2009 PBL National Tryout Combine

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
tmote
Site Admin

Post by tmote » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:23 pm

I followed him on twitter. It seems like it was a good event.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:59 am

Well the camp was a sucess, it was well run, the doc spoke to the players and was very gracious. He is a guy if you meet him, you have to like him. Roughly 75 players were there. several of the teams were there and well represented.

This was there best camp in terms of organization, I mean there was even a consession stand open and you have the great Tim Grover there as well.

I have been a critic of the pbl at times, but I can tell you this, every time I am around the people who run this league, they seem to be very sincere in doing the right thing.

For me, they do care about the players and want to help them succeed.

I guess there has been a lesson in this for me, it is easy to be an arm chair quarterback.
Last edited by not so fast on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALL BETS
Site Admin

Post by ALL BETS » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Hey nsf it was a great camp last year and Doc got up and gave a great talk last year but how many of those players were picked up team and did any of them make the Rodchester team. I guess my point is any one can give a great speech but do they really mean any of it. After talking to alot of kids from last year they were very disapointed because they actual thought they had a good chance to make a team after the great speech

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Well Rochester last year signed a young man i know, and he played all season for them, and they never saw him before the national camp. Last year battle creek did the same thing, signed someone from the camp and he played all season as well.

I will have to wait and see about this year, but players still need to be good enough to make the teams.

I think the league can only do so much. Its up to owners to do their part and hold up to their end of the bargain.

The fact is, the Doc and the Rochester team is the perfect role model of how a franchise should be run, all the others has to do is follow their lead.

sonnie20
Site Admin

Post by sonnie20 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Talk is Cheap!

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:10 pm

move on...you cant let things go. If that is the case, do a little therapy you preach, since your an assistant art therapy guy:

Draw 5 stick figures in blue and also 5 stick figures in red. Have one of the red stick figures throwing a circle toward a hoop and going in. At the top of the paper write 3...2... 1... BUZZZZ. Next to that write. BC 97 Roch 95.
Then study it.

Now dont you feel better? common admit it....ahhhhh yes , your smiling....see. all better now?

Now now ..dont start breaking the crayons....relax...relax....youll eventually get there.

no other writing or drawing on the paper is allowed !!

sonnie20
Site Admin

Post by sonnie20 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Your a good one to talk A1, last time I remember you just bashed Joe again and again and again. So why don't you move on? And my job is Recreation therapy, But your getting closer Oh and I'm still waiting for your brother or Doyle to call or is that another threat that dosen't materalize. It kinda goes back to my last comment Talk Is Cheap!!!!!

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:24 pm

wow..one is a man ruining peoples lives another is a basketball game. Cant seperate the two ? try a little ping- pong.

sonnie20
Site Admin

Post by sonnie20 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Blah, blah,blah.......Take a look in the mirror!

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Where's Nurse Ratched when you need her?

Return to “PBL”