Who is your team going to choose with their first round pick?

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
TBirdCrazy
Site Admin

Who is your team going to choose with their first round pick?

Post by TBirdCrazy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 pm

just thought it would be fun to see, a few days before the draft, all the fans make a guess as to who you think your team is going to pick with their first round choice...

anyone?

bdyer
Site Admin

not enough info

Post by bdyer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Maybe if there was a list of available players.

TBirdCrazy
Site Admin

Post by TBirdCrazy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 pm

i believe the list comes out today. But I just thought it would strike up some conversation about possible guys coming out...like ...is Courtney Sims coming back and trying to make it up, Will Conroy, etc...such as that...hopefully it will get some banter working...the forums have been pretty dead lately.

bdyer
Site Admin

Post by bdyer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:10 am

I've yet to find a list. I was assuming the Toros would allocate Curtis Jerrells, but I thought a blog said he was going to Europe. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

TBirdCrazy
Site Admin

Post by TBirdCrazy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:50 pm

here is the list:
http://www.nba.com/media/dleague/2009_draft_pool.pdf

Also, allocated players got announced today.

bdyer
Site Admin

Finally

Post by bdyer » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:07 am

Looks like the Toros could use either a scoring SG (especially if Malik Hairston isn't sent down) or a true PF. I don't know much about the rookies in the draft, but among the vets, it would be nice if someone like Scooter McFadgon dropped to them. Carlos Powell's rep may make him available there as well. If they go the PF route, Quemont Greer is undersized but effective. Bryson McKenzie might be a later pick -- he always seemed intriguing but never really got it together.

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:43 pm

If I'm a coach, I am drafting all of the bigs I can with my picks. Good guards and combo players are a dime a dozen, however, bigmen are hard to come by. There may be a diamond in the rough in the 10 or so that appear to be around 7ft. in the draft. :mrgreen:

TBirdCrazy
Site Admin

Post by TBirdCrazy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:04 pm

looks like the rumors have already started...draftexpress already saying:

"Carlos Powell- Proven scorer at the D-League level, will fill it up every night. Rumored to have already received a promise to be drafted #1 overall by Albuquerque."

Gotta love it!

minorleagfan09
Site Admin

Post by minorleagfan09 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if Powell went number one. But the top SF on my board would be Amara Sy.

Another interesting question is where will Latavious Williams go in this draft? He's 18, fresh out of HS, and said screw college. Instead of going overseas he entered the D League draft. He can enter the NBA draft this summer, but this year he is not eligible for an NBA Callup. Lot more work with a younger individual than most teams are used to, but this is exactly what the DLeague should be all about.
Last edited by minorleagfan09 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.

TBirdCrazy
Site Admin

Post by TBirdCrazy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:36 pm

@Minorleagfan - I agree - cant really argue with Carlos Powell...he has proven to be an elite dleague player. I also like Amara...in the few thigns I have read and seen...he looks like he could be very good. You bring up a good point in Latavious...will be very interesting, as you say, to see where he goes. He obviously has great talent, but would a team be willing to take a flyer on him in the first couple of rounds, and pass up already proven people like the Farmer's, Curry's, and such. Truthfully, I could see taking him in the 3rd, and hoping you got a steal, and not a bust. There is a reason Europe did not come calling, even the lower leagues.

I also like Alade Aminu...he is very raw, but screaming with potential. Paul Harris, who has only gotten better...and a sleeper pick Jeral Davis.

Return to “D-League”