welcome

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:33 am

bakersfield just dropped to 4 and 15. I am not sure about the decision to leave vermont. At least he would be winning. The d league on a resume is impressive i guess, but if your record is this bad, will it really matter?

Jimmytwotimes
Site Admin

Post by Jimmytwotimes » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Bakersfield would suck if Phil Jackson was coaching them. It's the Clippers and the Warriors affiliate.

bdyer
Site Admin

Post by bdyer » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:56 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]bakersfield just dropped to 4 and 15. I am not sure about the decision to leave vermont. At least he would be winning. The d league on a resume is impressive i guess, but if your record is this bad, will it really matter?[/quote]I think this post might be instructive:[quote=""not so fast""]

You can fire coaches all you want, and I have seen teams do this, but bottom line is talent wins!

One of the great coaches of all time taught me, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap!

One last point, after quebec lost to Rochester last week, they went and signed one of the top guards available, jerimy bell. They did not fire their coach, they got him better talent.[/quote]

Alumni96
Site Admin

Post by Alumni96 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:11 am

ROFLMAO. Schooled with your own quote. That's the message board equivalent of getting posterized. :mrgreen:

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:18 am

Good work, bdyer.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 am

Wow, look at the haters here. Well I only have one question, who is to say these d-league players on his roster are not that good, and for the record, I was well aware of my quote and knew some nice person might think i was contradicting myself, but I also know how hard it is for any player to get in the D league, so I refuse to believe that the players that coach has are these aba level players as some of you are suggesting.

I also believe if you were to ask the d league office (and I think I might) as to is there a big difference in the talent, and are the allocated players distributed equally to all the teams?

When you present me the evidence that the roster of the jam is these guys from some obscure place whose only basketball experience has been playing aau for the dad in danville illinois, then i will agree with you!

Bdyer, you are good with the computer, maybe you can research some talent then for your coach there in bakersfield.

And last I checked, didn't Buffalo win?

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:07 am

And while you are fact checking on me, your bakersfield team just dropped to 4 and 16.

All of you haters, hate on, but these standings speaks for themselves. And all the point I was ever making was that this coach, who did a great job in vermont in the PBL, may be in over his head in the d league. And that it is a different level of player in the d-league.

You guys can excuse it all you want, because I know some of you like him personally, and believe it or not, so do I like him personally.

But we all need to know what are capacities are in life, and our limitations. I tried to coach football once, wow, did I ever suck as a football coach. So now i am an armchair coach for the bears, and boy, from my living room, I am the best coach the bears ever had.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 am

Um, you come on here in a transparent attempt to disparage a coach, and we're the haters? Right...

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:44 am

Well preeths, you have never liked me, which of course I could care less about, but I took the time to do a little research on the players from bakersfield, and found out that their roster is actually pretty good. If this is a bad team then the top teams must be ready now to play the Bulls.

They even have the Dleague 2008 rookie of the year on their roster. Not to mention players with solid overseas experience. I mean they have a player from the university of wisconsin, and I believe thats the big ten, Univeristy of Miami, and on an on.

You shouldnt spend so much time trying to be a mind reader and detective. People can have an opinion and thats our right. Just because you don't like it, you try and mischaracterize what I am saying, and make inferences that I am trying to put the coach down.

I would think a coach would want a honest opinion and not some artifical fan club junkies, praising his every move.

If my opinion is wrong about coach, then I think he will have time this season too prove me wrong!

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:32 am

Sucks to have people hating on you when you are sure you know what you are talking about doesn't it? Ok...back to the bat cave!
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

Return to “PBL”