play-offs deadline approaching. Reminding a few teams about supplying game day CD to the visiting team right after the game.[/quote]Thanks a lot!

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Joe has destroyed minor league basketball in the USA. Hes a liar. We know that. The damage to players not being paid, vendors money taken, season ticket holder money dissapearing, promises of paying for this and that from Joes mouth that didnt happen,We ALL know Joe has scorched the minor league basketball arena. I dont believe Paul R when he says OLD fool BAller is pulling our legs with his posts. His posts smell to much like Joe or one of his cronies. OLD Fool has something to gain by being so pasionate, and that could be the Joe N rule of ripping people off by using those three initials. WHy else be so pasionate....so Old fool, shame on you and your unethical and immoral postings of proctecting a scam that you are involved in. The evidence is overwhleming that the ABA is a scam, yet either you cant read or your in this to bilk people out of money. I believe the latter, DIdnt you post on CNN blog that " at least pimps provide jobs" ? or was it the MSNBC blog that you wrote, " drug dealers are keeping the auto industry alive by purchasing new cadillacs and they should be left alone"?

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:42 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]Joe has destroyed minor league basketball in the USA.[/quote]

To be fair, minor league basketball has never been a very well cat in this country, and it's still going on. He hasn't "destroyed" it, but he has made it difficult for anyone to do business at it.
Hes a liar. We know that.
Absolutely 100% true and verifiable.
The damage to players not being paid, vendors money taken, season ticket holder money dissapearing, promises of paying for this and that from Joes mouth that didnt happen,We ALL know Joe has scorched the minor league basketball arena.
Certainly hasn't made it easy for anyone who wants to do it the right way.

The thing is...there don't seem to be a lot of people who want to do it the right way. And there seems to be no lack of former ballers/hip-hop promoters who want to call themselves pro basketball team owners willing to pony up without doing due diligence on the man and the league. Caveat emptor.
I dont believe Paul R when he says OLD fool BAller is pulling our legs with his posts. His posts smell to much like Joe or one of his cronies.
Crony, probably. Joe's old, I'm not sure he has the energy.

My guess would be Chichester, given that he has demonstrated the propensity to post here, to be relentless in the face of overwhelming evidence that what he's saying is ludicrous, to be vehemently aggressive towards others, and to be unable to spell.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 am

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]It is extremely obvious A1 is a patsy for the PBL.[/quote]
Except that they don't know who he is either.

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]It seems like A1's goal in life was to bring down the ABA.[/quote]
Probably not his only goal, but he's made no pretensions about wanting Joe to close up shop.

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]Now I see A1 is bashing the ABL and the ABL hasn't even started yet.[/quote]
I am curious about that myself, honestly.

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]What business does A1 have eavesdropping on a ABL conference call anyway?[/quote]
None. But it's what he does.

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]You know A1 is NOT interested in starting a team anywhere.[/quote]
Neither am I. So am I still allowed to talk?

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]A1's sole purpose is to bash, smear and attempt to destroy any minor league basketball team that is NOT the PBL.[/quote]
Nope. He's had comments about other leagues but until the ABL stuff kept the negativity primarily to the ABA.

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]I wonder why? A1 you have been EXPOSED for what you are and your agenda.[/quote]
A1 hasn't been exposed. People have drawn conclusions about him, but no one seems to know definitively who he is or why he cares.

Return to “ABA”