East Kentucky Miners updates?

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Your statement is just as racist as Ford's

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:30 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]if this was 1959 both would get tar and feathered and run out of the county
but
this is 2009, so playing the race card will get you:

Free arena next year and a grant from the county for 200,000 dollars

East kentucky will now be back..the race card does work in this day and age[/quote]

Nonsense! If the race card actually worked in this day and age then the economic status of african-americans would be far better than it is now. Your statement makes about as much sense as Demetrius Ford's beforementioned quote. It wasn't appropriate to play the race card--for either of you. Demetrius Ford has made a lot of crazy off the wall remarks over the years and everything he says should be taken with a grain of salt. Remember his back and forth emails with Joe Newman??? Heck! Objectively speaking, he stands on no higher ground than Joe...but the purple kool-aid kept people from even seeing that. Maybe in light of recent events, the fog has cleared.

Ironically, free arenas and money from local governments can be had...but it's not about race.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bectond
Site Admin

Post by bectond » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:44 pm

why would Pikeville. County give Ford a grant for 200K? I guess the Miners are not welcome in the pbs either because their internet mouthpeice has stated that the miner owners should be lynched. I can't see Vick wanting to play in that leaque now.
Basketball Junkie and Rummikub Champion

psbf
Site Admin

done

Post by psbf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:55 pm

I don't come around as much anymore, but I figured I would try to access some team websites. Lawton-Ft Sill Cavalry was not accessible and the East Kentucky Miners domain is now up for sale. The Xplosion website is still up though.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 am

that means the Xplosion is coming back.... if their website is still working, they must have a lead on new ownership and ahve plans to relaunch in 2009-2010. I think someone on here said something about the Xplosion coming back with more promoting next season.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:04 pm

As far as I know, I'm the only one who has held out hopes for the Xplosion to return, and the fact that the website is still going gives me reason for hope.
However, with the current situation with the CBA, our only hope may be the PBL and even with that a new owner would have to prove to the league that the X will have the support to survive.

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Yakama and Great Falls' websites are all still up too, I guess that means they're coming back too! Its just a matter of time before the Xplosion's domain needs to be renewed and no one pays the bill. Their website means nothing, they're not coming back!! When will you finally admit that?!
The PBL is in Buffalo! Lets Go Stampede!!

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:58 pm

tbayz1, I respect you for how you feel about your Buffalo team, the support that you give them. How would you feel if they left and you were in my position? I find it interesting how so many are easy to say 'get over it' without putting themselves in the other persons position. :confused:

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:10 pm

[quote=""psbf""]As far as I know, I'm the only one who has held out hopes for the Xplosion to return, and the fact that the website is still going gives me reason for hope.
However, with the current situation with the CBA, our only hope may be the PBL and even with that a new owner would have to prove to the league that the X will have the support to survive.[/quote]

Seriously? That's the carrot you are going to chase?

There is still a website for the Lousiana Blues of the ABA - they were scheduled to play in 05-06 but never took the court. Are they coming back? http://www.abablues.com/

There is an active website for the California Eagles, who will be starting play in 2006. Are they coming back? http://www.eagleslive.com/

There is an active website for the King County Royals, who haven't played since 2007. Are they coming back? http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/fron ... entID=2939

etc.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

panchess
Site Admin

Post by panchess » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:22 pm

abablues.com should be a web site where previous owners talk about their "experience" with the league..

Return to “CBA”