ABA evolves to ABL without Joe

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

ABA evolves to ABL without Joe

Post by a1sports » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:07 am

So the brain trust in SE Texas wants to start a new league, meeting in Feb in Houston. If so smart, why 2 years in the ABA, Looks like Tucker ( life time minor league coach) has the ear of the money man in SE Texas. Who do they hire...its dennis truax of the USBL, CBA, CBL, PBL...now the ABL. Doesnt Joe even care? right under his nose, is SE texas soon to become unethical and immoral? I guess at least the SE texas owner know there is NO ABA license and Joe doesnt not have the right to use it.

Update soon on Judgement trial aganist ABA
Update soon on Chase having no money to run two teams......Nashiville players havent been paid !!!

OldSchoolBaller
Site Admin

The ABL won't work

Post by OldSchoolBaller » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:43 am

So you think it's the owner of the SE Texas ABA Team that is behind the letters that went out to all of the ABA owners regarding starting a new league named the American Basketball League ? Where's your proof? I've received one of those letters and threw it in the trash. The letterhead was cheap and look like it was printed on a $49.00 Lexmark printer. They want $50,000 and a $100,000 line of credit. If they can't even send out a professional looking informational packet (one typed page), then how can they run a professional basketball league? If you are correct that it is the SE TX ABA Team Owner that is behind this new ABL ,I would never get involved with an organization that can't even wait for the season to end before sending out this garbage to fellow teams. I have one word for this " Traitor ". (Disclaimer - I do not know who is behind the ABL and have based this posting on the information provided by A1)

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Disclaimer: We have no proof that OldFoolBlowhard is "involved" with anything more than buying tickets for games.

IndyLegand
Site Admin

Post by IndyLegand » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:21 pm

I assume that OldSchoolBaller is Joe Newman?

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:04 pm

No.1..Tucker cant keep his ego in check and blabbed to a few players and others..so word spread easy.

No. 2 Is it Joe?...well the only similarities are, the lexmark printer which Joe would say on conference calls how a great buy it was long ago and still working and the word "traitor". Next one to speak will be the guy from spain about how bad an idea it is.

Joe knows its over...why hasnt he told the other owners about the cease and desist letters from the NBA? Oh thats right...he hasnt even told his lawyer he got one.
Last edited by a1sports on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:33 pm

[quote=""IndyLegand""]I assume that OldSchoolBaller is Joe Newman?[/quote]

Nah...
Not enough vitriol to be Joe

And OSB seems to get his info from this board rather than from the league (see this post, as well as his surprise at the opening tournament on the schedule)
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:38 pm

[quote=""IndyLegand""]I assume that OldSchoolBaller is Joe Newman?[/quote]

The IP address is from Houston, not Indianapolis.

OldSchoolBaller
Site Admin

Post by OldSchoolBaller » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:14 pm

[quote=""robster2001""]Disclaimer: We have no proof that OldFoolBlowhard is "involved" with anything more than buying tickets for games.[/quote]

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well since everybody in this hate forum receives their information through third hand and fourth hand sources, I find it my duty to share my ABL (worthless) information packet with you. The ABL information packet also contained a copy of Certificate Of Filing of " American Basketball League, LLC " Office Of The Secretary Of State Of Texas, File Number: 801215520

The person who is listed on this document is Ted L Walker. I conducted a Google search and Ted L Walker comes back as being a Houston Attorney.

The person who wrote the ABL solicitation letter identifies himself as Dennis Truax - ABL Commissioner LOL.

Like I said before, " why would anyone want to get involved with an organization (ABL) that has apparently NO loyalty to the league that they are supposedly playing in at the current time? " Just jump ship in the middle of the ocean? This is NO way to set a good example.

BTW, the ABL is asking for a $50,000 franchise fee and a $100,000 line of credit to the beneficiary of the ABL LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! This is funny!

The ABL will be lucky if they get 3 teams for next season. This will NEVER work.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:30 pm

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]Well since everybody in this hate forum...[/quote]
Give it a rest. This forum this year apart from your appearances here (and Tony Chase's) has been about basketball foremost. It's been refreshing that there even was basketball talk here, that the numerous failures this year are not nearly the super-collosal train wrecks of previous years.

But rest assured, TV deals have fallen through, teams have folded, stats have failed to be kept, websites are consistently not updated, and scores have gone unreported, just as they have each of the previous three years that I have been watching this league.

The forum is more basketball focused. Perhaps the league will join suit.

bdyer
Site Admin

Good idea

Post by bdyer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:56 pm

I've been saying the Texas teams could probably go it on their own for awhile. They've had a group of four relatively stable teams for a few seasons. That could be a start.

Return to “ABA”