SPHL New Teams

The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) forum
F_CSM
Site Admin

Post by F_CSM » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:46 pm

I'm sorry, did somebody say that the SPHL would be around for another 5-10 years?

"Excuse me, waiter? I'll have what he's having."

adsco
Site Admin

Sphl

Post by adsco » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:52 pm

The SPHL has a far more feasible budget then the UHL, ECHL, and Central League. In fact you will probably see teams from those leagues join the SPHL.

KLM Line
Site Admin

No Ice in Chattanooga

Post by KLM Line » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:30 pm

It was mentioned that Chattanooga is too close to Knoxville to be a viable SPHL option.

Having discussed this with some persons in the organization, they would LOVE to have a team in Chattanooga however there is really no place to play.

The places that exist in Chattanooga don't have facilities for an ice surface. In addtion, the success of some of the SPHL teams has been due to the thrifty management of money and they don't have the cash to install a chiller system in an existing facitlity.

Thus no Chattanooga team in the near future. It's the facility, not the location.

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:46 pm

Well I talked with some richmond fans at our home game Sat night and they said they were a lock for the SPHL next year. Thye have been hearing that some other VA teams might try and come over to the SPHL to help out with overall cost.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:15 pm

adsco wrote:The SPHL has a far more feasible budget then the UHL, ECHL, and Central League. In fact you will probably see teams from those leagues join the SPHL.
Ok, now we're starting to veer back into drug induced fantasies and hallucinations. What CHL team is close enough to the SPHL to make a go of it? Besides Richmond and Roanoke, what UHL teams could hack the travel? ECHL teams dropping down?-the "success" of Pee Dee kind of shoots a hole in that theory.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:47 pm

Well we will have to wait and see what teams do what in the off season. I think we will see some teams from other leagues in the SPHL next year. I am not saying what league is better than the other. I think the SPHL is pretty soild for a minor league system.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:25 pm

KLM Line wrote:It was mentioned that Chattanooga is too close to Knoxville to be a viable SPHL option.

Having discussed this with some persons in the organization, they would LOVE to have a team in Chattanooga however there is really no place to play.

The places that exist in Chattanooga don't have facilities for an ice surface. In addtion, the success of some of the SPHL teams has been due to the thrifty management of money and they don't have the cash to install a chiller system in an existing facitlity.

Thus no Chattanooga team in the near future. It's the facility, not the location.
Hello, Camp Jordan Arena?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:20 pm

Minor League Man wrote:Hello, Camp Jordan Arena?
You need to have an icemaker in addition to having a barn (and I believe the place is literally a barn).
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

mitchg73
Site Admin

Post by mitchg73 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:23 am

rams80 wrote:Ok, now we're starting to veer back into drug induced fantasies and hallucinations. What CHL team is close enough to the SPHL to make a go of it? Besides Richmond and Roanoke, what UHL teams could hack the travel? ECHL teams dropping down?-the "success" of Pee Dee kind of shoots a hole in that theory.
i think we might see a few teams come around in the 07-08 season like some SC teams....nothing against pee dee but when they in the echl they were only avergaing about 2,000 a game,so not a big drop there..i think with the new local ownership and a good marketing plan they'll be ok...in the future i think greeneville,augusta pensacola and maybe columbia may drop to the sphl.. i dont think you'll see any chl teams defect with the exception of maybe memphis but i dont think that'll happen

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:59 am

I think the longer the SPHL can stand stronge the more you will see other teams look to this league.

Return to “SPHL”